What would you do?

ahen

Mouseketeer
So we recently closed on a new contract at VGF which basically has no points till 2019. However it has 2 2017 points and 2 2018 points.I don't really want to lose these points, so here's my question. I know I can't bank them darn it, just missed it for the 2018 points, but we have a stay already booked for next month. Would you call member services and get them to transfer the points to that stay? Try to put them up for sale? The 2018 points I can see using in the next year so I am not really sweating those, but I really don't want to lose the stupid 2 points from 2017.

Kind of what I thought. At least I didn't pay any membership fees for 2018 on these points.

You may be able to switch them into your current reservation, depending on when it was booked and what the home resort is.

I would definitely look into buying some one-time use points and plan an extra trip or something like that! I would totally be that person who plans an unexpected trip to avoid losing those points. Even though the unexpected trip would probably cost me a few hundred more dollars. I would rather do that than loose my 4 points! Because, that's logical...right? Anything to get in an extra trip to WDW works for me! :)

I had 2 points left over on my recent resale purchase. The hardest part was looking at them on my dashboard until my new UY rolled around this month. :)

I should have inquired here too. I didn't think of adding one-time use points to add a day to a reservation. Totally could have done that. haha!

You can transfer your 2018 points. Someone might be willing to pay $15pp.

Alas, you cannot transfer banked points.

What would *I* do? I would not use a potential $30 loss as justification for a $1000+ expenditure.

The 2019 points can be borrowed and combined with the two 2018 points. Assuming a trip during the 2018 Use Year is in the cards. But I think it's foolish to structure a trip around the 2017 points, specifically to avoid losing them. They're gone, and it's no great loss.

So we recently closed on a new contract at VGF which basically has no points till 2019. However it has 2 2017 points and 2 2018 points.I don't really want to lose these points, so here's my question. I know I can't bank them darn it, just missed it for the 2018 points, but we have a stay already booked for next month. Would you call member services and get them to transfer the points to that stay? Try to put them up for sale? The 2018 points I can see using in the next year so I am not really sweating those, but I really don't want to lose the stupid 2 points from 2017.
Call MS and see if they can help. They may be able to sub them into that reservation though it doesn't help much unless you can bank them. They likely will transfer banked/borrowed points in this situation, they have before for multiple masters of a single contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!