• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the best rate seen at CR?

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
Still trying to decide which resort for December and thought a tower room at CR would be awesome.
What's the best rate you've seen for early December for a tower room? We plan on getting APs.
TIA!
Erin

Sorry to jump in on your post, but I too am interested in hearing the best prices people have gotten at CR. I am also interested in best prices on garden wing rooms. (not including SOG prices, since we don't qualify anyway).

Thanks!

BTW, we're planning on Sept/Oct 2003

In 2001 and early 2002 there were rates of $199 for a tower room with an AP. We booked a night in the tower and then changed our minds. We booked garden view wing rooms for $154 a night with an AP. (rates are before tax)

Hope this helps-

I just got $119 per night plus tax for 3/2003 using a code from mousesavers web site (thank you very much). March is peak season & December before the Christmas week should be at affordable off season rates, hopefully some special codes will be available for you then.

I have seen Tower rooms in the low 200's and even the high 100's. This was during the value season. Hope this helps!!!:)

Mom of 5.....what dates were those rates for?
Value or regular season? I was wondering what % the discount was?
Garden Wing rack rate during value season this year is $239. Depending on availability and % off........for example at 40% off it would be $143 + tax = $159.
That would be great if it's available!:)

Tower rack rate for value season is $335.......40% discount (which seems to be the going discount for APs ) if it becomes available...$201 + tax = $223,
or .......15% off for Disney Club (that is probably the smallest discount you may have) it would be $285 plus tax.

I still can't figure out how, but this past summer I was able to get a wing room for $124, $138 including tax, as an annual passholder. This was even below the advertised passholder rate, so I don't know if it was just a special or what. That's what first got me to try the Contemporary. I think I was also offered a tower room for around 209 including tax. Maybe they were doing this to get me into a deluxe? Hehe

what # do you call for ressie? I was told 45 day cancel policy & full deposit

maria PS I always had 5 day cancel & 1 night deposit help

what # do you call for ressie? I was told 45 day cancel policy & full deposit

maria PS I always had 5 day cancel & 1 night deposit help

Cindyfan,

Those rates were for value season in January 2002. I think the rack rate was about $10 cheaper last year than this year. If I remember correctly, the AP rates were about a 40% discount off of the rack rates.

Maria,
If you call the 1-407-W-DISNEY number (CRO hotel-only reservations), the terms should be 6 day cancellation and 1 night's deposit. I don't think they've changed it there. I know some specials if booked online have that 45 day policy, as well as some of the Disney travel company packages, so I'd call CRO.

Were the rates last year better than this year? It seems that way to me. I was thinking that with SoG being switched over to CR, then they wouldn't have to offer any terrific rates to get people to stay there. You know, 'cause the SoG folk would be taking up the north wing. Any validity to this line of thought? I would love to be able to stay there this Aug for at least part of our trip, but if the rates aren't any lower than $200 or so, it's a no go for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter