What resort restaurants are worth the trip?

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
We always stay at BC/YC and love all the restaurants there. We have tried all of the restaurants in BWI, Swan/Dolphin, AKL (have done split stays there), and we've been to Ohana. We haven't tried any other resort restaurants because we usually try to maximize park/pool time, but I am ready to try a few new ones. Which one(s) would you recommend? Willing to travel to any Disney resort. Thanks!

We usually stay in the same area that you do and I have to say that my favorite restaurants are right there for the most part. We love being back near "home base" in the evening, so those restaurants that you apparently already know and love are definitely part of why we choose to stay there on most trips. That said if you're purposely trying to branch out to other resorts I'd chose Citricos at Grand Floridian if you're looking for a sophisticated atmosphere with great service and excellent food. Try the new Storybook Dining at Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge if you're looking for a less hectic than most, character meal in a whimsical yet refined setting.

Thanks! I know I am biased but we really have never felt the need to go anywhere else since these resort options, and especially plus Epcot, provide such great variety. My kids are older now and it feels easier to do some more exploring, so I am going to encourage everyone to try at least one new restaurant at a different resort. I appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks! I know I am biased but we really have never felt the need to go anywhere else since these resort options, and especially plus Epcot, provide such great variety. My kids are older now and it feels easier to do some more exploring, so I am going to encourage everyone to try at least one new restaurant at a different resort. I appreciate the suggestions.
When you throw in all of the Epcot options it really is an amazing area to stay and dine in! We are in the same boat as you where it's our older children who now encourage us to break from routine. Good thing they do, or we'd repeat the tried and true over and over. We compromise and do some old and some new. It works out well. Have a fantastic trip!

That's a tough one- most of the restaurants I most often rate as being worth the travel time are in that area.
We really liked California Grill. Grand Floridian Cafe was lovely for breakfast as well.
I know you are looking for suggestions at a resort, but I'll throw out that we also really liked Morimoto.

There are a few resort restaurants that I think are worth the travel headaches:
The Wave at Contemporary
Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge
Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian
Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness

And now a moment of silence for the former glitter free Artist Point. It was my favorite. Beautiful Northwest inspired cuisine.

We enjoy the Grand Floridian Cafe but have only done it at lunch after I had a Mani/Pedicure at the Spa. I know people who have taken a break from MK to go to the WL to eat at Whispering Canyon or FW for Trail's End. We usually go to DS for many of our dinners ( except for YSH worth the taxi cost) but we stayed at POFQ so it is easy to get there with the resort boat. Even go there for lunch on resorts days or after morning in a Park when we plan to spend the afternoon at the pool.

Since you mentioned Swan/Dolphin, I assume you're not limited to DDP restaurants. Have you tried anything at the Four Seasons, Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf-Astoria? Not only are they among the best WDW restaurants, they are ranked as some of the best in all of Orlando. Look into La Luce, Bull & Bear, Capa, and Ravello.

You also didn't mention Disney Springs. Some of the best restaurants are there, rather than at the resorts.

We haven't found many Disney restaurants that are really worth the time and money just for the food. We prefer to seek out experiences like Narcoossee's when we can watch the fireworks, Sanaa in the daytime to watch the animals, California Grill fireworks, etc. Coupling good food with a relaxing evening experience makes the meal more worthwhile; otherwise, we'd prefer to just eat wherever it is convenient. Decide which resort you might want to explore or choose a time that you want to stroll through Disney Springs, then select the best of the restaurants to try nearby.

Another vote for The Wave! Great at breakfast or dinner. I haven't tried lunch there yet, but I'm guessing that would also be good. And I like the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

Whispering Canyon, too.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. We haven't been to Disney Springs since it was called Downtown Disney! Maybe we'll check it out this trip. We have been to Ravello and Capa and both are excellent. I am going to have a hard time deciding on another place - I have several friends who love both California Grill and Hoop-De-Doo and we haven't tried either. We'll have a lot of great options to choose from now, so again, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter