What restaurants won’t you go to again?

Brown Derby. First time we went was in 2018 and the filet was very overcooked and the food was just not that great. Hungry family ate it anyway as the waiter was incredibly slow and was just not there. Decided maybe it was just an 'off' day so we made another ADR for it for our past trip in November. Walked in, husband spoke to the front desk CM and explained we had a really bad experience the year prior and if possible we would like a more "seasoned" waiter in hopes of getting a better experience. He seemed to make note of it but we literally sat there for over half an hour while everyone else got seated around us without any word from anyone.

Finally they call us to be seated, and the waitress walks us over to a table in probably one of the worst spots in the restaurant (right by an entranceway where one of the chairs was sticking out and whomever unlucky enough to sit there would probably be brushed up against everytime someone passed). At that point, I was beyond frustrated by the long wait as well as the very poor choice of seating arrangements and got up to leave, and the manager came over hearing me talk to the front desk about where they sat us, and asked "would you like to move to a different table?". No,, actually I wouldn't, you sat everyone down ahead of us, even when they came after us, you tried to sit us in one of the worst locations in the restaurant, and now with all the tables filled we pretty much were offered "bottom of the barrel" pickings. It left a really bad taste in my mouth and we decided to leave and we definitely won't be back.

Every restaurant has probably been mentioned here by now, but thought I'd throw in my two cents:

Ohana - we had high expectations based on the popularity of this, but it was loud and chaotic and the food was just ok. It was also a very quick meal, so the dining experienced was rushed.

Via Napoli - been twice, it was just ok, but thought it was not much to write home about. Don't see the appeal, and would rather try other places in Epcot than go back a third time.

Akershus - had breakfast here and just thought our money was better spent at other character breakfasts that has a better variety of food.

Tony's Town Square - this place gets consistently bad reviews, but our meal here was actually ok. It just wasn't memorable and nothing about the place excites us, so we choose to eat elsewhere.

I found Coral Reef wildly disappointing. Despite having ADRs, we wait almost 30 minutes. Which is fine most places, except here you basically just sit in a long hallway. The food is absolutely mediocre and the views are exactly what you'd see if you walked around to the other side of the building and just wandered around. And with so many amazing dining opportunities in World Showcase, why bother?

This thread is amazing but is making me have all kinds of second thoughts about my ADR I just booked at Marrakesh. I thought the menu looked so good and I thought kids would like fish nuggets. I saw one positive for it on here - anyone else?

Until 12/18, Marrakesh was a "must do" for me (since way back in the 90s!). I skipped it last trip and next only because I felt the need to try out something new. I like the place and think you'll be fine. FWIW, I also like O'hana.

I know how you feel, though, I keep seeing my upcoming trip's picks bashed and think....did I make a mistake?

Brown Derby. First time we went was in 2018 and the filet was very overcooked and the food was just not that great. Hungry family ate it anyway as the waiter was incredibly slow and was just not there. Decided maybe it was just an 'off' day so we made another ADR for it for our past trip in November. Walked in, husband spoke to the front desk CM and explained we had a really bad experience the year prior and if possible we would like a more "seasoned" waiter in hopes of getting a better experience. He seemed to make note of it but we literally sat there for over half an hour while everyone else got seated around us without any word from anyone.

Finally they call us to be seated, and the waitress walks us over to a table in probably one of the worst spots in the restaurant (right by an entranceway where one of the chairs was sticking out and whomever unlucky enough to sit there would probably be brushed up against everytime someone passed). At that point, I was beyond frustrated by the long wait as well as the very poor choice of seating arrangements and got up to leave, and the manager came over hearing me talk to the front desk about where they sat us, and asked "would you like to move to a different table?". No,, actually I wouldn't, you sat everyone down ahead of us, even when they came after us, you tried to sit us in one of the worst locations in the restaurant, and now with all the tables filled we pretty much were offered "bottom of the barrel" pickings. It left a really bad taste in my mouth and we decided to leave and we definitely won't be back.

Also won’t go back to brown derby for the service. I was sat in almost the same table PP was referring to near the entranceway and as a result was ignored by our server for 20 min, and when I wanted to order everything at the same time (since we waited so long to begin with) he acted annoyed. We didn’t have cocktails until a half hour in and everything after that seemed to be rushed out in response to ordering all at once, even though an appetizer is clearly supposed to be an appetizer even if not explicitly stated. The food was good but it probably would have left a much more lasting impression if the service wasn’t so off putting.

Now I just go to the lounge outside, service is always great and I’ve never been let down. It’s turned into one of my favorite spots in HS and I don’t think I’ll be going back inside anytime soon.

I found Coral Reef wildly disappointing. Despite having ADRs, we wait almost 30 minutes. Which is fine most places, except here you basically just sit in a long hallway. The food is absolutely mediocre and the views are exactly what you'd see if you walked around to the other side of the building and just wandered around. And with so many amazing dining opportunities in World Showcase, why bother?
We had a very similar experience and we gave them a second try and...just as bad. Seating is a real issue.

Flyîng fish and Yachtsman steakhouse Both front of the house issues. Food and service were good at both but, not good enough to bring us back.

Le Cellier…. Gross steak, horrid service high prices. And I gave this loser more than one shot.

Nine Dragons.... apparently the only seasoning they have is salt so they just poor it on everything!

Chef Mickey's--- I know everyone loves this place, but the 2 times we have visited they had problems replenishing food. The food seemed to be much colder than I have had at other Disney buffets. The taste of the food was pretty meh. The place can get so packed and chaotic. I just couldn't relax here at all.

Tony’s - just awful food
Le Cellier - too crowded - Just ok steaks
Ohana - beef was all gristle
Nine Dragons - we both got sick within 20 minutes of eating there
Marrakesh- didn’t like anything on the menu
Skipper Cafe - didn’t enjoy my meal
We really don’t do many TS meals - the food is generally not that good.

Tony’s - just awful food
Le Cellier - too crowded - Just ok steaks
Ohana - beef was all gristle
Nine Dragons - we both got sick within 20 minutes of eating there
Marrakesh- didn’t like anything on the menu
Skipper Cafe - didn’t enjoy my meal
We really don’t do many TS meals - the food is generally not that good.
So what would you say that you enjoy eating at WDW? To each their own but from your response it seems that menu that very from the basics aren’t your cup of tea

So what would you say that you enjoy eating at WDW? To each their own but from your response it seems that menu that very from the basics aren’t your cup of tea
I like the pepperoni pizza at Via Napoli, lunch at SciFi, burger at Liberty Tree, Bfast at Crystal Palace, and any meal at Olivia’s or The Wave. Yup - just the basics and I don’t eat fish or chicken or veal...I’m a a very boring eater -

Two places for the same reason, service. We had the most bizarre experience with a server that I can only assume thought he wasn't getting a tip at Akershus. The man was slamming things around and just being awful. Then at Chefs de France we had the greatest service we have ever had at a Disney establishment (signature included.) Very attentive, talking to us about the food and his culture, just an amazing experience. I won't go back there because I don't want the memory of that meal tarnished...silly I know, but it is what it is.

Also on the list, Sci-fi (just not good)
Tony's (only did it for the parade seating anyway)
Ohana
BOG diner (only breakfast here for us)

Man , I forgot about 9 Dragons. It was so bad its not even registering in my brain.
Both times we tried it we got sick.

and it was years between visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts