What the heck? Is this allowed? The mickeystoontown gang is back in the World and together again! Updated 4/13 x 6

Hi Lisa! I'm here! I will try my best to do a better job of keeping up with this one!

Your intro photos are just plain awesome! :rotfl2:

I've never seen anything like this before in my life! Do you have a cup that I can pee in?

I woke up around 5:15 a.m. just like I would have had I been at home. Nope. Lisa, you are going back to sleep. You've got 400 miles of road ahead of you. Around 7 a.m. or so, I woke again and this time because of the traffic noise. Good Lord have mercy. It was loud. The hotel is located not far from the interstate and close to a four lane highway which also had several fast food restaurants along it. I was sure that we could hear so much noise because of the non-existent spongy rubbery thing that was supposed to be around the door. I, again, told myself to go back to sleep at least for another hour. I know! I know! I could have just gotten John up and started the drive but we were tired from driving so late into the night/morning. Remember? We didn't get to the hotel until 2 a.m. No need to be dead tired when we arrived in Disney.

We got up around 8:30 a.m., took our showers and I checked my emails quickly before I started packing the overnight bag. Once we were done, we loaded the bag and backpack into the car which was parked on the other side of the building. We could see the property better in the daylight and I could see there were several half empty (or half full depending on the way you looked at it) cases of water near the stairwell. Apparently, the workers who were working on the hotel had left them stacked there. There were two trash cans that were almost full just outside a couple of the rooms. I assumed that they were also being used by the workers. And, there was a used condom. YUCK!

I mentioned the garbage and conditions to the desk clerk and she confirmed that they were being used by the workers and they hoped they would be leaving soon because the housekeepers couldn't keep up with everything. She encouraged us to stop by the small dining area and get something for breakfast. When she said small, she meant small. It had about three or four tables and I couldn't tell you what they offered other than cereal, apples, oranges and bananas. We grabbed a couple of bananas and said we'd just eat from our snack bag until lunch time. I took the picture below to document the time that we left Crestview. It was a bit cool outside.. You'll also notice that it was telling me that we could go another 264 miles before needing a fill-up. But, I also knew that there was a gas station just across the road and the price per gallon was good so we pulled in, topped off the tank and were soon on the interstate.

100_0678.JPG

Now came one of most boring parts of the drive. We'd be finishing up the drive across the Florida panhandle. We hadn't gone maybe 30 - 40 miles and we started noticing that the tree tops were looking odd. And then the tree tops were gone. Nothing but short stubby trunks left. And then no trees! We were entering where a recent hurricane had swept through the area and it was devastating! The debris was right up next to the interstate and the work crews were steadily pushing up debris into now open fields to get it out of the way of traffic. I had never seen anything like it in my life.

We drove past a couple of rest areas that were closed and there were no gas stations open either. Everything was closed due to hurricane damage. I was about to burst. You know....burst.....pee myself. To tell y'all the truth, I was to the point where I was willing to attempt to use a cup or pull over on the side of the road and into the woods. However, there were no woods even if I could pull off the road. Finally, miles and miles and miles later, we saw a sign that said "Rest Area Bathrooms Open. No Water. No Electricity." Now wasn't that interesting? How would one use a restroom with no water? I had no clue but I had to go. And John did too by this point.

The work crews were hustling to get things cleaned up and there were bathroom maintenance workers there as well. They were standing with mops and buckets. I didn't ask 'cause I didn't want to know.

100_0679.JPG

You can't tell it but this rest area was torn up pretty badly. Everywhere you see a clump of what looks like dirt is where there had been a tree and they can started grinding the stumps. There were also two or three LARGE piles of trees, limbs, and debris pushed off to the side so that travelers could walk without tripping over them.
100_0680.JPG
It was a little after 11:30 a.m. and our bananas and a few crackers had worn off. Since we were already stopped, I opened the back of the car and pulled out the chicken salad that I had made and brought along with us. John got the chips from the snack bag as I was making the sandwiches. The temps were too cool to sit outside so we had to make due. Picnic a'la console.

100_0681.JPG

We decided to eat while I drove so that we could put a few more miles behind us. The devastation from the hurricane continued until we get allllmost to Tallahassee. It was just horrible and John and I talked about how people think they can ride out a hurricane. The area we traveled through wasn't even on the coastline and it was horrible. I can't imagine how bad it was elsewhere.

We made it across the Florida panhandle and stopped for gas before we made the turn down I-75. I absolutely hate this section of the drive. It seems so much worse than I-10 to me. People drive like idiots and fast. Really fast at times. I'm slacking on pictures y'all. John, of course, was napping so I attempted pictures of the famous "We Bare All" billboards which have been around since we first started going to Walt Disney World in 1998.

100_0683.JPG
They are dotted all along I-75. When the kids were younger, we'd divert their attention every time we'd see a sign up ahead.

100_0685.JPG

A stop was made at one of the big rest areas and then we were back on the interstate and getting ever closer to our destination. Up ahead in the distance, I see a shimmering sign. (sung to Hotel California)

100_0687.JPG

**Up Next: I see it! The Wizarding World of Kissimmee!

Last edited:
I see it! The Wizarding World of Kissimmee!

Once we saw that sign, we knew we were gettin' close. Not too much further now! It's those last 100 miles that take the longest though. Traffic becomes slower and there are more red lights and, of course, road construction zones. Finally, we were making the loop onto Hwy. 192/W. Irlo Bronson in Kissimmee. We drove past the location for the new Margaritaville Resort, and then seeing the Wizarding World of Kissimmee! Whenever we start seeing those wacky tacky buildings in Kissimmee, we know that we will be on Disney property soon!

100_0692.JPG

100_0693.JPG

100_0695.JPG

100_0696.JPG

100_0698.JPG

Y'all, those pictures are bad. The pictures that were attempted while going underneath the welcome arch on World Drive were even worse. They were so bad that I deleted them. In 2017, our trip started at All Star Music so we knew where we were going but I was still focused as traffic was pretty heavy. As we approached the entrance to the three All Star Resorts, I pulled out my identification and Magic Band. John, in the meantime, asked me if I was excited to finally be here and put the camera in my face so that he could capture my expression. I squealed and almost choked on my Altoid.

100_0697.JPG

Go Heavens man! Don't you know better? Apparently not!

We've arrived!

I found a place to park and we went into the resort to check in. In my excitement of being back on Disney property, I failed to take any pictures of the lobby. Not a single one. There were three or four families in the line in front of me so it was a little while before we were called to the desk. It seemed to take the cast member forever to pull up our reservation. She apologized and asked me to move to another computer but, then, she had to have a supervisor log her in. After what seemed like forever, we were checked in and given our room assignment.

We were in room #7730 which was in The Love Bug section of the resort. Parking was not too far from our building and we both grabbed a couple of things from the car before we went in search of the room. As is usually the case, we went the long way around when we could have taken a much shorter path. Our room was on the backside of the building and faced a wooded area with a slight view of the parking lot. Not a great view but it didn't matter to us because our room was one of those that were newly refurbished!

100_0700.JPG

100_0701.JPG

100_0699.JPG

100_0702.JPG

**Continued in next post

We've arrived!

More pictures of the room.

100_0703.JPG

IMG_7890.JPG

IMG_7891.JPG

IMG_7886.JPG

IMG_7888.JPG

100_0704.JPG

100_0706.JPG

100_0707.JPG

IMG_7897.JPG

I am not a big fan of how sterile the rooms now look and think that they could use a little more color. The look did make the room seem larger and cleaner. What I really liked was the fact that there were so many more nooks and shelves. The closet space was small though. More like the size of a locker instead of a closet.

Pictures taken, we made a couple of trips back and forth to the car and finally had it all in the room. It's at this time that I curse at myself for packing too much.

**Up next: Milkshakes? Cupcakes? Yes please!

I wish the rooms had more color too! But they really do look nice and clean. I need to get back and stay in one!

I have not been able to keep up on Trip Reports (heck even the BC/YC FAQ is hard) BUT you know I am here to read about your adventures, my friend!

I may even start up a little report of my own from my WDW this past weekend.

:woohoo:

I love the incredible, hilarious experiences that happen during your trips and your detailed, honest reporting!

Last week, as we were walking by the Electric Umbrella, your episode there came up in conversation.

Sorry about the MRI John had to go through before the trip, but it made for a very clever title. Well done!

The Love Bug section at All Star Movies is where we stay during the 8th grade class trip. Were you in the building to the right or left of the Piston Cup (with your back facing the lobby)? We are always in the building on the left.

Looking forward to reading more!

::yes::

Last edited:

Yay for arriving! We stayed in one of the renovated rooms in the Toy Story section earlier this year. I agree about the lack of color, but overall we really loved the queen sized bed, the storage, and the layout overall. And :rotfl2: :rotfl: on the picture John got of your face!

Joining in! Off to a great start so far even with the MRI detour.

Jill in CO

How did I miss the start of this? Ah - stupid work, I think! But I am here now, ready for more!

Yaaaaaaa.....I love your trip reports! Can’t read to hear all about your adventures😊

Y'all disregard my country sounding self.
Girl..I’m from Michigan and was at Columbus Zoo today. We asked for directions from a docent who said..oh, you’re from Michigan, you’ll want to see the Wolverines. We had nothing on us that said Michigan. When I asked, she said she could hear my accent. What???

We decided to eat while I drove so that we could put a few more miles behind us. The devastation from the hurricane continued until we get allllmost to Tallahassee. It was just horrible and John and I talked about how people think they can ride out a hurricane. The area we traveled through wasn't even on the coastline and it was horrible. I can't imagine how bad it was elsewhere.

We live in Panama City Beach, just west of where Hurricane Michael caused major damage. We luckily had none at our house. Even now, a year later, there are STILL damaged buildings everywhere. Most of the people that stayed for this hurricane will never stay again, that's for sure!! The stories are terrifying to hear!

Joining in!

Welcome! Welcome!

I wish the rooms had more color too! But they really do look nice and clean. I need to get back and stay in one!

Even if they had some color on the bed or something. I know that they are trying to make it easier on the housekeepers but still......

I have not been able to keep up on Trip Reports (heck even the BC/YC FAQ is hard) BUT you know I am here to read about your adventures, my friend!

Hey Dee!

I may even start up a little report of my own from my WDW this past weekend.

:woohoo:

If you start a report, let me know!

I love the incredible, hilarious experiences that happen during your trips and your detailed, honest reporting!

Last week, as we were walking by the Electric Umbrella, your episode there came up in conversation.

Oh Lordy, do I want to know how hard y'all laughed at me?

Sorry about the MRI John had to go through before the trip, but it made for a very clever title. Well done!

For the longest time, I wanted to do M-I-C-M-R-I M-O-U-S-E-E-G! but decided to just use it as a chapter title instead.

The Love Bug section at All Star Movies is where we stay during the 8th grade class trip. Were you in the building to the right or left of the Piston Cup (with your back facing the lobby)? We are always in the building on the left.

We were on the left on the backside of the building. It was quiet over there.

Looking forward to reading more!

::yes::

Yay for arriving! We stayed in one of the renovated rooms in the Toy Story section earlier this year. I agree about the lack of color, but overall we really loved the queen sized bed, the storage, and the layout overall. And :rotfl2: :rotfl: on the picture John got of your face!

We will be back at Movies in just a few weeks and I've requested a room in the Toy Story section since we've booked preferred.

That John....he will take a picture of anything.

Joining in! Off to a great start so far even with the MRI detour.

Jill in CO

Welcome Jill!

Joining in for the adventure.

Thank you so much for joining in!

Joining the fun.

Welcome! Thanks for coming onboard!

Joining in!! Sounds like a great start to your trip!

Welcome! Our trip was amazing and I can hardly wait to share all the details!

How did I miss the start of this? Ah - stupid work, I think! But I am here now, ready for more!

Hi Karin! Thanks for coming over!

You made it!! Huzzah!

The hurricane damage sounded truly devastating. How terrible!

I could not get over how devastating the damage was! It was so sad.

I'm here to read along! We were there over Thanksgiving too!

Welcome! Was this your first Thanksgiving trip?

Yaaaaaaa.....I love your trip reports! Can’t read to hear all about your adventures😊

Thank you for coming over!

Girl..I’m from Michigan and was at Columbus Zoo today. We asked for directions from a docent who said..oh, you’re from Michigan, you’ll want to see the Wolverines. We had nothing on us that said Michigan. When I asked, she said she could hear my accent. What???

That's funny! I don't even realize that I have an accent until I hear myself and then I'm like Dannnnnggggg, I am country!

I'm late but joining in. Can't wait to read along.

Not late at all! Welcome!

We live in Panama City Beach, just west of where Hurricane Michael caused major damage. We luckily had none at our house. Even now, a year later, there are STILL damaged buildings everywhere. Most of the people that stayed for this hurricane will never stay again, that's for sure!! The stories are terrifying to hear!

I know that you were so very thankful that you didn't have any damage. I simply can not imagine trying to ride our a storm such as that one. I had clients who were traveling through that same area (they live in our hometown) and I strongly advised them to gas up and take a tinkle break before hitting that stretch of the interstate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter