What province/territory do you live in?

Calgary, AB

I grew up outside of Ottawa (in Ottawa after the amalgamation) in Woodlawn though (and was born in the GTA lol)

I actually had to look up where Woodlawn is. Just near Constance Bay on the Ottawa River (for those who also were uncertain). Like you, I was also born in the GTA. It's a small world (no Disney pun intended). This thread is helping us to realize connection we have with one and other. In the world in which we live today, that is important.

Yes we lived right on the Ottawa River in a tiny little spot called Crown Point. We actually renovated that house in 2000 and ended up on the cover of Holmes and Cottages with a stunning shot of the back of the house looking up from the river. Those pictures are long gone from their website sadly but we loved our spot in the middle of nowhere... (or right HERE actually)

Yes we lived right on the Ottawa River in a tiny little spot called Crown Point. We actually renovated that house in 2000 and ended up on the cover of Holmes and Cottages with a stunning shot of the back of the house looking up from the river. Those pictures are long gone from their website sadly but we loved our spot in the middle of nowhere... (or right HERE actually)

Looks like a beautiful spot. Was it affected by the flooding two years ago? Or were you high enough up from the water?

Looks like a beautiful spot. Was it affected by the flooding two years ago? Or were you high enough up from the water?

We’d all moved by then but that house should never be affected by flooding, it’s easily 150 feet above the river.

6AAC60B8-9E58-4EC2-A65D-DEF49DFD3B7E.jpeg

Here’s the shot that was the magazine cover (pardon the glare) that’s only 2/3 of the way down to the water

SW ON. South of Detroit & Canada’s most southern town/city (don’t know which anymore since we are experiencing exponential growth).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter