What to look for in a "Recliner" that can "Lift" a person to "Standup"?

Hi, my dear friend Dan.

I sure do miss our great times at Walt Disney World every December.

I truly...truly do miss those wonderful times.

Yes, I've been retired for about 2-years now.

How about you?

Well...since a majority of my colleagues were at least 20-years younger than me, we didn't keep in contact.

And all those around my age have either expired or unable to reach out. Most R.R.T.'s don't last in the high-stress clinical NICU or AICU as I did without going into another non-clinical position.

I do have one very good friend that is about to retire, and he says he was so surprised how few patients he has seen recently where he supervises and most needed there.

On the other hand, AICU's are constantly overwhelmed.

I've had a rough health year.

But that is life.

I'm using a wheelchair now.

Take care Dan.
Semi-retired. Should be finished by end of this year.

I sure do miss those December trips also. Have not done in a number of years now. last time for me was August, 2017.

Good to hear that that one department is not too busy, a good sign for sure.

Wishing you better days ahead, Ray, you so deserve them. :hug:'s Did you have a power chair at WDW, or just the scooter?

Thanks, Ray, you take care also.

I have a few suggestions, based on our experiences with Grandma, who just recently passed away.
  • Do NOT assume you don't qualify for some level of public assistance. We made that assumption for Grandma for a long time, and we were wrong. Between Medicare and Medicaid, they bought her:
    • A full hospital bed
    • A Hoyer lift
    • A motorized chair
    • And they paid for daily nurse visits, much of the home caregiving, and even meals.
  • Some professional person you deal with has access to a social worker who can give a lot of advice and assistance in getting the help you need from the numerous agencies in your location. There are amazing resources out there, but a social worker can be key to negotiating a multi-faceted system.

Hi, jbcheerchick93.

I live alone and I am worried about that. Thank you.

Thank you so much. I didn't even think about that.

My legs are short compared to my torso and I think that is why I may be having issues just trying to stand up in my old regular recliner.

I want to have the ability to stand up as high as possible.

I have lost the strength and tactile feeling of my left hand since I slipped and fell last December

Thank you,

Hi Ray,

I asked my grandparents and they got the Pride brand through their medical service (medicare and VA benefits).

This one stands further up (in my opinion) and my grandparents have both enjoyed sleeping in it, very comfortable!

Here is the link: https://www.spinlife.com/Pride-Heri...8VF5ieddO4B4KoW9tOm9yOVXKq6w_OQxoCAwEQAvD_BwE

Hope this helps you and you find something comfortable for you :hug:

Hey, Ray. I don't have any ideas for you but wanred to tale a moment and just say hello to you. Have not seen you in quite a while.

Good you're retired now. I would think you old pediatric respiratory department has sure been super busy these past few months.

Hope all is well with you. Stay safe, stay healthy.
Hi, my dear friend Dan.

I sure do miss our great times at Walt Disney World every December.

I truly...truly do miss those wonderful times.

Yes, I've been retired for about 2-years now.

How about you?

Well...since a majority of my colleagues were at least 20-years younger than me, we didn't keep in contact.

And all those around my age have either expired or unable to reach out. Most R.R.T.'s don't last in the high-stress clinical NICU or AICU as I did without going into another non-clinical position.

I do have one very good friend that is about to retire, and he says he was so surprised how few patients he has seen recently where he supervises and most needed there.

On the other hand, AICU's are constantly overwhelmed.

I've had a rough health year.

But that is life.

I'm using a wheelchair now.

Take care Dan.

Ray and Dan, did you ever see the movie "Last Vegas" anyway its about some old freinds getting toghter for one last rip to Vegas, get movie, you guys ought to plan a "last Disney" bet you two would have fun, and if it workes out good, you could keep having stuff like the 2nd annual last Disney trip

Ray and Dan, did you ever see the movie "Last Vegas" anyway its about some old freinds getting toghter for one last rip to Vegas, get movie, you guys ought to plan a "last Disney" bet you two would have fun, and if it workes out good, you could keep having stuff like the 2nd annual last Disney trip
Kind of like Grumpy Old Men, Lemmon and Matthau?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!