What's Cooking - The Recipe Exchange

Jenn

Clue phone! :sad2:

We've got a chicken a waffle place here in Boston now.
It's called the Hen House - and it's yummy!

Ummm.... Really???

I honestly cannot tell you the last time I was in Boston... When we want to go out to eat we go to Federal Hill in Providence... sorry... :sad2:

I know, Jenn, It's so not a New England thing, is it?! I went to college in PA and they had chicken & waffles all over the place. bleh.

It just doesn't sound good to me... but hey, to each their own...

Robs version sounds good because the waffles wouldnt be sweet... with breakfast waffles - they are sweet especially with syrup... I dunno... :confused:

Ummm.... Really???

I honestly cannot tell you the last time I was in Boston... When we want to go out to eat we go to Federal Hill in Providence... sorry... :sad2:
Rhode Island! :eek:
But but :sad1: they're the hold out in NE for gay marriage.
How could you Jenn?:sad2:

Piddly little RI. :sad2:

Okay, the funniest thing I've heard today is that you think I could possibly use photoshop well enough to fake that picture! :laughing:

Actually, THAT'S the funniest thing I've heard today! :rotfl2:

Jeez... Rob... it's only 1:36 p.m. Are you sure you are ready to pick a funnest moment of the day? :confused3

Shouldn't you, like, um, maybe, errr, wait until you got home and uhh... well, ah, never mind! :cool2:

Rhode Island! :eek:
But but :sad1: they're the hold out in NE for gay marriage.
How could you Jenn?:sad2:

Piddly little RI. :sad2:

I live on the MA/RI border... thats how... so sorry... I will add a little more to my next HRC donation to make up for my sin...

Jeez... Rob... it's only 1:36 p.m. Are you sure you are ready to pick a funnest moment of the day? :confused3

Shouldn't you, like, um, maybe, errr, wait until you got home and uhh... well, ah, never mind! :cool2:

Why? Are you going to call me from the clue phone when I get home? You'd have to answer it first, wouldn't you?

:lmao:

cluephone.gif

Answer that damn Phone Jenn!

Obviously!

And something tells me it's been a LONG time since you picked up the clue phone. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2:

Not at all. I just don't think you have any extra clues to give (can't go around taking candy from a baby)... :laughing:

Okay, here's an experiment that went really well. It's a variation on one of Scott's favorite dishes: French Onion Soup.

Rob's French Onion Risotto

Ingredients:
1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Cans of Campbell’s condensed French Onion Soup
2 Cans full of water (to re-constitute the soup)
1 Cup of Arborio rice
.5 Cup of shredded gruyere (or Swiss cheese blend)
Salt & Pepper

First, in a large measuring cup or mixing bowl, combine the condensed soup and the water, and stir together.

Pour the oil into the bottom of a large sauce pan turn the heat up to high. When the oil is hot, add the rice. Stir vigorously for two minutes with a wooden spoon (the rice should just be starting to brown). When the rice is just beginning to get some color, add two ladles of the soup, and turn the heat to medium high. Keep stirring consistantly as the rice absorbs the broth. Once the broth has been absorbed by the rice, add another ladle of the soup and keep stirring. Continue to stir and add additional soup every time it gets absorbed by the rice. After the about six ladles full of broth have been added, check the texture of the rice. It should be soft like any cooked rice, but not mushy. If it's not done, continue to ladle more soup into the risotto and stir it in.

Yes, it's a lot of stirring! My brother, the chef, says that once you start a risotto, you're married to it until it's done.

Once the rice has reached the desired texture, add the shredded swiss cheese, stir in completely and remove the risotto from the heat.

Let it sit for about five minutes.

We paired the risotto with two nice thick rib-eye steaks, steamed green beans dressed with olive oil and garlic pepper, and we opened up a bottle of our favorite chianti (the one we discovered when we were in Florence, natch) It was all very good. But I'm pretty sure that we would both have been happy with just a big plate of the risotto.

Now, I've got a request.

A while back Rosie mentioned making banana brownies.

Can you please share that one with us! It sounds delish!

Okay, here's an experiment that went really well. It's a variation on one of Scott's favorite dishes: French Onion Soup.

Hmmm Love Risotto and French Onion soup, gonna have to try this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter