• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whats up with National???

Mickey_Maniac

I'm a Maniac, so what???
Besides thier prices that is. I just did my nightly check to see if I could get a better rate, and found that from yesterday to today, the rate for a full size at the end of April has gone up by almost $40 after all discounts. The base price was up by over $60. Boy am I glad I reserved a couple of moths ago when it was still below $200.

By the way, 8 days, 4/26-5/4, full size with DC discount and 1 free day came up to $238.

Are they doing that well, or is this a sign that the end of April is going to be busy so they can raise thier rates...

Rates always go up this time of year as spring & summer vacations approach. Then in late summer/early fall they go down, that's when I make my December & May reservations. I have $137 for May 4 to 10, full size EA, Disney Club discount, 1 free day. Made the reservation last October.

Made my National reservations on 12/18 for 2nd week of May. Base $165.99 plus fees less discounts is $152.44 for a full size for 7 days.

I missed a chance to rent a car from Budget a couple months ago. Since then rates have gone up tremendously. At least for a full size car. I recently read National was having financial trouble and may file for bankruptcy reorganization. Sorry I can't remeber where I saw it. The article implied that the parent company of National and another car rental company was having financial trouble.

Bob,
They have already filed, a few months ago. Reorg.
However, I doubt that has anything to do with rates. It is the time of year that is causing the increase.

Gail,
I agree with your statement about the rates. Many companies file for bankruptcy and never miss a beat. In fact I got a good discount on a premium (Lesabre) car from National using an AARP card. It was about $100 off the advertised regular internet rate. I'm not ancient yet but I figured since I turned 50 I ought to try to get something off for having more gray hair. The Disney Club discount might be better, but I haven't gotten around to figuring out how that works yet. Have a nice day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter