What to look for in a "Knee Braces" that can be "Wrapped" instead of having to slide over my left or right foot?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
What to look for in a "Knee Braces" that can be "Wrapped" instead of having to slide over my left or right foot?

I am unable to do that.

I have been Googling a lot of different Knee Braces.

My knee falls inward sometimes.

And I have a large knee.

Any tips?

Any suggestions?

Any personal experiences that you might like to share?

What did you like or dislike about your Knee Brace?

What feature did you wish you had in hindsight about your Brace?

Thank you in advance?

Ray

While I can’t help you with the brace itself, do you mean your kneecap slides/dislocates?

If so, my knee brace has a Velcro u-shaped piece inside that helps hold my knee in place.

First, I would see what is causing the knees to fall inward. It could be that the muscles just need to be strengthened in your quads and hamstrings. If this is the case they would recommend physical therapy to strengthen those muscles and your hips.

If it is something other than muscles and they want you in a brace the doctor would recommend the brace and probably give you one. Different braces support different injuries and where the injury is. So if you buy a brace that supports the outside of the knee more than the inside but it is the inside that is the affected part, you will be doing more damage.

.......I am unable to do that.
I have been Googling a lot of different Knee Braces.
......My knee falls inward sometimes.
And I have a large knee.
.....Any tips?
Any suggestions?
.....Any personal experiences that you might like to share?
What did you like or dislike about your Knee Brace?
.....What feature did you wish you had in hindsight about your Brace?
Thank you in advance?

Ray

Trial and error resulted in having the following >>> Cho-Pat Dual Action to be very helpful FOR ME >>>

https://medi-dyne.com/products/cho-pat-dual-action-knee-strap

I finally got fitted for a custom wrap brace at my ortho doctor because I’m close to bone-on-bone, especially medically. Medicare & my supplemental ins paid for it 100%

I finally got fitted for a custom wrap brace at my ortho doctor because I’m close to bone-on-bone, especially medically. Medicare & my supplemental ins paid for it 100%

Good luck with the new braces.

I've been bone on bone right medial for years with left a wisker away all due to bowed legs. Started using the Cho-Pat 10 years ago and they did wonders during my 5K to Marathons. Early last year I had x-rays for the measurements required to perform the High Tibial Osteotomy on both legs before new knees would be installed. Just not ready for the "New Knee Recovery Down Time"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!