What restaurant surprised you?

Sara_H

999 ghosts with room for 1 more...
There is a thread out there talking about the restaurant that was a big let down so I was wondering what restaurant did you go to either because another member of your party wanted to, because it was there and there was little wait or any other reason, that exceeded your expectations?

Le Cellier- I have read so many mixed reviews on it. I had scheduled it on previous trips and always cancelled but we finally went on our last trip in February and it was excellent. The food was amazing and the service was awesome. It turned out to be the best meal of our trip.

1900 Park Fare dinner surprised me the most. I went into it with pretty low expectations and the food was really, really good. I had read reviews that said it was just 'okay', your typical buffet, and I found the food surprisingly good. They had this butternut squash ravioli with sage brown butter sauce that I still think about.

The character interaction with the stepsisters was everything I had hoped for and more. Even with two little kids (a 4 & 2 year old), they did a great job at being the right amount of snarky to be hilarious and not scary.

Nomad Lounge. One of our best meals - it's such a lovely place, perfect to wind down and there was hardly anyone there. The food was excellent but the atmosphere was even better, it was so calm and you sit on armchairs and sofas and eat tapas-style food off a coffee table - it's a perfect oasis.

Coral Reef. I don’t eat seafood so I’ve never been interested. But on our February 2018 sister trip our flight was canceled, we were in Epcot and starving. Coral Reef had an adr within 15 minutes. We both got a slow cooked beef with polenta dish that was amazing. It doesn’t seem to be on the menu anymore so I don’t plan to go back.

There were a few on our last trip in February.

Hollywood and Vine was a nice surprise.
I wasn't sure we would love the Bon Voyage Breakfast at the Boardwalk but it ended up being our favorite breakfast.
Three trips ago I hated my meal at Liberty Tree Tavern. This past trip it was WONDERFUL and all of us said it was our best meal of the trip so we are grabbing a reservation for October when our window opens.

There were two new to me restaurants during my last family trip in November 2018 that really blew me away - Chefs de France and Mama Melrose's.

I love French food, my husband and I are always going to our local French place for date night. I didn't expect Chefs de France to be just as good and so reasonably priced. Both the charcuterie and cheese boards were lovely. Very nice salad with bacon and vinaigrette (only a poached egg on top would have made it better). And a very solid steak frites. It was a real highlight of the trip for both of us. I liked it so much that we're going there for dinner the first night of our July trip.

When I went to Hollywood Studios for the first time last year, I really struggled to find a sit-down dinner option that sounded appealing. Alot of it really does sound like meh, bland greasy American food (50's Prime Time & Sci-Fi Dine-In). So I was really pleased with how decent Mama Melrose's was. I actually enjoyed my meal, and DH tolerated his, so that's good enough, right? The caprese salad was tasty with sweet tomatoes and plenty of basil and I really did enjoy the chicken parm. Not the usuall overcooked starchy noodle glop with cheese glueing it all together.

Chefs De France. We wanted to try something different, we live in a very small rural town and French food is not something that we can try.

We loved it! Our waitress was fantastic, the food was exceptional and the bread and lobster bisque!!! I can't wait to go back again.
My family is used to me cooking mostly provincial style French food and as such we rarely eat that type of cuisine outside.
We were exceptionally happy by the food, theming, and service at Chefs de France and were sad ish that we chose to eat at M. Paul's last trip instead. This is not to say the food at the French siggy wasn't good but it just didn't equal the joie de vivre of the lesser costing eatery. Oh and the swordfish entree was overcooked at MP although they gladly switched to the black sea bass and charged us for the lesser priced dish as a mea culpa.

We booked Liberty Tree Tavern last Nov for dinner on our MK/HEA night. I figured it would be easy since it was in the park. We ended up loving the meal & the pot roast! We booked it again for our Sept/Oct trip this year.

H&V breakfast and Chef Mickey’s for dinner. One year we did all character meals and I went in to these two expecting the worst, but now they’re must-do’s every time. My husband loves the omelette station at H&V. I think we have good luck at Chef Mickey’s because we grab the earliest dinner ADR available and don’t stand in the long line to have our picture taken, so we are usually some of the first people through the buffet.

Gasparilla Island Grill- we went expecting run of the mill QS options and were pleasantly surprised by the menu. The mahi mahi Ruben was very good and one of my favorite meals of the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!