What parts of the queue do you miss in the Smugglers Run Fastpass line?

Mcert01

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are going in April. The news on FP+ for Smugglers Run is great. My one concern is that we might miss some of the best parts of the queue. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks for your help!

you miss all of the indoor queue. So you can't really see the hangar with parts and engines, you miss the second floor overlook of the Falcon. The fp goes straight into the pre-show. You do go into the MF main hold room with the dejarik board

So the question is this. Is seeing the hanger and parts and top view of the Falcon worth the extra 40-60 minutes you will wait in line? I'm thinking it may not be, but not having seen it I can't say for sure.

So the question is this. Is seeing the hanger and parts and top view of the Falcon worth the extra 40-60 minutes you will wait in line? I'm thinking it may not be, but not having seen it I can't say for sure.
I think it depends on how big a SW or Falcon fan you are. The details on the Falcon are unbelievable, I stood staring at it from the overview for a good 10 min letting people walk past me the first time I did the attraction.
The hangar area has a lot of cool details along with the banter over the audio system. But again, it really depends how big of a SW/Falcon fan you and your group is

Hi,

We are going in April. The news on FP+ for Smugglers Run is great. My one concern is that we might miss some of the best parts of the queue. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks for your help!

Take the FP+, you won't miss that much IMHO. IF you feel you must see the trinkets, do it a 2nd time when the wait is less.

I’m not a SW person but I think the queue is pretty cool and worth seeing. I’d FP it during the day and then ride again via the standby line more towards closing as the line dwindles, if so inclined and if it would fit in your schedule. I’m also a fan of seeing the land both in the daytime and at night, so that also plays into my opinion.

Weird but I could swear when I did the rope drop on Jan. 6...I don't recall even seeing it the overhead of the Falcon, in fact the photos @rdiver posted look more like what I saw...I wonder if that day they actually took rope droppers through what would become the FP line...

Weird but I could swear when I did the rope drop on Jan. 6...I don't recall even seeing it the overhead of the Falcon, in fact the photos @rdiver posted look more like what I saw...I wonder if that day they actually took rope droppers through what would become the FP line...

It’s not necessarily overhead, but it’s up a level and you’re looking towards the back of the Falcon from a series of windows. Not a great pic, but an example below.

A1B537AB-8CCF-4631-A458-1E425C0F5B3B.jpeg

I have not seen the regular line queue, so I’m not sure what I missed, but other than seeing the Falcon as you pass by, the FP line was pretty uneventful until you got up to the holding room...

ABCBF985-D786-4CD2-999E-22763A5CC3DC.jpeg

90E29038-8E73-46ED-AC03-FA5F2FACC5CF.jpeg

C5F0F7D5-45DE-43CF-B9BA-F58AFB666700.jpeg

3D693167-639D-4121-91ED-1604226E5642.jpeg

Sorry, was too excited and we were practically running up, so these were the only pictures I took. You might miss the main line detailed queue, but I was more excited about the holding room and ride itself. Have fun!

Last edited:
Thank you for taking pics and sharing them! I'm dying over here not able to go until October. I'm living vicariously through these pics and trip reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter