What would you do? Re: Parade & Wishes

msr709

DISfan forever
We're going 8/29 to 9/5 and I just read on another thread that they might not be showing neither the Spectromagic or Wishes while we are there except maybe on the day we arrive which is a Sunday, we leave the next Sunday and I was hoping that the Saturday before we left we'd be able to see these 2 things. The first day of vacation I usually like to take to explore the hotel and maybe hit EPCOT with an Specialty Cruise (I was going to surprise our party) but now if the day we arrive is the only day we can actually see Spectromagic and Wishes I think we should try to see that. I've seen both but the whole rest of our party is the first time at WDW and I wanted them to see these two things, specially the kids (4yo and 7yo). What do you all think? Should we go for the Specialty Cruise and miss Spectromagic & Wishes or go and try to get into MK? (We'd also be using a day of our park hoppers on 1/2 a day?):(

I'd hate to use your tickets for just an evening event but if you could do an afternoon at MK and see Spectromagic and Wishes I would do that.

We just returned on 2/22 and my 8 year old really enjoyed Spectro and Wishes. Wishes envolked very special feelings for me as I held my son in my lap and we talked softly about the special effects of Wishes on the castle, etc.

I haven't done a specialty cruise so I can't comment on that.

Have a wonderful trip.

Another vote for the tough call! Wishes and Spectromagic are not to be missed. However, Wishes is usually shown every night. So, your family won't know what they are missing if they don't catch Spectro. Maybe you don't even have to tell them about it... ;)

Marie

Originally posted by mmeb144
So, your family won't know what they are missing if they don't catch Spectro. Maybe you don't even have to tell them about it... ;)

Marie

::yes:: LOL, maybe I'll have to do just that! I really want them to see both things but if they aren't showing it . . ..If they are going to show Wishes every night then I'd settle for just Wishes but according to the schedules they are closing MK at 6:00 so I doubt there will be any Wishes, its too early, right?

Originally posted by msr709
... according to the schedules they are closing MK at 6:00 so I doubt there will be any Wishes, its too early, right?
Depends on how dark it is. You're coming over Labor Day weekend, so it's likely that Wishes will, indeed, happen, as long as it's dusky enough.

:earsboy:

Originally posted by msr709
according to the schedules they are closing MK at 6:00 so I doubt there will be any Wishes, its too early, right?
just wondering where you found schedules this far out? I can only find up to May. :confused:

I wondered the same thing ----- schedules aren't out that far in advance.

I agree with the other posters...it's a bit early for hours. If you are basing it on last year's, remember Labor Day was on Sept. 1st, and the crowds die down dramatically after Labor Day.

If I were you, I'd plan to book my cruise on arrival day. At 90 days out, you'll be lucky if the hours are actually posted. And even if they are, they change so often, it's maddening. I'd wait until the last possible time where you can cancel your cruise to see if Wishes and Spectro are showing on another night. Chances are, they will be.

Isn't planning for a WDW vacation fun???:crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter