What restaurants do you not want to go back to?

Narcooses, last trip our steaks came out cold after a huge wait. They took them away and re cooked but they cam out lukewarm with a weird very salty sauce. Awful

Jiko, used to love it last trip menu was dumbed down and food was downright boring

Ohana never had a good meal there

Ohana- I loved the pot stickers and dessert but the steak was so rare we couldn't eat it and my husband didn't enjoy any of the food except the dessert, Via Napoli- It was ok service but we thought the pizza was overrated and wasn't that good, Rainforest cafe- Just too loud and we both had headaches after we finished but the food was better than what we thought.

Akershaus, Chef Mickey, Tusker House. I am sensing a theme here - no more buffets.

Ohana- I loved the pot stickers and dessert but the steak was so rare we couldn't eat it and my husband didn't enjoy any of the food except the dessert, Via Napoli- It was ok service but we thought the pizza was overrated and wasn't that good, Rainforest cafe- Just too loud and we both had headaches after we finished but the food was better than what we thought.

If you return to Ohana, you can ask them for more well done steak. We had that problem on our last visit. We asked for something that had been cooked longer, and they happily obliged.

Le cellier. We have had some good meals there before but the last time I declared it my last. The food wasn't anything amazing, I felt rushed and I can't stand how tiny the tables are and how close you are to your neighbor. I would much rather spend the $ somewhere else. I can't even imagine eating there with our son which is a shame since it's a family theme park restaurant.

Bongos....loud atmosphere and the food was very dry and bland
Marrakesh...dry bland food
Tony's....gross food
CRT breakfast....way too pricey for what you get
Frontera Cocina....Just went and small expensive entre I got was meh

Places I'm in no hurry to go back to but will if someone wants to...
Cape May (going on next trip because DD chose it)...small crab legs and a bunch of salad not worth cost
Garden Grill...too busy and hectic and food is just okay
Rose and Crown....terrible service and meh food that arrived cold (can get same fish and chips at stand for cheaper)
The Luau....meh food and expensive
Rainforest and TRex...very crowded and loud and meh food that is over priced

Last edited:
Biergarten - The food was just ok and I'm not a fan of sitting with strangers.
Tony's Town Square - The food was good enough but there are too many other places with much better food

Ohana - definitely won't be back for breakfast. was there for over an hour and the characters weren't even close to coming by my table. Didn't see a pattern to what tables they were going to. Looked it would be another hour for them to visit so once I was done with the meal I left. Food was just okay. Dinner - I'll probably try via room service if I stay there. Slow service yet rushed with the food being served. No one was checking up for refills for beverages etc after someone dropped off the food. Overall just didn't live up to the hype but since I ended up with a cold the next day I'd consider trying the food again in case it was due to that reason

Akershaus - because it became a princess buffet. When it was just a Norwegian smorgasbord, it was a must eat.
CRT - We had a great experience. Super interaction with princesses (and my kids were 19 and 21 at the time!), good food. You pay for the princesses and to be in the castle, and we don't need to do it again.
San Angel - Food is fine, but the Mexican is better at home for much less.

One I have no desire to try: Biergarten. My side of the family is German. Grew up eating German food, or as we like to call it "food." However, that might change if I see sauerbraten on the menu...

Hollywood and Vine we did not enjoy at all. Hoop de Doo..... the show was cute, food average. That's probably a one and done for us also.

And finally, Via Napoli in EPCOT. We can get better Italian food, and especially better brick-oven-fired pizza, at a fraction of the prices listed.

Same here. Would not return to Via Napoli. Cant think of any others I feel this way about.

Kona - With the menu changes over the last few years, what was once a favorite is now off the list. Plus, the last time we went for dinner, we had such bad service, its hard to get that out of our minds.
Skipper Canteen - We are very adventurous eaters and were really looking forward to eating here and it was a big disappointment. We usually give a restaurant a second try but will not do that here.
Lastly, I am so happy my kids are at the age where they no longer want to do character buffets. None of us are fans of lukewarm trays of food sitting around under heat lamps.

Be Our Guest

I don't think it was bad, however it had a convention center or wedding venue feel to it. I felt the service was slow and the food was very 'conveyor belt'.

My theory based on no evidence is that they made the place WAY too big, so the quality of food and service suffers.

Biergarten - The food was just ok and I'm not a fan of sitting with strangers.
Tony's Town Square - The food was good enough but there are too many other places with much better food

My daughter never wants to go back to Biergarten because a strange man that sat beside us. He kept talking to us and she became paranoid he was going to follow us:rotfl:

While I have not been to every restaurant, there is honestly not one that I consider "must not do again".

This is exactly how I feel. We have had less than stellar food a couple times, but an off night in the kitchen doesn’t make me vow to never return. I would have to go somewhere several times and it be bad for me to write it off.

Biergarten--just didn't enjoy the food. Tusker House lunch--meat was fatty and inedible, veggies mushy. Desserts were good! H&V--just very ordinary, bland food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter