What to do after checking out of Aulani with a late flight home?

Mamiamjo

"M-I-C... S-E"
We're coming up on our Aulani stay and I just remembered that our flight home doesnt leave until 7:30PM.
If check out is at 11:00, what is there to do between that time and our return flight, any ideas?

When we took the NCL Pride of America Hawaiian cruise, we booked an island tour through I believe Roberts travel services. They took us to the Dole Plantation, the north shore to see the waves, we stopped for lunch at a shrimp shack, got shave ice, etc. They then dropped us off at the airport. It was a great way to spend the last day.

Denise

We stayed at Aulani. Checked our luggage with Bell Services and spent the day at the pool. The Luana room has a storage locker where we stored our clothes and toiletry kit. We showered there and then headed to the airport around 4PM for our 7:30 flight. We left a little early because we needed to return our car to Alamo which is offsite of the airport. It worked out perfectly.

The lounge for travelers at Aulani is magnificent, and it would be very easy to stay at the resort if you wanted to do that. On the other hand...If you have a car and have some other things you want to see on the island, that get away day is a perfect time to do that too. We always enjoy hiking Diamond Head and driving the northeast side of the island.

You should probably stay away from the Waikiki area otherwise your last day may be a little stressful.

We stayed at Aulani. Checked our luggage with Bell Services and spent the day at the pool. The Luana room has a storage locker where we stored our clothes and toiletry kit. We showered there and then headed to the airport around 4PM for our 7:30 flight. We left a little early because we needed to return our car to Alamo which is offsite of the airport. It worked out perfectly.

That's exactly what we did. And don't forget you can checkin and print boarding passes too.

Another vote for the lounge at Aulani. We used it a few weeks ago and it was great. One tip - get your locker early. After lunch there were several folks who needed lockers but couldn't get one because they were all taken. Also, we noticed that there was a short line for the showers as the day got later.

We always book a late evening flight home from Hawaii (usually closer to 9 or 10:00 pm) and usually just make it another resort day wherever we're staying. There are a lot of evening flights back to the mainland from Hawaii and all of the resorts offer a place to shower if you just want to hang out all day. I just pack whatever we may need in a day bag.

Just make sure to get a locker early at Aulani! All of the women's were taken, luckily my DH was able to get one. Also the shower line was a bit long, the men were zooming out of there compared to the women!

Just make sure to get a locker early at Aulani! All of the women's were taken, luckily my DH was able to get one. Also the shower line was a bit long, the men were zooming out of there compared to the women!

So true and some of the women took over the sinks and mirrors to do their hair and makeup.

From memory there were two blow dryers in the ladies change room back in April.

Do u pay for lockers?

Well I will have rental car so I can I still park for free after checking out? I can store my stuff in there and grab clothes to take shower from car

Do u pay for lockers?

Well I will have rental car so I can I still park for free after checking out? I can store my stuff in there and grab clothes to take shower from car

Yes you can still park for free, but a CM told me not to leave our luggage in the car, but with bell services. Not sure if they have had break ins or if they were just being safe. Leaving the luggage with bell services was easy and safe.

lovesthebeach said:
Yes you can still park for free, but a CM told me not to leave our luggage in the car, but with bell services. Not sure if they have had break ins or if they were just being safe. Leaving the luggage with bell services was easy and safe.

Thank you for heads up

Do u pay for lockers?

The lockers in the Luana Lounge are free. As you can see in this photo, the lockers are quite large. There was plenty of room for me to put my full sized backpack in the locker. Also, the lockers have a locking system like in-room safes; you key in a personalized code to lock and unlock the locker.

file-109.jpg

The lockers in the Luana Lounge are free. As you can see in this photo, the lockers are quite large. There was plenty of room for me to put my full sized backpack in the locker. Also, the lockers have a locking system like in-room safes; you key in a personalized code to lock and unlock the locker.

Very nice! Thank you

THANKS for posting a pic of the day locker! Looks quite spacious and I will remember to get one early! What a great feature having a lock like the in room safe!:goodvibes

I have read on different forums the warning of car thefts in Hawaii! Thanks also for that tip! I guess would be thieves know that tourists sometimes leave valuables in a rental car. I will check the luggage with the front desk!:thumbsup2

Excited about planning an Aulani trip for May!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter