What's on your dinner menu this week?

Last week we went shopping to just fill the pantry. We made no actual decisions on dinners. But, this morning, we started buffalo chicken chili in the crockpot.

Bluegills are a family favorite - we haven't had them for several years now. Did you catch them or buy them somewhere?

We are having chicken burgers, salmon, and turkey meatloaf this week.
No, DH catches them. They were swimming a few hours before we ate them. LOL I honestly didn't even know you could buy bluegills in the store. We have a freezer full of Lake Erie walleye we're slowly eating down, too.

Chicken Sandwiches and Fries
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn
Tacos
Parmesan Crusted Turkey Cutlets w/lemon (Skinnytaste), Creamy Lemon Orzo, cauliflower
Chicken Piccata served over pasta and broccoli

No, DH catches them. They were swimming a few hours before we ate them. LOL I honestly didn't even know you could buy bluegills in the store. We have a freezer full of Lake Erie walleye we're slowly eating down, too.

I was hoping you bought them in the store so you could tell me where! How nice your DH catches them!

That took me aback. I remember back in the 1970s when, due to water pollution of the Lakes, it was recommended only eating one Lake Erie fish a year!

Last night I made a jambalaya-like soup, using chicken and chicken andouille. Guess what? It's too spicy for us to eat! I didn't even use a ton of spice in it- I think it was the andouille. That was supposed to last for a couple of suppers and a lunch or two, but that's not gonna happen, so it's back to the drawing board. We are going to a SuperBowl party for mug club members are the local taproom on Sunday, so I'll cook up some rice and throw it in a crockpot with the soup... the guys will eat it up, they LOVE spicy food. In fact, I'll probably bring some hot sauce with me as I know several of them will want to kick it up a notch.

Sunday/last night we used our back-up plan- frozen pizza.
Monday night- quiche made with ham, leeks, red chard, and cheese
Tuesday night- leftover pork loin from last week. Did one with a chutney sauce and one with a mustard/mayo/garlic sauce (I didn't realize it was a 2-pack). There's also spetzle and sautéed cabbage/onions/apples left to go with these.
Wednesday- Steak tips that I just bought
Thursday, Friday- leftover quiche and leftover steak tips, depending on what's left after taking stuff for lunches this week.
For veggies we'll have salad- it's our standby- or frozen broccoli.

Wow, I'm sort of envious of ya'll. I don't even know what we are having for supper tonight, pretty sure we are going to have something (although it might be what we call on our own night in which case I'll probably have cheetos and grapes). When I was little Daddy only got paid once a month so my parents would shop for the entire month and Mama would pretty much know what she was making out of most of it but even she didn't plan a weekly menu. In our house it's usually near supper time and hubbie and I will look at each other and ask what we want. We do usually have all the stuff in the house to cook most of what we will eat and buy groceries about every 2 weeks.

Last night I made a chicken marsala dish. It was the Campbell's skillet marsala sauce, but to stretch it out and hopefully reduce the sodium per serving, I sauteed some baby bellas and shallots, browned diced chicken and added peas to the sauce, then mixed it up with a pound of farfalle. I ate some last night and will be able to eat it at least twice more, then I leave for vacation, so there I am for the week!

Wow, I'm sort of envious of ya'll. I don't even know what we are having for supper tonight, pretty sure we are going to have something (although it might be what we call on our own night in which case I'll probably have cheetos and grapes).

DH and I both work full time in academia, and he does research also, so there are many nights when we don't even get home until 7:30. I try to cook a couple of things on the weekends so that weeknight dinners are quick (just heat them up in the microwave). If we aren't prepared, dinner tends to be cheese and crackers, ramen noodle soup and crackers, or Kraft dinner- or we get a pizza in town. My metabolism can't handle the carbs (nor my gastric sleeve) so I really, really try to have stuff ready for dinner ahead of time (aka, LEFTOVERS!!)

Black bean tacos
Stroganoff
Wild rice hotdish
kielbasa and potatoes
pasta bake

All of the above served with a bunch of roasted veg (I have fresh: cauliflower, brussels, broccoli, red onions, mushrooms, carrots, to use up)

Black bean tacos
Stroganoff
Wild rice hotdish
kielbasa and potatoes
pasta bake

All of the above served with a bunch of roasted veg (I have fresh: cauliflower, brussels, broccoli, red onions, mushrooms, carrots, to use up)
I haven't made a hotdish in a while...hmmm, maybe I'll make my once a winter tater tot hotdish. LOL

Tentative menu (I always start off with a great plan, then by Friday it's PBJ on tortillas because we're out of bread).

Grilled chicken breasts with avacado salsa
personal pizzas with some sort of gluten free crust
Gumbo with cauliflower rice
Taco casserole
Stuffed chicken breasts with spinach and artichokes

I have chicken breast thawing out right now but not yet a clue what to do with it... Maybe some kind of casserole or something! And I have no other solid meal plans for the week yet, but getting some ideas from this thread.

I made vegetable beef barley soup last night while half paying attention to the Grammys. Just have to reheat it tonight,

I also cut up and partially cooked some chicken breasts until no longer pink. I'm thinking of making a recipe I saw online. French Onion Chicken. Caramelize some onions. Mix with the chicken. Place in baking dish. Cut some french bread into slices, drizzle with olive oil and top with shredded gruyere cheese. Put on top of chicken/onions and bake.

I bought an eggplant this weekend. Either parm or rolatini is likely.

That's about all the plans I have for the week so far.

Wow, I'm sort of envious of ya'll. I don't even know what we are having for supper tonight, pretty sure we are going to have something (although it might be what we call on our own night in which case I'll probably have cheetos and grapes). When I was little Daddy only got paid once a month so my parents would shop for the entire month and Mama would pretty much know what she was making out of most of it but even she didn't plan a weekly menu. In our house it's usually near supper time and hubbie and I will look at each other and ask what we want. We do usually have all the stuff in the house to cook most of what we will eat and buy groceries about every 2 weeks.
I cheated. The chicken sandwiches will be tonight but the rest was from last week. I only ever have a loose plan based off what we did the week before so we don’t have repeats.

Bacon cheeseburgers (no bun) with sweet potato fries tonight

We have leftover spiral ham for another night this week and the rest will go in the freezer.

Beyond that, I’m not sure but probably breakfast one night.

This time of year, it's ice fishing. :)
My DH’s Aunt did the countdown and has been posting about her ice fishing trip (they’re in MN) all week. As a city slicker who lives in the desert I’m having a hard time finding the appeal. 😂
Tentative menu (I always start off with a great plan, then by Friday it's PBJ on tortillas because we're out of bread).

Grilled chicken breasts with avacado salsa
personal pizzas with some sort of gluten free crust
Gumbo with cauliflower rice
Taco casserole
Stuffed chicken breasts with spinach and artichokes
Ooh, do you have a recipe for the Stuffed Chicken Breast? My family would be all over that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter