wheelchair at dessert party

nurseholly

Mouseketeer
I am in charge of planning an upcoming trip for my parents, my sister and her daughter and my own family. We are all attending the HEA dessert party one evening in July. After explaining both the terrace option and the plaza viewing option, my sister decided that she would rather attend the terrace seated one. She is a paraplegic and wanted the guaranteed seating. So she is booked with her daughter while the rest of us will go to the plaza viewing. My question is this: how do they work wheelchair seating? On the reservation I noted that she needed w/c accessibility. I also know that this is now first come, first served instead of preassigned. So do they preassign the handicapped ones? TIA

If you noted it then they know she has a wheelchair and will need a place to park. The one she booked has one row of table up along the railing so every table has a view or somewhat a view of the castle ( I have hard some places are better then others). On the main board there is a long thread on both and has some very good pictures. It was started by @GADisneyDad14

My Mom uses a scooter and we did the Terrace seating area last year and the Plaza viewing area just earlier this month. In both cases the scooter worked out just fine. She is able to walk short distances so when we were seated she just asked the attendant where to park the scooter in both cases. She walked the short distance to the table and I picked up her food and brought it to her. For the Terrace seating, she just stayed seated the entire time. We had a seat close to the railing and fortunately no one stood in front of her. For the Plaza viewing area, she took her scooter to the viewing area about 40 minutes prior to the fireworks. She parked herself in front of a small tree and stayed in the scooter the entire time. I don't use a scooter, but I can't sit on the ground (knee issues), so I stood next to her. 95% of the people were sitting on the ground and stayed seated when the fireworks started. One guy stood up and tried to put his daughter on his shoulder and was sternly rebuked by others. He sat back down. No one said anything to my Mom and I because our intentions were clear the entire time, plus we were in front of a small tree.

So either way, I think your sister will be fine in her wheel chair. The party staff has a lot of experience in dealing with disability concerns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter