What pre-ride experiences can you opt out of?

b5sgqueen

Mouseketeer
Wasn't exactly sure how to phrase this question, but what pre-ride shows(rooms etc.) can you opt out of? I am reading about AK after hours and see that one of the (minor) complaints was not being allowed to skip FOP pre-shows. I'm just wondering if there are things across WDW that are skippable.

I go in the exit to RNR when I ride so I skip the pre show room and TOT I have skipped the preshow there before HM at the MK I skip the stretching room and then go in the exit

It's not really a show but you can skip the clam ride at The Seas with Nemo & Friends by going in the exit and it will take you directly to the Living Seas. We do this every time.

Are you asking for a reason like claustrophobia, or because you don’t want to waste the time? If it’s the latter, I don’t think it’s fair to ask to skip it.

“Opting out” should only be done in special circumstances

Agreed. Because in most cases (FOP in particular) the pre-show is an integral part of the story.

Are you asking for a reason like claustrophobia, or because you don’t want to waste the time? If it’s the latter, I don’t think it’s fair to ask to skip it.

I skip the preshow rooms because of a Disability I have to go up to the CM each time I want to ride and not only say what my disability is but also how it effects me in line ( really the room) most of the time the CM is OK with this but sometimes they need a manager approval, ( RNR ) So It can be skipped if it is to do with a disability and just saying you get claustrophobic will not let you skip it they want to know how it effects you ( or most CM do) in the end it really does not make the line faster.

Agreed. Because in most cases (FOP in particular) the pre-show is an integral part of the story.

FOP, you can not skip because they do the safety things and you have to hear it ( or be in the room when it is given). this is also way the cars on BTMRR cannot leave the station until after the safety announcement has been played before each car leaves the station.

Also skipping Preshows like the one for FoP won't actually get you anywhere else faster. While the preshow is running, the main theater is full of other guests enjoying the ride. You would have to wait for them to finish whether in the preshow or not.
For things like HM and Tower of Terror, you can conceivably receive a benefit as you would be in line to board your vehicle before those that were in the preshow. But if everyone skipped, then you would all just be waiting in line for the same amount of time as when the preshow existed.

I was more asking from the standpoint of riding something multiple times and if a portion can be skipped. I love HM, but the hanging man at the end of the stretch room weirds me out every time and I'm worried it will freak my niece out. Also, go on multiple times, I would think the pre-show gets a little old.

Thanks for the tip about the Living Seas.

I'm not sure about the fairness comment though. I don't think it is unfair to ask and I would never lie and say I had a disability. I don't know what special circumstance would qualify for you though.

I always assumed the pre-shows were part of the line. There might be a video or something to focus on but it’s predominantly a way to clear out a loading area before the next group comes in. Ever see the bottleneck that can form at Haunted Mansion when you get out of the stretching room? Now imagine it without waiting in the stretching room.

In other words, unless you have a disability (as has been stated), I don’t think you can skip the pre-show just because you’ve seen it before.

You can skip the show at Haunted Mansion? I do get claustrophobic and always hated this part it gives me so much anxiety, but love the ride. How can you opt out of it?

I don't think it is unfair to ask and I would never lie and say I had a disability. I don't know what special circumstance would qualify for you though.

I think the PP was just saying that in general, I would not say that you have a disability and need to skip the pre showroom, but if you go up to the CM and say you have done this before can you skip it. the CM will tell you no, ( see below for why) since it would mean people that truly need to skip it would have to wait even longer for you. Now if there is a reason why and it is not I have seen it before them, by all means, talk to the CM there, but really it gets old is not a reason why you should skip it

as someone that needs to skip some preshow room becue of a Disability ( and trust me you do not want me in a preshow room with you if I am having a bad day) about 95% of the time you will not get on the ride faster but it will take you longer with the HM you wait by the exit and since they can only have X amount of people with mobility ( and if you are doing this it does not matter if you do or do know have any mobility problems they still can only take X ( I think it is 2 in the ride) amount of people). I once waited 15 minutes just for a CM to tell me I would need to wait a few more minutes ( it was over 20 minutes total.

For FOP you cannot skip if because of the safety announcement made in the preshow room just like the trains at BTMRR cannot leave the station without the announcements being made.

You can skip the show at Haunted Mansion? I do get claustrophobic and always hated this part it gives me so much anxiety, but love the ride. How can you opt out of it?
when you go in the first room( before the stretching room) talk to the CM on your right ( this is where they normally stand) you will get a 50/50 chance of them letting you skip it. if they do not then try to be the last one in, this will give you more room when you are in the room

when you go in the first room( before the stretching room) talk to the CM on your right ( this is where they normally stand) you will get a 50/50 chance of them letting you skip it. if they do not then try to be the last one in, this will give you more room when you are in the room
Thanks! I'll definitely try this the next time we go. I usually try to get as close to the door that opens into the next room so I can get away from the people as quickly as possible. Also hate where it goes from a huge mob of people into single file, it always feels so squished.

Thanks! I'll definitely try this the next time we go. I usually try to get as close to the door that opens into the next room so I can get away from the people as quickly as possible. Also hate where it goes from a huge mob of people into single file, it always feels so squished.

skipping the stretching room sometimes does not skip this part, This is why if they ever tell me I can not skip it then I hang back and let everyone go in front of me so no one is pushing from behind, works great at TT, and TOT. I had such a hard time one time a manager told me to never do the stretching room and go through the exit if I ever wanted to ride it again, I did not ride it for 2 years and when went in the frist room a CM pulled me a side and took me to passed the stretching room the manager that helped me 2 years before was out there waiting for me and asked me if I remembered what she told me as she was taking me through the exit to get on the ride. I do not like the HM that much so I do not do it but once in a while. but from talking to others that have special needs ( I know a few kids with ASD/ SPD) that really do need to skip it. skipping it is like a 50/50 shot.

just a side question did you go to FSU I graduated from there in 2013 ( I might have asked you before so sorry if I did)

skipping the stretching room sometimes does not skip this part, This is why if they ever tell me I can not skip it then I hang back and let everyone go in front of me so no one is pushing from behind, works great at TT, and TOT. I had such a hard time one time a manager told me to never do the stretching room and go through the exit if I ever wanted to ride it again, I did not ride it for 2 years and when went in the frist room a CM pulled me a side and took me to passed the stretching room the manager that helped me 2 years before was out there waiting for me and asked me if I remembered what she told me as she was taking me through the exit to get on the ride. I do not like the HM that much so I do not do it but once in a while. but from talking to others that have special needs ( I know a few kids with ASD/ SPD) that really do need to skip it. skipping it is like a 50/50 shot.

just a side question did you go to FSU I graduated from there in 2013 ( I might have asked you before so sorry if I did)
I graduated from there in 2011, so we were at school together for 2 years lol. But there are like 40,000 kids attending. I was a business major. So if you do get to skip the room how does it work, do they just hold you until that room is done and then let you go over there?

Where do you stand for this in HM? I know where to stand for TOT and RNRC, but haven't figured out HM.

Where do you stand for this in HM? I know where to stand for TOT and RNRC, but haven't figured out HM.
Stand under portrait of the lady with the Parasol. The door opens right under her.
tfd0033-0204-001c-side.jpg

Where do you stand for RNRC?

I graduated from there in 2011, so we were at school together for 2 years lol. But there are like 40,000 kids attending. I was a business major. So if you do get to skip the room how does it work, do they just hold you until that room is done and then let you go over there?
It seems like every time there was something different but for the most part they have you go wait by the graves ( the above ground ones for got what they are called ) the CM gives you a plastic card to hold ( sometimes they do not) you wait there for anywhere from 5-15 minutes when a CM will either ask you what your needs are or they just take you back to where the stretching room exit. But like I said it seems different every time I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter