What restaurant surprised you?

Gotta add one more shout-out for the Grand Floridian Cafe. We went there by default, as we couldn't get an ADR for dinner the day we were at MK. Wow, the food there was delicious! We made an ADR there the next trip and the place was full, probably owing to the fact that word had gotten out about how great it was. And our meals were just as wonderful as before.

Nine Dragons. Got a walk up when it started raining, expected run-of-the-mill food and it was great!
We really liked Nine Dragons, and wished we had tried it before.
Agreed! We picked this up as a last minute ADR when none of our usual favorites were available. Went in with low expectations, but ended up really enjoying it! Our meal was hot and fresh and service was great. Only negative was the drunk guy next to us who ended up barfing in a plant...but that’s another story! 🤢

A good surprise for us is Raglan Road. Love the music and dancers.

Pecos Bill’s was a pleasant surprise for us. Both my husband and I loved our meals. For someone who has food allergies, this was a big win for me.

Garden Grill breakfast was wonderful as well. They had allergy friendly food that I really enjoyed. The character interactions were fun, even for 2 adults. We also found the service to be amazing!

I've got to say 50s PTC. My in-laws chose it so I didn't go in with great expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. Perhaps because my expectations were so low?
We Love 50's Primetime! Was a little intimidated by the reviews talking about the banter with the servers....but my kids loved it!

Pecos Bill’s was a pleasant surprise for us. Both my husband and I loved our meals. For someone who has food allergies, this was a big win for me.

Garden Grill breakfast was wonderful as well. They had allergy friendly food that I really enjoyed. The character interactions were fun, even for 2 adults. We also found the service to be amazing!
YAY - Chef Mickey's surprised me in a good way - I had heard the food was not great, but we had a large group and thought we'd go for the fun character interaction. I was very happy with the food (the pot roast and a pesto mac & cheese especially!!). Service was awesome and character interaction too!!

NAY - Be Our Guest was beautiful, but a let down food wise. I got the Coq Au Vin chicken. Literally *1* spear of asparagus and *3* cherry tomatoes, and I just didn't like the flavor of the chicken. My family got the French Dip and the Turkey sandwich and both were good, but not stellar. Glad we went for the experience, but will likely not go back.
BOG was a fav for us for the experience too...food, eh, not so much. :)

It's no longer around, but dining at Bongo's was fabulous. I had avoided it for years because I had read such back reviews. On our honeymoon in 2018, my husband really wanted to give it a try and it was the best meal we had the whole trip.

Now it's no longer, which is sad because it was such a fun place and the food was so delicious.

Hollywood and Vine. I used a dining credit on it, so I didn't pay the silly high prices, but I found the food there to be quite good. Perhaps it's because I set my expectations low due to reading so many bad reviews, but I would recommend it to a friend.

Agreed! We were just there 2 weeks ago and it ended up to be our favorite buffet of the trip!

For us, the first time we walked into Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen not knowing anything about it. From the time we arrived to the time we left, we had excellent service and the food was so good. Now it's my favorite MK restaurant.

Tiffins. I expected good food based on reviews, but I was blown away by the food, service, and atmosphere. It's perfect for a midday break from the heat, and is one of the few places on my 'repeat every trip if at all possible' list.

Tony's. We just got apps and salads during our trip last February (went for lunch, and we had a BOG dinner that evening), but my salad was really amazing. Apps were really good too.

Grand Floridian Cafe. Dinner and brunch were both much better than I expected, and the price was nice as well.

50's Primetime was a pleasant surprise for us - especially after having disappointing meals at all the other TS restaurants at HS.

This past August we went to BOG in the MK before the MNSSHP and was very pleased! Food was hot, fresh and very good, scallops and lamp chops were cooked perfect, with all the "dis"ing in here we went in expecting ho-hum and got awesome food!

In August I had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe (AK) and we loved it! It was cool, not terribly noisy, and the service excellent. I thought it would be fine but we were more than pleased.

its a great escape from the heat and sun of AK.

For us, the first time we walked into Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen not knowing anything about it. From the time we arrived to the time we left, we had excellent service and the food was so good. Now it's my favorite MK restaurant.

What food, specifically would you recommend there? I've wanted to try it, since I LOVE the Jungle Cruise ride's shtick, but I just haven't seen anything on the menu that appeals to me.

I had the whole fried fish and it was excellent. It was crisp, not greasy at all, and it was the best theme park food I’ve ever had. Not to mention being able to order a beer or glass of wine is nice. I usually do lunch here rather than dinner. It’s a nice break from the day.

In all our of trips since 2008, we had never been to Crystal Palace. I figured it it was a bunch of average buffet food geared towards kids. I had read years and years of bad reviews. But I caved and tried it because my 16 year old daughter loves characters and well....that is just what you do fo ryour kids. LOL We went in January 2019 and it was one of the best meals we had all week long.

Hoop De Doo was a huge surprise. We went the first time about 12 years ago, really low expectations because I thought it sounded super cheezy. I didn't get it. Well, we've been on each trip since then - it's just our favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!