What to do in COZUMEL have no idea ?

3Dbunch

Earning My Ears
Ok i have the Grand Cayman stop figured out now on to Cozumel i have 3 boys 3,7 and 12 does anyone have suggestions for our trip to Cozumel we really like the water and of course the wife wants to shop . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff

We took a taxi on our own to Chakanaab National Park. What a terrific place. Great for snorkling, swimming. There are was a Dolphin Encounter, a sea lion show, some small shops and walking paths through the Rain Forest.

Lisa,,,how long was the cab ride there? Is it close enough to rent scooters?

Hi 3Dbunch.

anyone have suggestions for our trip to Cozumel we really like the water and of course the wife wants to shop .

1) Don't DRINK the water.

2) Lock DW in your cabin.

I would say the ride was no more than 10 minutes. The cost for five in a van was $15 there and $17 back. That included tip.

We also did Chankanaab on our own. Our kids are 7, 10 & 14. They really enjoyed it! The park was clean and the beach was nice. The snorkeling was the best there out of the 3 ports. We took a taxi on our own (4 people maximum in the cars) for $10 each way. The scooters would have made me very nervous. The other traffic doesn't seem to pay very close attention to the scooters and they got very close to them. We paid $10 each to enter the park--the 7-year-old was free and then we also saw the sea lion show which was another $5 per person--again the 7-year-old was free! We got off the ship after we docked, stayed at the park until about 2:00pm, went back to the ship for a late lunch, and then after dinner, we went to Cozumel Mini-Golf which the kids really enjoyed. The pier (Punta Langosta) that Magic docks at is very close--walking distance--to alot of shopping so your wife should have alot of options ;) !!

We also went to Chankanaab Park. My dh and I went.But your kids would have a wonderful time. We didn't want to leave the place! We did a little shopping when the stores first opened. Then headed to Chankanaab. That was a good idea for us. The crowds were horrible in the afternoon from what we heard from our friends. Plus, after spending the day snorkeling, we didn't want to shop after that.
In September, it was 10.00 per car each way..and 10.00 to enter the park. The food was wonderful..but don't drink the water! That means the ice too. So we drank from cans. They had great mexican food right on the beach. You can watch the dolphins. WAlk around the beautiful grounds. You'll enjoy yourselves.

Have a wonderful time!
Laura :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad

2) Lock DW in your cabin.

Isn't that illegal sort of like putting her in the pit?!

Rae

We did the Dolphin Discovery at the park. For the price they charged and what you got to do it was a fair deal. The transportation both ways was included as well as the admission to the park.

We heard that the sea lion excursion was also very good. With that, you do get to swim with the sea lions. With the dolphins, you don't get to swim with them, but are in the water with them and get to touch/feed/play with them.

For a wealth of ideas, see the thread:

"Post Your Cozumel Questions Here".

It's a long read, but you'll be very well prepared for Cozumel once you do read it.

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter