What to eat at USH?

skellinton

DIS Veteran
Best places to eat at USH? The actual park.l, any treats or meals that we should try? We know we need to try some Butterbeer, which version is best? Doing VIP tour so lunch and BF will be covered. TIA

Warning for Butterbeer lovers. When I visited in July, they ran out of BB around 3 or 4. I have no idea if that's a regular occurence, but I had one disappointed little girl (and let's be honest, mom) on my hands after I had promised a "happy hour butterbeer" lol. Lesson learned. Go early and often for BB!

I like Fish and Chips at Three Broomsticks. We went to one of the food festivals when the park was closed down for pandemic and that was by far our favorite item - went more than once.

The only food I really like at Universal is the stuff at Three Broomsticks. The fish and chips, roasted chicken, shepherds pie and sticky toffee pudding have all been very good on past visits. (I am NOT a Butterbeer person so I cannot give you recs there. It's way too sickly sweet for me and I'm a person who like sweets.)

The pizza in the Simpsons area is okay. And the Minions Cafe has some unique selections (the pulled pork grilled cheese was good the one time I had it), but it's hit or miss on whether it's even going to be open half the time or not. Most of the food in the park is nothing special, IMO.

The giant donut at Lard Lad is HORRIBLE by the way. It's absolutely a novelty item. Do not bother.

Which butterbeer? Cold, hot, slushies?
Frozen butterbeer is my fav. Especially on a hot day. As for food, USH doesn't really have anything impressive. Three Broomsticks would be my go to though. Fish and chips are pretty good, and heard some good things about a couple other things on the menu.

I agree with Three Broomsticks. It's been my go to for a while now.

There is nothing wrong with the rest of the food available, it's just not anything special. Slightly above average theme park food is the best compliment I can give.

The only exception I can note is Toadstool Cafe, but I haven't eaten there yet, so I don't know how that is.

we also go with Frozen Butterbeer.

Oh and as another poster said, the lunch you get during the VIP tour is easily the best food in the park, and probably the best in most theme parks in general.

Last edited:
Thanks all. We had Toadstool soup for breakfast (I really wanted the Toad bowl) it was pretty good. Lunch with tour was good and we.split Fish and Chips for dinner.
My husband ended up with Butterbeer with Whiskey topper. It was pretty tasty! I have a recipe for Butterbeer ice cream and now having tried the "real" thing I can confidently say it is spot on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter