What restaurants won’t you go to again?

Here's the thing: dining like everything else at WDW is incredibly subjective. On every thread to do with a restaurant, nearly every restaurant will show up at some point. Good or bad. Some places have off days. Some people are basing their opinions off one trip 5 years ago, when the menu/executive chef has probably changed a few times since. One person's awful is another person's amazing. If I cancelled ADRs based on other guest experiences, we never would have gone to CRT. But we ended up loving it. Don't let it deter you.
This. Totally.

We planned for something different in November and chose H&V. Had I been active here prior to that ADR for the Seasonal Dining, I might not have. Yet we had a fabulous time and the Seasonal Dining offerings were spot on for my family. We enjoyed it so much we even went back in the same week for breakfast. My kids were loving it, which is just not like them at all... So later when I joined here to continue talkin' Disney, because it drives my wife batty, I was surprised to see so much angst against H&V.

I don't think we've ever had a bad meal at WDW. What we end up not enjoying is maybe the noise level or crowded tabling. BOG for one. It was loud and it was jammed seating for dinner. The meal was awesome, but I don't need to go again. Getting elbowed as people make their way to the West room to take photos wasn't enjoyable to us.

Be Our Guest...one and done actually did it twice...lol not impressed to expensive
Sci Fi diner....not a big fan
Ohana, just went this past dec...changed main course items around...was just ok

DH loves it. I, unfortunately, am allergic to lobster. So is DD.
Can you imagine living in Maine like we do and both my wife and I have bad symptoms to lobster, shrimp, etc. I don't know how we magically hooked up with the same problem, but here we sit and the world around us stops for lobster rolls in summah, and we just smile and politely decline.

Yak and Yeti QS is the only meal I’ve been seriously upset about how bad it was. It was on our first ever trip to Animal Kingdom. It was insane trying to find a place to sit, and then my sweet and sour chicken looked like old chicken nuggets swimming in neon sweet and sour sauce. No one else in my family liked their meals either so my kids were hungry; I was cranky at spending so much on food no one would eat. It just set a bad tone for the rest of the day.

Can you imagine living in Maine like we do and both my wife and I have bad symptoms to lobster, shrimp, etc. I don't know how we magically hooked up with the same problem, but here we sit and the world around us stops for lobster rolls in summah, and we just smile and politely decline.
Yeah. That stinks.

I'm fortunate in that I can still eat shrimp, clams, & scallops, so when we vacation in Cape Cod, that's what I eat. DH likes to sample the lobster rolls wherever we travel and make comparisons. He definitely enjoyed the ones he had in Maine for sure.

Skippers canteen - the food on the menu sounded gourmet and it was barely edible quality
Tony’s - we used to like going there, last couple trips food quality and taste has declined
Pinnocchio in magic kingdom - the pizza is unedible, the chicken tenders tasted like they’d been stored in a freezer for 5 years
9 dragons - most definitely the worst Chinese food I’ve ever had in my life

I'd suggest trying [Nine Dragons] anyways. We did, in spite of reading so many negative reviews over the years. Turns out that we really enjoyed it-great food, service, and atmosphere for us.

I'd second this opinion. Three years ago, we finally tried this place. Loved it. The servers have been fantastic, the flavors delightful, and it has become one of our "mandatory" stops on every visit.

I try to set myself up for a positive experience—order dishes that they are likely to do well. I get down a few times a year, and i hope I am forgiving of a team having a bad night. That said, I have my own list...

Tony’s — I’ve been twice (the second time is all on me, I should have known better). Soggy pasta and red sauce that is simply wrong. I think they rush you out in hopes that you will forget the experience.
BoG — a Park’s exec once said that their goal for this place was to offer good food fast. They have failed in both. Three strikes, they’re out.
Brown Derby — this was once a favorite. Food quality has taken a nose dive. I’ve tried a few times over the past two years, and they just no longer get it done.

Last edited:
Yikes! We have adr's at most of the ones you all have mentioned. Will be interesting to see how they pan out for us. I will say that I'm shocked at all the negative comments about Via Napoli....their pizza is in my top few that I've had ANYwhere (including Italy). I honestly can't think of a Disney restaurant that I would never go back to. Hopefully our soon-to-be trip won't change that.

It’s been years since we’ve been there, but I was absolutely underwhelmed by their pizza. I did have high expectations based on the reviews when we went, but it was just ok.

It’s been years since we’ve been there, but I was absolutely underwhelmed by their pizza. I did have high expectations based on the reviews when we went, but it was just ok.

It must be a difference in personal taste, because it was just as wonderful as we had remembered!

Tony's. I already knew it was going to be awful, but DH really, really, REALLLLLYYYYY wanted to try it. Yep. Awful. Truly awful. Never again.
Le Cellier. We went 3 or 4 times, but it was never all that impressive. No need to go back.
BoG. We went several times for lunch and it never got any better. Crowded, chaotic, cast members were rude (and I do not typically say that - most cast members are delightful.) I thought about going for dinner, but nah.
STK. Too LOUD in there! And the food was not that good. Although they do make a mean Cucumber Stiletto. I would go at an off time just for that cocktail.

Cinderella's Royal Table: It was a one-and-done, mostly due to cost. It's really expensive for what you get. DD is out of the princess phase, and ds enjoyed it, but could take it or leave it. I didn't care for our table location.
It wasn't awful. The castle was pretty, and the character interaction was good. Food was decent.
I'm glad we tried it and had the experience, but we likely won't go back.
My brother-in-law actually jokes that it was the most expensive macaroni and cheese ever. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter