What we did with our 2 surprise extra days. SpaceX Launch Video

Jimsig

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the Oct thread and realized that not everyone looks at that.

We were supposed to check out of the Cabins Sunday the 29th but with the bad weather that was going to hit the Northeast we decided to add 2 more days to our trip. On Sunday we hung at the pool for a bit and then went to Disney Springs. We rented a car on Monday and drive out to Kennedy Space Center and watched the SpaceX Falcon 9 launch from 3.5 miles away. :)

Last edited:
Maybe one day I'll make it to a launch .... :(

I have lucked and and seen 4 launches now. First time was in Jan 2002 when we were down for a WDW trip and spending 11 nights off site . We spent a day at KSC and did a tour add-on and the woman giving the tour asked us who was going to watch the launch the next afternoon of a Titan rocket. My now DW and I looked at each other and both shook our heads up and down at each other. The next day we were going to be in Daytona anyway so we drove down and watched from Titusville on Rt 1 where it meets route 50. It was supposed to be a 430p launch but got pushed back until 730p or so so it made it a night launch which was amazing. It was such a clear night we could see the rocket for a long long time. 6 years later I was heading down to go to the NHRA drag races in Gainesville when I found out the Space Shuttle Endeavour was going to launch at 228a. I had to change my flight to a day earlier and had my friend pick me up and we headed to the Space Coast to watch from the same spot as before. Then back this past spring we were on a cruise with some friends, one was who I watched the Endeavour launch with, and the SpaceX launched the morning we arrived back at Port Canaveral, lucked out again there too as it was supposed to launch the day before but got scrubbed at the last second. We watched tha tone from the top deck of the cruise ship. The fourth was this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter