What will my kid not be able to ride at Universal?

BWCSH

Once and Future Disney Tourist
When I went to Universal, their only ride was that tram ride where Jaws attacked you, lol! I hear the park has changed a little in the ensuing 40 years! :P My son is 6' 1" (and growing) and weighs 290. I hear the groans now...yeah, is there anything he's actually going to be able to ride at Universal? He's lost weight recently...and is still losing...so maybe it won't be such an issue next fall when he's actually there. BUT...I want to prepare him. Do they have mock-ups where he can make sure he fits before waiting in line? Are there any rides that your family had trouble with? (I obviously haven't gotten around to picking up a guide for Universal yet...it just doesn't capture my interest the way Disney does!) TIA!

Forbidden Journey has seats you can try out at the start of the line. That's the worst one, they are constantly turning people away due to size. He won't be able to ride Hippogriff, but I don't think he'll have a problem with much else. My FIL is about that size and can ride most things (he's never tried FJ because he's afraid to be turned away).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!