What was the very first restriction?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I think of all our points, only our BLT 100 point contract has any restrictions. Was it that they could not be used at Disney for any of Disney Collections? I bought them primarily to use at BLT during the times TTOTW was restricted to BLT reservation holders.

Thank you.

You are correct. The first restriction was no disney collection and cruises. Those aren't a good use of points, so really it was no great loss.

You are correct. The first restriction was no disney collection and cruises. Those aren't a good use of points, so really it was no great loss.

Thanks!

So, that’s when they began restricting who can Book Member Cruises.

The first set of resale restrictions applied to the Adventurer Collection, the Concierge Collection, and the Disney Collection.

The restrictions began March 20, 2011, but Disney did not apply these restrictions on deeds that were in the process of being reviewed by Disney for ROFR or were awaiting closing. The best way to determine if a deed is subject to the restrictions is to look at the Notice of Waiver of Right of First Refusal that Disney issued at the time of the resale transaction. If the March 2011 restrictions apply, then the Notice will include the following paragraph:

"Members purchasing their Ownership Interest in any DVC Resort from a person or entity other than directly from DVD shall not be able to use the Vacation Points associated with that Ownership Interest for reservations or stays through the Incidental Benefits known as the Adventurer Collection, Concierge Collection, or The Disney Collection. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on your ability to transfer these products, services and Incidental Benefits if you sell your Ownership Interest or based upon their continued availability."

we bought 2 resales and a 1 direct early enough to not have any restrictions.

Yes, I remember the March 2011 restrictions.

Wondering- I bought one resale contract pre March 2011 and another resale contract in 2013.

Does that mean only my first resale contract can be used for cruises and collections? Not that I’ll ever use my points this way- just curious.

Yes, I remember the March 2011 restrictions.

Wondering- I bought one resale contract pre March 2011 and another resale contract in 2013.

Does that mean only my first resale contract can be used for cruises and collections? Not that I’ll ever use my points this way- just curious.
Yes. We had bought VB resale prior to 2011 that came with banked points, and we used them for a 3 night DCL CRUISE, our very first DCL Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter