What's on your dinner menu this week?

Nashville hot chicken sandwiches, Kung Pao chicken, pot roast, pulled pork sandwiches, cheesy beef casserole, lemon-thyme marinated chicken thighs.

Taco Bar at work luncheon tomorrow. I kinda forgot to make any plans for the week. So tonight will likely be Spaghetti.

Nashville hot chicken sandwiches, Kung Pao chicken, pot roast, pulled pork sandwiches, cheesy beef casserole, lemon-thyme marinated chicken thighs.
I actually had leftover Kung Pao chicken "spaghetti" for lunch today. We usually have stir fry but I wanted to do something different so made Kung Pao chicken and served it mixed with edamame noodles. (Low carb so not actually spaghetti noodles.)

Tonight- Shrimp, chicken, and roast pork fried rice w/ broccoli, carrots, and pea pods added so it can be a one pot meal.
Tues- short ribs, matzoh balls and egg noodle soup w/ carrots, peas and spinach as veggies.
Wed- Zuni style roast chicken (so easy!) with veggie style fried rice.
Thur- Ratatouille (straight from the freezer and the last of the batch made over the summer; sniffles) omelet. Green salad.
Friday- Probably a bean soup as usual from the freezer. I like to cook certain dishes in bulk.
Sat- Pasta w/ sausage ragu and a green salad.
D/K about Sunday yet.

The only thing I currently have planned is a delicious cauliflower leek soup that I make. That will last me several meals. I'll definitely have cheese, crackers, and salami for a couple meals as well.

The only thing I currently have planned is a delicious cauliflower leek soup that I make. That will last me several meals. I'll definitely have cheese, crackers, and salami for a couple meals as well.

Trying out a new recipe for this I think on Wednesday. Kind of thinking I might roast a head of garlic and add that like I do when I make potato leek to pump up the flavor.

Trying out a new recipe for this I think on Wednesday. Kind of thinking I might roast a head of garlic and add that like I do when I make potato leek to pump up the flavor.

That sounds delicious. The recipe I'm using does call for garlic, but that sounds even better.

That sounds delicious. The recipe I'm using does call for garlic, but that sounds even better.

Good to know. I could never make an enjoyable pot of potato soup until using the roasted garlic. It was way too bland without. Now it's a hit.

I'm making our menu/grocery list for the week and I'm coming up with all the same stuff and would like some inspiration. :)

What's on your dinner menu?

last night: Burritos (ground beef, black bean, lettuce, cheese, salsa)

tonight: chicken/mozzarella sausage with fire roasted tomatoes, peppers and onion over spaghetti, homemade French bread, veggies

Tuesday: hamburgers (Impossible burgers for DH, ground beef for me and DS), mac n cheese, veggies

Wed: battered/fried Tilapia, fries, veggies

Thurs: Butter chicken, rice, veggies (naan if I make it to the store)

Fri: hot dogs, chips, veggies

Sat/Sun: Beef stew, homemade bread and Breakfast (eggs, bacon, waffles, veggie hash browns)

My dd(24) has decided that she wants to do all my shopping and begs to sit down with me to make our menu. Absolutely!!
Since both my dd's left at home or over 21 they each get to pick as many recipes they want to cook for the month. Usually it's just three apiece. Well, the 21 yr old sticks to just three and my 24 yr old throws in as many as she can.
This week is: broccoli beef, homemade sloppy joes, roasted chicken(one my dd is doing), breakfast for supper( biscuits and gravy), loaded baked potatoes, and for friday(two of us don't eat meat on fridays)we are having any left overs and roasted vegies.

What's hotdish?

Scratch the quiche for tonight; the crust I was planning on using has been in the freezer too long. Yes, I was cheating and using frozen crust. I make killer pie crust but my goal right now is to "eat the freezer." Too much stuff in there, and think of the money I'll save (hahaha, $2.39 for chard, $2.49 for ham, $2.29 for leeks to use up a frozen crust, 6 eggs, some milk, and odds and ends of cheese). I don't want to mess up the kitchen making crust as I haven't finished prepping for tomorrow's lecture. Oh well, leftover pork tonight, quiche tomorrow!

Tonight is baked chicken and green beans
Other choices for the week..
loaded baked potatoes
chef salad
salmon and quinoa
leftovers

For those of you wondering about ice fishing, here is a comedic take on it.

http://manitowocminute.com/ (go to First Time Ice Fisher) I love they caught the ice singing in the video! This is like my DH and I ice fishing together...guess who's who. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

For those of you wondering about ice fishing, here is a comedic take on it.

http://manitowocminute.com/ (go to First Time Ice Fisher) I love they caught the ice singing in the video! This is like my DH and I ice fishing together...guess who's who. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
The photos DH’s aunt posted there are PILES of snow. I just…no. 😂 Thank goodness he loves me despite my aversion to anything “outdoorsy.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter