What resort would you pick with 350 points?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
We keep going back and forth-we usually stay at BL in a 1 bedroom, and love it (mostly for location and 2 bathrooms). We really want to try something new this year-we have it narrowed down to:

1 week at Beach club in 2 bedroom (have never stayed there before)
1 week at BW in 2 bedroom (have stayed there a few years ago in a 1 bedroom)
As far as the Grand Floridian (would love to try it!)-we can do 1 week in 1 bedroom, or 6 nights in a 2 bedroom.
It's myself, my dh, and son. We do like extra room even though there is only 3 of us-we do spend quite a bit of time at the resort.

Thoughts??

I'd do the 6-night stay at GF. I enjoy the others fine, but VGF are more nicely appointed, and you'll be on the monorail. Besides, you've not stayed there before. Of those listed, I'd choose BC next since you've not stayed there and you have SAB. The theming there is a bit bland for my tastes, though the location next to Epcot and within walking distance of DHS is a draw. Good luck deciding!

Thanks, I honestly have to say I am leaning towards the Grand Floridian! Another plus is the location to MK which usually is where we do spend the most time-

Thanks, I honestly have to say I am leaning towards the Grand Floridian! Another plus is the location to MK which usually is where we do spend the most time-
Yep, easy access to MK is great. Also, you can easily walk to Poly for the restaurants there or just to visit. While the GF decor is a tad ostentatious, it is undeniably pretty and feels like a top tier resort. Obviously, there are great places to eat there and nice shopping, too. While the BC has certain conveniences, mostly Epcot and SAB, the GF is simply more appealing and well-appointed. Have fun wherever you decide!

The GF isn't my style, so I would go with Beach Club, but that's just me. Sounds like you really want to stay at the GF so go for it.

Can't really go wrong can you? ;)

If it is just 3 of you, the 1br at GF would work as well for 7 nights. It has the pull down murphey bed, so you would not have to deal with the pull out sofa.

Laura

that's actually what I'm leaning towards-7 nights in a 1 bedroom is less points than 6 nights in a 2 bedroom (more $ for other stuff!)

Personally....I'd do BCV. My very fave. Great location, fabulous pool, quaint smaller resort and less point cost than GFV. BWV, we own and stay there a lot and it's good too...but you've been there something something new.

Have you had good success at BCV getting a full balcony for a 2 bedroom, or a decent view?

Only had a 2BR there once. It was with two queens. It overlooked the quiet pool and had normal balcony, not one of the big balconies.

If it is just 3 of you, the 1br at GF would work as well for 7 nights. It has the pull down murphey bed, so you would not have to deal with the pull out sofa.

Laura

THIS. We love the VGF!! And the murphy bed is perfect if you are a family of 3.

We recently did a split stay plus cruise (just in studios) and while we liked BCV and are actually considering buying there, the BCV is tucked away in the back and doesn't have the wow factor of the GF hotel or the poshness of the VGF. Just my 2 cents!

There are no "view" at BCV. Though I do like the quiet pool view myself, that is not what most people mean when they ask about a view. They usually want a view of Epcot, Spaceship Earth, or BWV and the lake. But it has the great pool, and 2 parks to walk to, you can't beat that. Plenty of places to dine and spend your time and money. But it is tucked in a corner back behind Beach Club resort and the Epcot huge convention center/meeting space. It is great though. VGF is beautiful, and makes you feel quite spoiled. Beautiful views. Easy access to MK, and again, lots of places to dine, and spend your money. :)
What a wonderful choice to have to make.

I'm having a lot of fun imagining how I'd use 350 points for one trip! (My first choice would be a 1 bedroom at Aulani) What an amazing dilemma to be in!

We own at BLT but if you are looking for a change of scenery, I recommend BC. Our son LOVED the pool - it really is like having a little water park on site. And we loved the proximity to Epcot. We definitely spent more time there than we have on other trips and it was a great change of pace.

We thought the room at BC was terrific. We were in a 2 bed lock off (in laws joined us so, you know, LOCK OFF!)

Lock off indeed! Lol! Thank you all for your thoughts, I know there is no bad decision here, it is fun investigating all of that. We’ve stayed at a few of the dvc resorts, they all have their pluses!

We got stuck with a two bedroom at VGF a few years ago (friends cancelled on us at 28 days). We had only reserved there bc that was their dream resort. We are AKV type people and thought there would be too much attitude at VGF. We couldn't have been more wrong. Everyone was lovely and friendly. The room was gorgeous. I say go for Grand Floridian! If is wonderful.

You've got to try VGF if you've never stayed there! Great pools, great lobby, great restaurants (and walking distance to Poly restaurants and monorail over to Contemporary restaurants!) Nothing beats staying out late at Magic Kingdom and riding the boat or monorail back to VGF! Could you stay an extra night with the extra points saved? Totally worth it! Fold out beds are super comfy (my kids don't complain at all about them and they complain about other beds all the time!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter