What type of bag/backpack that can hang on stroller?

kbuck

Mouseketeer
We leave in three weeks. I was wondering was type of bag would be best to hang on the stroller. I will be renting my stroller in the parks. My daughter is 4 so I will not have a diaper bag.

A backpack does not have a strap to hang onto the stroller. Please help!

... which is pretty wide. There is a mesh pocket on the back of the hood at MK, but it is not large enough to hold a large bag. (It's big enough to hold a couple of water bottles.)
Here are photos from Deb Will's site: http://www.wdwig.com/strol_faq.htm

You would want a bag designed to hang over a bar, or adapted to do it. Lots of folks use a bag with one long strap, and drape it over, but if you prefer a backpack, you may have to get crafty.

I have a backpack with d-rings on the shoulder straps, that are designed for hooking on keys, phone cases, etc. If you have a backpack with rings on the straps, or even a top loop, you could stick a couple of s-hooks on the stroller bar to hang it on. I don't know the diameter of the bar, but I'd say to make sure that the hooks will slip onto a 1.5 inch bar, just to be safe. (S-hooks are available in the chain section at the hardware store, or for use on wall-grid storage.) To illustrate, here is a set specially made for use on strollers, but the ones from the hardware store work just fine:
http://www.princelionheart.com/travel2.html#Stroller Cup

Those of us who have umbrella strollers have it easier for handle-hanging; it's one of the reasons why the umbrella-handle design is so great, IMO.

For the money you will spend and( time ) renting a stroller I would just get a Kolcraft umbrella stroller. they are about $15-$20. My son is 4 and he's huge and we still use it for WDW. We hang a backpack with our rain ponchos on the stroller and my DH and I each have a fanny pack for everything else. It doesn't have a shade , but I make him wear a sunhat. This stroller folds up quickly and easily to get on the railraod, bus and trams. We stroll him right on to the monorail. It's great to have your own stroller in case you want to do DD or the Boardwalk at night when the kids are tired. We also don't like to waste time at the park. We usually are the first ones in line and make a b-line for our favorite rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter