Whats a good perk you have

at yuor job ?

aside from Pay and Medical and the things we all seek

I could just stop and chat with people, find out whats going on in there life and thats considered real good by my boss
All of July and August off, plus at least one day off per month, many months more, Sept-June(usually no days in March, unless a Good Friday is in March).
Out by 3:15 every day.
Get to spend my days with some pretty fantastic second graders-they make me laugh every day, and seeing them grow and learn is pretty great.

Flexibility, which is why I've stayed at my job for so long despite an hour commute each way (wish I got my gas paid!!). If I need to come in late or leave early for anything, it's no big deal and the time doesn't need to be made up.

Wow, feeling like I am getting short changed.
We just got a new coffee machine at work with a touch screen. 2 brands of coffee, lattes, mochas, espresso, hot chocolate, milk, chocolate or vanilla add ins.
All free.
No helping my blood pressure or my blood sugar, but tasty.

We have that too! I try not to have anything from it very often. I like that we can dress casually as long as we follow certain guidelines unless we are told a perspective client is coming to look nice. Also our vacation time is wonderful. We accrue with every pay a certain number of hours that if you have been working a certain amount of years totals 20 something days plus 4 additional floating days. We also get paid up to 3 days for bereavement and Jury Duty.

I get my birthday off as an additional paid holiday. It can be taken any time of the year.

And I suspect many here get this perk too: Ability to read/post on the DIS on company time.

The company I work for is gearing up to shut down, the boss just can't make up his mind when he wants to pull the trigger so I have no benefits right now, not even health insurance. This year my time was cut from full time salaried to 40 hours a month hourly. I work some from home but go into the office two days a week for about 5 hours each day. Before he decided he was done and we had employees other than me and him, we had health insurance, 401K, long term disability and life insurance. I was pretty much allowed to set my on schedule as long as my work got done and I covered the girl who was supposed to be the receptionist. I'm the bookkeeper, I used to joke and say I'd be the one to lock the doors when the company closed and I wasn't far off. I've worked there 28 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter