What type of cast member would you be?

I'd be the kind of castmember who gets fired in the first week for failing to keep up the pixie dust persona and telling a guest what I really think of them

Failing that, I could do meet and greets as Jabba the Hutt....

I would love to work in one of the resorts, possibly AKL or WL. I do not do well in the FL heat, AT ALL, so working in the parks probably would not be a good idea most of the year.

Maybe the front desk or concierge!

Working at WDW doing anything would be a dream job for me, i love everything about the company and being able to create magic for the guests
Specific roles I’d love: Jungle cruise skipper, streetmosphere performer, water attraction attendant (splash mountain, kali river rapids) or merchandise attendant.
Roles I’d hate: custodial, mousekeeping or food services. I could not deal with cleaning up after people, too squeamish, and i already work in food and hate it!

Off the top my head....

Want: Mousekeeping (preferably for a deluxe). Why? I don't want the park magic ruined for me and I think it'd be cool to see all the upscale hotel rooms!

Not want: Fur character. Why? It can get really hot and sweaty in there, plus I heard it's normal to get serious back pains/other injuries from wearing those suits all the time....

I'd be a cast member looking for a new job, unless I had a professional position in one of the offsite administration offices. If not, I'd be doing what I could to gain the necessary skills to obtain a real career, like going to night school to become a welder, electrician, or whatever.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind custodian. I pick up trash whenever I see it anyway.

I'd probably be real bad at guest relations.

VIP Guide. I'm willing to bet they meet some interesting people (in between a few entitled, stuck up guests). They get to share some knowledge with the guests and guide them through the parks, ensuring that they have an awesome day/trip.

Also, a skipper on the Jungle Cruise. I consider myself pretty witty and quick, so I think it'd be a great fit.

I am judicious. Although I cannot peg a character, I am open to many different opinions/backgrounds. I value content over articulation as education does not equal righteousness. Nor does decibel level (tough to judge via boards) equals correctness; always a learner.

ETA: 6'0 about 235; NFL linebacker with everything gone south.

I was a monorail pilot back in the day (late 80s, early 90s). Loved that job! I did housekeeping for a couple years in the early 90s as well (bw monorail stints). I could do that job again too, but wouldn't necessarily want to. I don't think I could do guest relations. I'm a little too opinionated for that one anymore, lol.

I'd be the kind of castmember who gets fired in the first week for failing to keep up the pixie dust persona and telling a guest what I really think of them

Failing that, I could do meet and greets as Jabba the Hutt....

That would be me too!

I have always said that the best job for me would be the guy with the shovel that walks behind the horse trolley.
main-street-vehicles-03.jpg

I was a monorail pilot back in the day (late 80s, early 90s). Loved that job! I did housekeeping for a couple years in the early 90s as well (bw monorail stints). I could do that job again too, but wouldn't necessarily want to. I don't think I could do guest relations. I'm a little too opinionated for that one anymore, lol.
@bethifoody - Thank you for being amongst a a legion of CM's who have helped the magic stay alive! :) Maybe you were my monorail pilot, or mousekeeper during one of my trips!

I re-consider my previous answer. I would work in Club Level concierge as I love to organize!! I would be an amazing person to go to for reservations and suggestions.

And then it would be.. Princess. Or as I am tall and have a dramatic British accent.. Lady Tremaine. I would be an amazing Maleficent too!

I'd like to work in corporate, marketing and/or communications. I actually applied for a marketing job a few months back, and was rejected.:guilty:

If I had to pick a park job, it would be a Photopass Photographer.

Working inside on a water ride....any will do (Pirates would be my fave though). There is a smell to an indoor water ride that just appeals to me (weird I know)
Don't want: Anything outside in the heat all day, I would melt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!