Wheelchair travelers

PigletsPal2

Queen of the Realm
We've cruised twice before (DCL), but this is my first time with RCL and the first time I've needed a wheelchair. If anyone has experience, please advise which option is best:

1. Rent a wheelchair from a home town company and bring it with us to use from the time we arrive at port (dropping off luggage, getting to embarkation point then getting to cabin) and reverse at the end of the cruise.

2. Rent a wheelchair from a local company near the port and have it delivered to our cabin and have RCL provide transport from luggage drop off to cabin and reverse at the end of the cruise (assuming they even offer this service).

RCL's website is decidedly unhelpful. I guess I could use their "contact us" icon, but I'd rather check first for someone with personal experience.

Many thanks for any info.

Queen Colleen

your only options to rent and have it on board are the two companies that have permission to do so: special needs at sea and scootaround.

there is no WC assistance until AFTER you get through security at most terminals. it is also done first come first served and there may only be 2-3 chairs at the terminal to schlep everyone.. furthermore, you are dropped off in a public area right after boarding. ( cabins are not accessible until 1 pm)

I know what I would choose if I still needed my chair.....

Thanks so much for the info! We don't plan to board before 1 pm, so that's not an issue. I'll rent one here and take it with me.

Queen Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts