What's the easiest to cook recipe you can think of

Alison Wonderland

<font color=green>I thought I saw a small one in t
with only a few ingredients. I have made a lot of recipes from
the crockpot thread and had a lot of success and I'd like to branch out
from the crock pot now.

Brown a pound of hamburger and add 1 pkg. prepared Uncle Ben's Wildrice. I take this to school potlucks because kids really like it.

The first meal I taught my kids to make was baked ziti. Not only is it only a few ingredients, but it's basically one pot prep aka fewer dishes to wash. :rotfl:

Baked Ziti

1 lb Ziti
1 qt spaghetti sauce
15 oz Ricotta cheese
1 c Mozzarella, shredded
1 Tbl Parmesan

Cook Ziti according to package directions; drain. Pour 2/3 c sauce on bottom of 13x9 pan. Combine Ziti, Mozzarella & Ricotta with remaining sauce. Spoon into pan & top with Parmesan. Cover & bake at 400 for 40 minutes, until hot & bubbly.

= = = = = = = = =
DD was less excited about making this one, because she hates to touch raw meat. ;) I made her toughen up & use a fork to pick up the meat. :lmao: She loves it & says it's not as bad as she thought to actually make.

CHICKEN & GREEN “LEENIE”**

1 lb boneless chicken
2 Tbl butter
¼ c Lea & Perrins Worcestershire for Chicken**

Melt butter in pan & add Worcestershire & chicken in single layer. Cook until edges turn white, then turn over. Sauce can be served “as is” or thickened with cornstarch or Wondra.

[NOTE: Works extremely well for fish filets as well.]
**The name of this has changed on the packaging, but we still call it that. It's now officially called "Marinade for Chicken: Blended with White Wine & Herbs".

= = = = = = = = = = =
This has more ingredients, but again is "one pot" & super simple since everything is pretty much "open & dump". ;) I usually brown several pounds of meat all at once & freeze in meal-sized packages. It takes even less time that way. I also cook boneless chicken in the crockpot and then shred it & freeze the same way. Chicken in the chili is really good too.

Chili

1 lb ground meat (or shredded chicken)
1 can tomato soup + can of water
1 can refried beans
1 can Great Northern beans (or kidney beans)
½ bag corn (frozen, defrosted)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 Tbl chili powder

Brown the meat. Add remaining ingredients & simmer. Optional: Add a bag of Lipton Rice & Sauce - Spanish flavor with the amount of water listed on package. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole & tortilla chips, if desired.

The first meal I taught my kids to make was baked ziti. Not only is it only a few ingredients, but it's basically one pot prep aka fewer dishes to wash. :rotfl:

Thats one of the first things my girls learned too. :thumbsup2

My youngest loves meatloaf so I taught her this one. She used it as a demo at school and got a great grade. :cool1:

BBQ Meatloaf

Makes 6-8 servings

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 lb ground turkey breast
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup bbq sauce, divided

Mix first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce. Shape into loaf. Placed in a microwave loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray, cover.
Micro on 50% for 15 minutes. Pour 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce on top of loaf; carefully spread to cover. Replace cover and microwave on 50% for 15 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 140 degrees.
Let rest for 10 minutes.

Then there is an old WW recipe that I make all the time and everyone loves, I serve it with orzo...

Easy Chicken Skillet

Makes 4 servings

12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
1 small yellow onion, halved & thinly sliced
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon dried basil
Parmesan cheese to taste

Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil & cook chicken until browned, stirring frequently.
Add carrots, celery & onions. Cook until vegetables are wilted. Add tomatoes and 1/2 can white wine or water. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add basil. Mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and add cheese to taste.

with only a few ingredients. I have made a lot of recipes from
the crockpot thread and had a lot of success and I'd like to branch out
from the crock pot now.

How about burritos? I don't use a recipe, just throw them together.

Brown a lb of ground beef, put in some cumin, maybe a tsp, chilli powder a tsp and a few shakes of garlic powder. Then stir in a can of Ranch Beans (beans in chili sauce) OR a can of refried beans.

Spread some of that mixture down the middle of a tortilla, then sprinkle in some shredded cheddar, blob on a little sour cream, fold shut and hold together wth a toothpick. Put them side by side in a baking pan. Pour on some salsa, or a can of rotel. Bake about 25 min in 350 oven. YUMMO. Easy.

Katy

How about taco soup?
Brown 1lb chop meat in a soup pot, add two cans tomato soup and two cans of beef broth. Then add a can of beans (any will do; I typically use kidney) and a can of corn - you can dump both in with liquid and all. Let simmer on the stove until warmed through (20 minutes) then serve. Garnish with corn chips, shredded cheddar and sour cream. Its easy, filling and a one dish meal!

Something really, really easy.. bar-b-que chicken

Ingredients
-bar-b-que sauce
-chicken

You can use boneless/skinless or bone in, any pieces parts.

Just put the raw chicken in a pan, pour some sauce on each piece of chicken, cover with foil and bake. 350 for about 30 min for boneless, 50-60 min for bone in. Bake some potatoes at the same time. EAsy and yummy!

Happy Cooking
Katy

This is one of my family's favorites:

Sweet and Sour Chicken

6 boneless chicken breast
1 bottle catalina or red french dressing
1 jar apricot preserves
1 package of lipton onion soup mix

Preheat oven to 350.

Place chicken in a baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes.

Serve with while rice and steamed broocoli or veggie of choice.

This is one of my family's favorites:

Sweet and Sour Chicken

6 boneless chicken breast
1 bottle catalina or red french dressing
1 jar apricot preserves
1 package of lipton onion soup mix

Preheat oven to 350.

Place chicken in a baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes.

Serve with while rice and steamed broocoli or veggie of choice.

Swap the Catalina dressing for Russian or Thousand Island and you have Russian Chicken. Its a big favorite here and served over wide noodles. I always double the sauce and use 3lbs of chicken tenders or a 3 pd cut up chicken on the bone.

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge on the Concierge level and they served a Potato Hash. Sooooo Easy and Soooooooooooo good and impressive to serve.

4 - 6 servings

2 Sweet potatoes
2 Irish Potatoes
2 strips of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Sweet Onion
1 tbl spoon of Olive Oil

Cut the Potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
dice onions
cook bacon on med heat until crispy
Drain most of the bacon grease and add onions
Cook until onions are translucent.

Stir potatoes with olive oil and add to pan with onions and bacon.

Cover and cook on Med heat. Important not to stir. 3 -5 min. gently turn potatoes over and re-cover. 3 - 5 minutes more. Test and remove from heat when tender.

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge on the Concierge level and they served a Potato Hash. Sooooo Easy and Soooooooooooo good and impressive to serve.

4 - 6 servings

2 Sweet potatoes
2 Irish Potatoes
2 strips of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Sweet Onion
1 tbl spoon of Olive Oil

Cut the Potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
dice onions
cook bacon on med heat until crispy
Drain most of the bacon grease and add onions
Cook until onions are translucent.

Stir potatoes with olive oil and add to pan with onions and bacon.

Cover and cook on Med heat. Important not to stir. 3 -5 min. gently turn potatoes over and re-cover. 3 - 5 minutes more. Test and remove from heat when tender.

That sounds good! :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting it!

Would you please add it to the "Official Disney Recipe Exchange" thread? Here is a link to it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103&page=152

If you have any other Disney recipes, we'd love to see them if they aren't already posted. ;) You can check the index thread to see if there are any you don't have as well. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635

1 pkg cornbread mix (mix per box directions)
1 pkg hot dogs
1 lg can of baked beans ( our fav is Bush's Onion flavor)

Spray a large casserole dish with no-stick spray. pour beans in dish, slice hot dogs and place on top, cover with cornbread dough. Bake 400 35 to 45 minutes or till cornbread is done.

1) BBQ pork chops
Season pork chops as you like. Top with BBQ sauce. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Turn and top with more sauce. Cook another 30 minutes or till done.

2) Mushroom Pork Chops.
Season pork chops as you like. Brown in large skillet. Drain well. Add a can of golden mushroom soup and fresh mushrooms. Cover and simmer 45 minutes. (Check and turn halfway thru)

3) Onion Pork Chops
Open a packet of instant onion soup mix and pour into a shallow bowl or large ziploc bag. Mix with equal portions of bread crumbs. Cover chops w/crumb and soup mix. Spray bottom of baking pan with no stick spray. Place breaded chops in pan. Bake 350 for 30 minutes. Turn and cook 30 minutes more or till done.

This is another taco soup recipe.

1 can of tomatoes
1 can of kidney beans (you can throw in the liquid too)
1 can of corn, and
1 package of taco seasoning mix

Empty all ingredients into a pot and heat. Dinner can be ready in 5 or 10 minutes.

We usually double the recipe. Tomatoes can be whole or crushed. Whole should be chopped a bit first. Crushed makes a thicker soup. Sometimes I use the bean liquid, sometimes I don't use all of it. My DD really likes the corn in it, so she uses 2 cans when she makes it.

You can serve it over corn chips (Fritos) or tortilla chips, garnish it with cheese, sour cream, olives, etc., or eat it plain.

The original recipe called for browning some hamburger, onion, and celery. We stopped using it when a frequest visitor for dinner decided he would be vegetarian for awhile. My family actually prefers it without meat.

VickiV

On the back of the Stovetop dressing box used to be a really easy, fairly good recipe.

I cut my chicken into tenders. Season with S&P or we like Cavender's Greek Seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes both sides on medium. Top with can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with small container sour cream. (I've also just used the soup). Top with prepared stovetop. Cover and cook for 10-20 minutes (can't quite remember). Until chicken done. You can also do this without preparing the stovetop and it is crunchy, but edible.

It's one of my husband's favorites.

Another pork chop recipe
Brown porkchops until cooked in butter
Remove the chops
Squirt in about 1/4 - 1/2 a cup of honey in the warm pan (I usually turn it down to low- med if the pan is pretty hot)
then add 1/2-1/2 cup of chopped pecans
Scrape up the brown bits of chops off the bottom into the honey and let heat for a little bit
Then serve the sauce and pecans on the chops

With all of the fresh veggie avaliable in Summer Dh & I eat grilled chicken over green salad with fresh fruit on the side many nights. We use what ever was at the local Farmers Market and vary the chciken seasoning accordingly, along with a bagette and chilled white wine :goodvibes
Guess you can tell we don't have children.
Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter