What to do with travel trailer prior to check in

WorknFires

Live Well, Laugh Often & Love Much Can't ask for
Although I've been to WDW many times before, this will be my 1st time camping inside WDW. I expect to arrive early to mid morning with my travel trailer and since I can't check in until later, will they allow me to pull my trailer into one of the park's parkinglot? I've always gone straight to the parks and checked in later but having a 24 ft tail behind me changes the game.

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheryl :bounce:

There are two things you can do..
I would check in as soo as you get there,they may have your site open.
If not there is the lot that is just to the east of the building where you can leave your trailer and tow rig.
See if you check in you can get your resort id and hop on a bus and hit the parks...
Just my two cents...

We've usually arrived very early in the am, and our site hasn't quite been ready for us. We've parked in the lot, caught a bus to a comfort station, showered, and then hit the busses to visit resorts or tour something of the parks. The CM's have helped us get our resort tickets right away.

My thanks to you both, I had no idea there was a parking area to leave my veh. We've got AP's so we that's no problem. I don't really even have to wait for the buses since we're towing our motorcycle, we were just concerned about what to do with the trailer. Hopefully I'll get lucky and my site will be ready. Since it's all knew to me, I don't have a particular site to wait for, maybe that will make it easier to park me early ;)

I knew someone on the DIS could answer my question!

Thanks again,
Cheryl :bounce:

If you arrive early at FT Wilderness in the middle of the night can you Dry Camp in the parking lot until your check in time?

Andrew,

We arrived one night at midnight. We checked in and were issued a site. We set up camp, and you should have seen us backing into the site in the darkness with just a flashlight. Just another day in the happiest place on earth.

I don't know for sure , but I have heard that about one o'clock in the morning security checks the parking lot to make sure no one is drycamping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter