What will it take for you to visit Disney again?

For me the 14 day quarantine has to be lifted and obviously the border opening are big parts. As long as my work benefits covers us like it did before all of this then I would go.

I don't do the characters, parades or fireworks so it doesn't mean anything to me. I for one love the no FP system and hope that when they do bring it back it becomes similar to Disneyland's. You pick your FP the day you enter the park like it used to be. I would love the spreadsheet planning to be a thing of the past.

Goes without saying for us the 14 day quarantine would see us travel at home. I can’t imagine using 10 extra personal use/vacation days for an 8 day trip.
If the exchange rate stays where it is and without some kind of “Canadian deal” as offered in the past, we will wait out our return. 🙁

But more then anything else.. I won’t go while they are watering down the magic that Disney is known for. Short hours, no parades, no character interaction or character meals.. limited or cancelled experiences.. not exactly value for dollar. I understand the mitigation stuff & would go well prepared to deal with that part of it, Just not the operational stuff that makes the vacation.

For us it would have be a vaccine, good testing and treatment, or that the virus has pretty much gone away. We have people in our life who are at risk and wouldn’t want to risk exposing them. Also no quarantine requirements and health insurance would need to cover us.

Well, I’m kind of at the stage where I can take Disney or leave it. To go there, I would need reliable air travel (preferably non-stop flights to Orlando), the Canada-US border open, out-of-country medical insurance that covers Covid-19, and some sort of proven treatment or vaccine for the virus. My issue, and I sort of have an issue, is that I have a number of non-expiring tickets for myself and my late DH that I should really try to use up in the next few years. Retired, so a 14 day quarantine is not a problem, just a potential monetary expense.

Last edited:
For us ... 14 day quarantine would need to be lifted and medical coverage. I don’t think we would go if we had to wear masks.
I am considering using our DVC points at Aulani next summer instead of WDW, assuming quarantine is lifted. I feel like it may be a more relaxing vacation and instead of looking around seeing everything that is different/we are missing ... it would all be new and exciting since we have never been to Aulani.

Only thing stopping us is the closed border and the 14 day quarantine. Will go if those get lifted and it’s safe to do so by end of August/early September.
I wouldn't get your hopes up, I don't see the border opening up before the new year, as the US rates are still out of control.

Simply? When all restrictions are off and it returns to the way it was before this current virus.
At some point, people have to realize that this is a huge theme park with people from all cultures and levels of society. There has to be a bit of personal responsibility on our part. We must assume the responsibility of going to a place where such things exist and either accept the consequences of a situation like this or stay home. We can't live in a bubble forever, or until the next "big" virus comes along.

Having travel insurance would be first for us, then having to figure out how to work the 14 day mandatory quarantine in to our time off.
I think I would be ok with having to wear a mask in Disneyland but not sure about being in the parks all day at World with a mask and humidity.
We currently have two trips planned for Land (Late October and Mid December) I am holding out hope but these will both prob be cancelled early fall and rescheduled for one longer trip next winter.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, I don't see the border opening up before the new year, as the US rates are still out of control.
Oh, my hopes aren’t up. I realize it’s extremely unlikely that we will get to go this year. But at this point, we don’t need to know until mid July (when our offsite condo balance is due), so we may as well hang on to it on the off chance. But yeah, I’m not feeling very confident.

I need the park to be open! And somewhere to cool off incase one of the kids get too hot!
I wear a mask daily for work. Social distancing is a new way of life that we all need to get use to.
Food options are great as I do not want to bring food into the parks.

I wear a mask daily for work.
I to wear a mask at work and that is why it is a non starter for me. I hate wearing them all day for work (I understand the need and not complaining about having to wear it, just hate wearing it lol). there is NO way I am wearing a mask 12 hrs a day in 95 to 100 degree heat, smearing honey on myself and laying on an anthill sounds more enjoyable.

At first, DW and I were thinking of going in January 2021, then after a month of watching, when things didn't get a lot better, we decided on early March and in fact had booked our Aeroplan flights already. Why not? Lots of availability and lower than usual fees for our route. Then Disney announced the cancelling of all reservations, fast passes and dining reservations. But it was when they said they were cancelling all the free dining and that there would be no dining plans until October 2021, that I got the message that things were not going to change anytime soon. We don't do the dining plan but it's one of Disney's most popular add-ons, so for them to drop that suggests that there are very long term changes in store for the resort. So, I cancelled our March flights.

What would it take for us to go back? Really, it'll just be a feeling that we'd get reasonable value for our investment of time and money. We do like the shows, parades, and performances, though we usually don't fuss much over fireworks. Park hopping is in our DNA with dining at Epcot our usual dinner while there, so we'd need that. Normal length park hours and evening EMH would be needed as we enjoy those. DW and I are now in our 60's so we'd need to be careful but would be ok if the other park guests were also careful about wearing their masks, etc. At present, we'll probably not be going in 2021 and if there is going to be a vaccine it should be available by early 2022 when we'd be considering going back.

I have DVC rentals booked for December. I really don’t mind wearing masks during that time of the year. Always wanted to celebrate Christmas at WDW and finally bit the bullet but now this COVID mess! I have flights booked using AM. I don’t mind not having a full Disney experience. I would go if there’s no quarantine after the trip and there’s medical insurance coverage. I just emailed David’s to see what options I would have if the aforementioned conditions still exist in December. My tickets will expire in September 2021 and I can’t even use them if I am able to reschedule for Christmas in 2021 for FP booking if everything gets back to pre-COVID state. Keeping my fingers crossed and staying hopeful!

We are still hopeful for a trip sometime next year. The 14 day quarantine upon return would need to be lifted for us to travel. We can afford to travel...not to travel and quarantine.

The masks are not a problem for us, as we are not planning on going when it's hotter than satan's armpit in Florida. The only thing I would love our family to partake in would be the firework...but if they are not available yet....then that will give us another excuse to visit again ;)

With all of the chaos going on in the US with the virus and now the rioting...it is going to take them YEARS, to recover from this. Disney is going to look different for awhile, but it will return with it's " magic " I'm hopeful that this " reset " that they are having to do....it might be an easier holiday and not such a time dictated spreadsheet demaded holiday. I don't like to " holiday " like that...and that's what I loved about Universal. As much as I love Disney...the planning sucks some of the magic out of the vacation.

We are still hopeful for a trip sometime next year. The 14 day quarantine upon return would need to be lifted for us to travel. We can afford to travel...not to travel and quarantine.

So I hadn't even considered this, and maybe I've missed it here, but my chiropractor was telling me yesterday that the US is also requiring a 2 week quarantine upon ENTERING the US, before anyone can do any vacationing. I had a look at the CDC website and it looks like it's true.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html
I can handle quarantining for 2 weeks when coming home, but not when entering the US, before our vacation has even begun. *sigh* I had so hoped we could do a trip in February, but it's looking like it's going to be a very long haul until things are back to any kind of normal when it comes to travelling internationally.

I can handle quarantining for 2 weeks when coming home, but not when entering the US, before our vacation has even begun. *sigh* I had so hoped we could do a trip in February, but it's looking like it's going to be a very long haul until things are back to any kind of normal when it comes to travelling internationally.
Yup...that could very well be!!!! Right now Florida is asking anyone visiting from NY state and One other state that I'm having a total brain fart on ...they have to quarantine before they can go visit anywhere.

Right now...the US doesn't have to worry about other countries bringing the virus in, because basically most boarders are closed. But if places that rely on tourism like Florida...people won't be able to afford to quarantine first, then tour around. Their tourism will die if they require that first. Most people won't be able to do that in order to travel.

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out!!!! How will our country handle this as well? Do we want Americans ( where the numbers of infected are mind boggling ) coming in and infecting us? What about countries that are heavily reliant on tourism like Mexico and the Caribbean and many other countries? Will we as a world as a whole see this " virus " as the influenza virus? I'm not very hopeful for a vaccine, since they have not found a vaccine yet for other covid viruses ( aids, mears, sars, H1N1 ) It will be interesting to see how all of this will play out in the next coming time.

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out!!!! How will our country handle this as well? Do we want Americans ( where the numbers of infected are mind boggling ) coming in and infecting us? What about countries that are heavily reliant on tourism like Mexico and the Caribbean and many other countries? Will we as a world as a whole see this " virus " as the influenza virus? I'm not very hopeful for a vaccine, since they have not found a vaccine yet for other covid viruses ( aids, mears, sars, H1N1 ) It will be interesting to see how all of this will play out in the next coming time.

Some Caribbean countries have already started to open, and some have plans in place. Mexico was June 1st I believe. https://www.afar.com/magazine/first-caribbean-islands-to-reopen-for-tourism-in-june if the link works :) an article on how some countries in the south are starting to open or plan to soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!