What was the biggest Disney meltdown you've witnessed?

kpearl

Officially Katie Morrison
I have yet to witness anything catastrophic (thank goodness!) during my trips to Disney, but I'm curious to see what you may have unfortunately witnessed during your visits. It doesn't have to be a child meltdown, adults can throw down some ultimate ones as well! :laughing:

I saw two women almost come to blows at the bus depot at Art of Animation after one group ducked under the ropes and cut in front of the other group.

I had a pretty epic meltdown when I was little because I just could not fathom why my parents were interfering with my plans to have Tigger come home with us and watch Winnie the Pooh cartoons on the couch with me. I feel sorry for that poor cast member who had to pry my 5 year old arms from his leg.

On my last trip, my SIL and I almost got in to a fist fight with a loon at the BBB photo area because, according to this nutbar, we had the audacity to not applaud when this crazy woman's baby was announced by the Fairy Godmother in Training/hair dresser after their makeover. How dare we be focusing on our own children lol. This woman was ranting and raving and threatening our kids that she was going to jump in front of their pictures to ruin their time like we all did to her child. I ignored her up until she made my daughter and niece cry, and then it was ON.

Me and my sister witnessed a couple screaming at each other outside the entrance of EP around park closing. We couldn't really understand what they were fighting about, but the husband screamed at the wife "OH MY GOD! COMMON SENSE JULIE!"... thanks to Julie and her husband now every time someone does or say something dumb me and my sister chime in with "COMMON SENSE JULIE!"

I had a pretty epic meltdown when I was little because I just could not fathom why my parents were interfering with my plans to have Tigger come home with us and watch Winnie the Pooh cartoons on the couch with me.

WHAT??? That sounds like a rock-solid plan to me. And your parents shut it down?

Wow.

Is there a way to file child abuse charges after the fact?

Nothing huge, but I saw a grown man sit on the concrete and pout, then throw a fit because his wife/girlfriend would not ride what he wanted or something like that. It was sad to see a 30-something year-old man act like that.

My DD (now 10) at age 3. We were at MK and were getting on the boat to take it back to WL to get on ME to go to the airport to fly home. As we were getting on the boat: 1. She had the realization that she was totally leaving WDW and 2. DH had the audacity to pick her up to set her on the boat instead of letting her walk onto the boat herself. As a result she started throwing the loudest crying screaming fit I think I have ever seen and she continued it for the ENTIRE boat ride back to WL. I was mortified. We were trapped on the boat with a screaming toddler - but worse a lot of people that were not us were trapped on the boat with OUR screaming toddler. Some wonderful lady came up to me as we were exiting the boat and said "It's okay, we've all been there and I cry when I have to leave Disneyworld too". I don't know who that lady was, but I love her.

I had an epic meltdown in line and across the park when I was like 9 or 10 because my brother put and smashed gum in my hair while we were in line for splash mountain after we had been waiting for like 90 minutes. I was more mad at first that my dad made us leave the line to head to first aid and we didn't get to ride, up until we got to first aid and they gave my dad scissors to cut the clump out of my hair. I was pretty inconsolable after he cut a big chunk out (think dramatic sobbing and refusing to leave first aid) and even when the CM at first aid gave my dad fast passes we could use wherever we wanted I was screaming "FAST PASSES WON'T MAKE MY HAIR COME BACK!" all the way back to the resort.

Now whenever one of us see a meltdown in the parks, we say that at one another and laugh.

My friend and I were sitting on a bench in Tomorrowland, enjoying smoothies, when we saw a man accidentally bump into another man with his stroller. The man who had been hit by the stroller had stopped suddenly to take a picture of something, and the man with a stroller hadn't noticed right away (his other child had asked him a question and he was looking at her) and bumped into him. It wasn't hard or anything, just a slight tap. The man with the stroller was super apologetic and obviously felt bad and and was about the go around and continue walking, but the man he had hid was not having it! He was seriously screaming and shouting at the guy and was super upset over something that really was accidental.

You could tell that the guy with the stroller was getting upset but was trying to keep his cool. A CM heard what was going on and was there after about a minute of the guy shouting at him. I felt so bad for the man's kids, having to watched their dad get screamed at.

Me and my sister witnessed a couple screaming at each other outside the entrance of EP around park closing. We couldn't really understand what they were fighting about, but the husband screamed at the wife "OH MY GOD! COMMON SENSE JULIE!"... thanks to Julie and her husband now every time someone does or say something dumb me and my sister chime in with "COMMON SENSE JULIE!"

I love and hate this at the same time.

Alas, the breakdowns are usually ME. I try to not be loud, but my face does project my feelings so...

But I work so hard to include my family in decisions, I try to make things the perfect blend of planned and spontaneous, I try to really make things nice, and *every time* they suddenly act like they had NO say in things and they get all weird.

I've finally concluded, after our most recent cruise where the above scenario happened again, that they just are incapable of comprehending a question about a vacation until they are ON the vacation. They prefer to just be told where to go and when. (I despise doing this; I hate how it must look to others and I just don't like it, but it seems to be 2 to 1 at this point) They tell me they trust me to make decisions, they trust that I'll take them into account. So I either have to just do what they are asking me to do (even though I hate it) or just have every bit of trips as "go with the flow". And we've done that before, and it doesn't turn out very well.

Anyway, I'm generally the one having the meltdown. Sad but true.

We watched a little girl nail here not-much-older sister in the face with a perfect right cross while waiting in line to meet Ariel last year. The other girl then cracked her over the head with her autograph book, and fisticuffs ensued.

Things were pretty tense after the mom finally got it under control, but my wife managed to calm the situation by asking both girls what their favorite things at the Magic Kingdom are.

On our first family trip to MK in 2006 we were sitting on a bench next to POC and my then 5 year old had a MAJOR meltdown and kicked his Mom in the shin.

Well as that's incident was taking place - who witnesses the entire meltdown? Capt. Hook if course! He was in the process of "taking a break" and heading backstage - but stopped to scold my son by bending down and shaking his hook in his face!

Well - it scared the heck out of him and refused to take any pictures with characters for the next 6 days - the only pic for the entire trip was with Piglet at CP on our last day!

I've witnessed a few, some ladies cursing loudly at each other at DL and a kid yelling "I wanna go Home" on the monorail, but my personal story involves my sister as a teenager. It was our first park day and we wanted to hit the ground running...but wait! My sister MUST go through her 3 hour shower/leg shaving routine. Well, she should've gotten up earlier, because the rest of the family just wasn't having it. This became a point of contention, with my sister finally declaring that she will just have to wear pants. In Orlando. In June.

So she did just that and she didn't speak with us for the entire ride over to MK, the walk up Main Street, through the castle and in the line for 20,000 Leagues. But, you know, something happened after that which is what I remember most about all of it. She came off the ride smiling, and laughing, and loving the day despite all the drama. The magic seeped in thankfully. The next day she got up very early to do whatever it is girls do that takes so dang long and we had an incident free trip after that.

We had a family meltdown at the Animal Kingdom Park. It was day 3 of our week long trip and it was hotter then hot out. Our day started out bad because my youngest had to use the bathroom right before we were going to board the safari. We sent the older kids on the ride and me and my husband went in search of a bathroom. We got back and of course the line was huge! We finally got through the safari and found the other kids who were now a bit grouchy from waiting around for us.

We managed to do most of the park but it was so hot! The kids were cranky we were cranky and the place was crowded. (It was the year Animal Kingdom first opened) So right in the middle of the park my husband announced we were done for the day and we left. We spent the rest of the day at the hotel pool and everyone was refreshed!

So on any vacation if things start to get tense my kids ask if it the day 3 curse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!