What would you do?

jaw62901

Mouseketeer
Current set up is as follows (no deposits have been paid yet).

Dec 26 to Dec 30 CBR and Dec 30 to Jan 3 AKL savannah view.

However, with my savings from my cheap airfare I was able to find, I was looking at Disney Resorts and noticed that I could stay at a standard room at Disney's Contemporary Resort with the airfare savings. I plan on getting eithe a length of stay type theme park ticket or an AP.

Is it worth it to upgrade from CBR and AKL to CR. What is the resort like.

IT all depends on your view of the Contemporary. I think the AKL is miles ahead of the CR. The only thing I really like about the CR is it's location and the monorail running through it. I like the combanation of resorts you have currently booked and think you should keep them but if you really like the Contemporary and want to switch you should do so.

I'd leave it the way it is. Being that close to the Magic Kingdom and not going in would just be too hard for me!!

I love the Contemporary, but I would only stay in the tower. Even in the garden wings though you can't beat the location for the MK.

Since you were planning on splitting your stay originally - why not split the stay with one resort and the Contemporary? What ever days you plan on going to MK the most book for the Contemp.

I like Animal Kingdom Lodge very much as well, but liked it as a place to relax and not worry so much about the themeparks. Its been 12 years since I stayed at CBR so I can't offer much help there.

AKL to CR would not be an upgrade - a lateral at best. With Savanah view it would be a downgrade in my opinion unless you really love MK and you went with a Tower Room on the MK side.

The great thing about CR is being close to MK - that is why I am taking DS there for 3 nights of our trip - easy accessibility.

As for a single person, I would go EPCOT resorts all the way and probably Boardwalk - tons to do, central and close to MGM Studios (which I think is the park most themed for adults) and DTD

Thanks
Jason

Hi Jason,

Well, December may be fairly cool so you may not be using the pool too much at CBR.

I would go with CR - because you are on the monorail and it would save you some time for Epcot & MK... also to stop in and visit or eat at the other monorail resorts and see the christmas decorations at each resort..... very handy from CR.

DOn't forget it is a VERY busy time of year... the buses from CBR will be crowded to the parks there and back.. monorail is sooo much better.

Good luck deciding... have fun planning your trip

>>^..^<<

Although I have never stayed at the Contemporary, I have stayed at AKL and I WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING!!!! AKL is our new favorite resort and we will never, ever stay anywhere else :p

My opinion is that anything you can move up to a deluxe, do it!:D

As far as whether to go with the Contemporary or AKL...I know a lot of people swear by AKL, but it really doesn't interest us at all. It's strange because AK is our 2nd favorite park! I just don't want the AK 24 hrs a day I guess.

Especially for the time of year you're going, I'd go with the Contemporary all the way. As crowded as it will be until after the 1st, transportation would be my #1 priority!

Then again, if you like the AKL, why not break up your stay between the CR and AKL? You could do CR for the first part of your trip and AKL for the latter part when the crowds tend to thin out a bit.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter