Wheelchair Side Guards

OneLittleSpark

A Michaelmusophobia Sufferer (please don't hate me
Hi all. Just wondering, has anyone ever bought side guards for their wheelchair, and if so, could you help me? I find it difficult to push over arm-rests, so have taken them off my chair, but I need to get a seat cushion, and I'm worried about it slipping sideways into the wheels, if there's nothing there to stop it. I've been looking round on the net for side guards, but can't seem to find anyone who sells them (in the UK, at least). Have they got other names that I don't know about? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup2 !

You can find some on www.sportaid.com. My kids have the plastic ones now but have had the cloth ones. Your seat and the base of your chair should have velcro on it so it won't move if you don't have the guards

Thanks Michigan :thumbsup2 ! Even if the cushion was Velcroed into place, I'd kinda like to get some anyway, because the mud I get up the sides of my coat when it's wet, is a real pain. But they don't come cheaply, do they? Oh well, needs must and all that.

Thanks again!

Pay a visit to the people that supply and maintain your wheelchair. That's where I'd go to look for that kind of thing.

Pay a visit to the people that supply and maintain your wheelchair. That's where I'd go to look for that kind of thing.
I don't know how equipment is paid for where you are, but it might be easier to get them paid for if you go thru the place like Lindsay said. Also, they could put them on for you.

My DD had the Quickie side guards on the page Michigan linked to on one of her manual wheelchairs. They were quite nice, easy to remove for cleaning and made of plastic so they cleaned fairly well. They didn't work out for her since they got in the way of transferring for her, but they did keep stuff from hitting the sides of her seat cushion an coat.

Thanks everyone! I might trundle along to the chair repair place when I get back to Uni (I'm on vacation at the moment) and see what they suggest. Sue, do you know if the Quickie guards would fit on any standard wheelchair, or are they only designed for Quickie chairs? Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter