• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What should we do first... WDW or US/IOA?

Mercy

<font color="blue">never been tagged ... until now
For our Aug 04 trip we are planning 6 nights at WDW and 4 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel and doing the parks at both. Which would you suggest to do first and why?

Go to Disney first and Universal last! After standing on lines at Disney you will be so thankful for hotel express at Universal!

We're doing 7 nights at WDW followed by 3 nights at Universal next summer. We're staying concierge level at the BC but have only a garden-view room booked at PBH. My biggest concern is that, as nice as PBH is, it will be a letdown after staying concierge level. I'm hoping that the Universal Express passes will make up for that!

Originally posted by mad4themouse
We're doing 7 nights at WDW followed by 3 nights at Universal next summer. We're staying concierge level at the BC but have only a garden-view room booked at PBH. My biggest concern is that, as nice as PBH is, it will be a letdown after staying concierge level. I'm hoping that the Universal Express passes will make up for that!

Suggestion! Change your reservation to a bay view (slightly higher than garden view) get yourself a loews card and at check in request an upgrade to a deluxe poolview! Even if you dont change it you can ask for a bayview upgrade with your card. I dont think you will be letdown once you see and stay at Portofino...its quite impressive and deluxe. Even with a gardenview booked unless you have a suite at BC, Portofino's room will be larger. Sounds like 2 perfect places to stay during your vacation! Have Fun:)

We have our vacation already booked for Aug. too! We decided to stay at HRH first, then on to Polynesian Concierge. I just felt that HRH would be a bit of a let down(in service) if we did HRH second! This is strictly an opinion when comparing HRH pool view to Poly Concierge LV! I heard Poly Concierge is awesome!?! You guys make a good point about Express though!

Hi Aspiring Cindy... I was noticing your countdown clock to AKL concierge and then Poly next year...

10 bucks says you change your Poly trip to AKL after staying there :p

>>^..^<<

I would definitely do Disney first. You will absolutely hate standing in line once you've done Universal with FOTL. Also, I would like to say to mad4themouse that I have stayed BC concierge as well as a deluxe poolview room at PBH (I think JessicaR's suggestion is a good one) and can say that the PBH room was head and shoulders above the room at BC. Now, concierge level is nice because of the treats, but you are paying alot of money for that. The bathroom in the deluxe poolview room is almost as big as the room at BC. I doubt you will be disappointed with PBH after staying at BC. Just my two cents, of course.

What building was your rm in in PBH? How did you find the location? Is it too far from water taxi , main pool, and restaurants. Thanks for your help.

We had a deluxe poolview room overlooking the Villa Pool. We had a very nice terrace on our room. If the weather is nice, it would be perfect to sit out there (it was very hot and humid when we were there). The room was a distance from the water taxi, but it was not a problem for us.

I believe if you had a room overlooking the Beach Pool, you would be closer to the water taxi and restaurants. There may even be some deluxe rooms with a bayview. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter