What's the most you would pay for DELUXE, MOD and VALUE?

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
With the lack of codes, I'm wondering if anyone else has a "ceiling" in their minds about how much they're willing--or able--to spend per night on their resort hotel.

We've only stayed at WL, usually for around $129/nt. for a woodsview (with a code) and felt it was a real bargain. We'd be willing (able!) to pay up to $175 nt. inc. tax.

For this May, it looks like that's not available, so we'll be splitting our stay between Saratoga Springs (renting points) and POR (mansions) with the AAA rate of $129/nt....about $140/nt. with tax. For those of you who have stayed at MODS, do you feel they're good value at that price? What's the most you would pay for a MOD?

I was quoted ASMo for $99/nt. Even though we've never stayed at Values, my "ceiling" for them is about $79/nt.

Any other opinions?

Karla B. :Pinkbounc ...Very excited that our trip has moved up from Oct. to MAY!!!!

Karla B. :sunny:

Since I once booked AllStarMu at $107, obviously I'm willing to pay that although we ended up at POR for $99 on a code. I expect to be in a mod next March and I'll pay rack rate if I have to , probably $139 or better, but I'm hoping for $114. I've paid $149 for Swan and $139 for Dolphin and I wouldn't go much more than that for any deluxe as much as I liked those 2, for their location more than anything else.

Bill From PA

Whatever rack is if I wanted to stay there.

I probably wouldn't go over about $650 or so for non-peak season GF RPC.

Anne

you could always rent more points and stay at other DVC resorts as you should onlb be payin 10 a point and being most weeknights are 9-12 points it is cheap (it includes tax)
that would be my only suggestion.
Iwe have stayed in Moderate and Deluxe it depends on what you want to spend we like the Poly but I do not thnk you will get that for 175 (who knows though)
we Just bought DVC and we realize the true bargain that it is --if you like deluxe resorts-- but it is still less then a moderate for us--people are not making a lot of profit when they rent for 10 considering the buy in and dues
Good luck :cool1:

ducklite said:
Whatever rack is if I wanted to stay there.

I probably wouldn't go over about $650 or so for non-peak season GF RPC.

Anne

Anne,
Just out of curiousity..what does the "RP" stand for? Is it another level of concierge? If so, what extra services would you receive? That's why we bought DVC...I like the deluxes, but not rack rates!!LOL!

TIA!!
:sunny:

Well, I'm paying $365 a night for garden view at the GF starting Friday and that's with the AP discount! :earseek: It really took some justification on my part to myself. I don't think DH knows how much it is although in the past it's been "if the budget will allow it..........."

Well I'm paying rack rate fo POR this July - $166. I would really liked to have stayed at AKL savannah view but the rate DU quoted me was way beyond my 'ceiling' so here I am back at a mod.

Christmas 2003 I stayed at CBR with holiday season full rack rate - I think it was around $200. Pretty steep but it was Christmas and I'm glad I went for it.

I have no luck whatsoever with codes. I do not have an AP, and we don't have AAA in the UK (obviously). So I always assume I will pay rack rate. As I'm a teacher my holiday times coincide with the highest season prices.

Louise

Well, the most we've ever paid was this past trip (March 5-12). We stayed 2 nights at AKL savannah view with a code for $206/nt. That about killed me to pay that much but when I went on disneyworld.com and checked later those same two nights without the code would've cost over $800!!!! That's ridiculous. While we loved AKL we wouldn't go back there without a really good price.

The most we've paid for a mod was POFQ (back when it was just PO :rolleyes: ) on our honeymoon. We paid around $150/nt. for kingbed waterview. It was fantastic! Of course that was before I found this board or knew anything about codes. We stayed there a couple of trips later with a code for $79/nt regular room. Go figure.

I like the deluxe hotels, but after all - they are just hotel rooms - not much different from any good chain out there (usually I can count on them being clean, however - which is a toss up with properties outside Disney). That being said, I think it's a rip off to pay over $185 a night for a standard room in pretty much any hotel. It's not that we "can't" pay it - it's just not a good economic decision to pay it.

For concierge, I have paid a lot in the past, but not any more. I think concierge shouldn't be any more than about $250 - tops - per night.

Before I knew anything, I paid $199 at POR and $306 at WL. I wouldn't pay those rates again. Thanks to this site and all the other Disney info out there, I won't have to. Thanks everyone for your help!! :grouphug:

princess:

Which will run us $555/night for a 2 bedroom for a week. I have an AP, so we're hoping for a rate, but will keep it no matter what. At that point, we will have spent 6 months in a 25' trailer, so the kids deserve the full Monty, even at that ridiculous price. We're renting points for other parts of our stay, but the VWL appear to be pretty solidly booked at that point.

I figure it's payback for the amazing rates we got in September 2001 - $189 for a two-bedroom at OKW since we were there just after 9/11 (arrived 9/12).

We stayed at ASMu last December for a total of 55 a night. We just decided to go in June and are getting 99 a night, which is hard to accept but without more time to plan we are lucky that a room opened up today. There weren't any showing up yesterday.

I wouldn't stay at a value resort. I just wouldn't go. I would stay at a moderate, and if I had to I'd pay rack rate...isn't that around $129-$149, depending on the season? That would be fine. We have been staying deluxe since 1999, BUT with a general or AP code, which are getting scarce it seems. I think the MOST I would pay for a deluxe would be $239 a night. I remember paying $179 for YC/BC...them were the good old days. We paid $209 a night for the Poly last summer. I certainly wouldn't spend $300 a night on a resort...no way!

PamNC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter