When do the “15’s” start to diminish?

We just got back from a Pop stay and there were lots of 15 groups. The only time there was an issue was when they swarmed the food court, and in line late night at EPCOT trying to get back to the hotel. That night there were 3 groups in line, and they were trying to out chant each other for about 30 min. Finally a bus cast member shushed them. Has their behavior improved over all? IMO, yes. Has it totally been resolved? No. If I go the same time again I'll try to get a room at a hotel out of their reach. lol They have every right to be there, and Disney has the right/duty to keep them in line of the rules or bestow consequences. Each side needs to work on it just a bit more.

I'm not saying that bad behavior doesn't happen. It does - EVEN with Americans (individual, families, or groups).

I'm just saying I think some people see a large group of Latina girls and/or hear "Oh, the 15s" and then every little thing that they do (I'm not saying what you experienced as little - I'm saying legit little stuff like them being a little bit excited) gets blown WAY up in those people's minds.
Yes, exactly. A very good example would have been our ride on Soarin'.
Some would have ridden with them and said they found the ride very disrupted by their behavior. Especially if someone was already slightly annoyed with other stressful parts of their trips. It only takes little things to turn in to big things. With slight embellishment here or there, what we thought was a bit of excitement and fun could be horrible noise.

While I agree with you to a certain extent that people looking for something negative will always find it. That being said, I don't think any of us should have to put up with behavior that infringes on our vacation either. We shouldn't have to step over teens laying on the sidewalks on Main Street, listen to the endless chanting in the parks or yelling late at night around the resort. My all time winner though, is the girls that were wetting their very long hair in the sinks and basically bathing in the bathroom by Splash Mountain. There was hair in all the sinks and water everywhere as they ran around the bathroom, shoes off, while the tour guides were right outside doing nothing. It was disgusting. We all have to use the bathrooms. Sometimes we all need to be respectful of others on their "long awaited trip" as common courtesy.

This happened this year? This is the first year we never saw them sitting in massive groups on the ground (or even in small groups on the ground). But of course we weren’t everywhere all the time.

All of these things have happened in previous summers including last year. I was responding to the comment that it's not the behavior but people's reactions to the behavior that is the problem. I was simply stating things that I personally experienced and don't think my frustration was an overreaction.

I've never been to Disney when they're are there. I have talked to cm's that said they do a lot of damage in the hotel rooms. Having two teens of my own I can only imagine what a group of 50 could do. I have been to universal in February and was appalled at how a couple of large Brazilian families left the club level lounge at the Hardrock. I really felt bad for the people that had to clean it up. After dating someone from South America years ago I was surprised by how many families have live in housekeepers and cooks. It may be why they don't know how to pick up after themselves.

They look tame. I'm guessing that ends later.

Yeah... well... it's when it's crowded anyway and then 3 or 4 of these groups (and the ones we saw had closer to 50 girls/kid per) meet and they are all jumping up and down chanting at the top of their lungs with their hands in the air. It's a bit overwhelming especially for certain other guests. When a single group is walking from place to place single or double file and they aren't screaming, they are still like the picture. lol It's not all bad and it's not all good (just like everything else in life I suppose)... it's all just a bit distracting. I'm glad to have witnessed it several times, as it has now become a Disney "thing."

All of these things have happened in previous summers including last year. I was responding to the comment that it's not the behavior but people's reactions to the behavior that is the problem. I was simply stating things that I personally experienced and don't think my frustration was an overreaction.

And I said that I agreed that behavior was extreme. And clarified what I meant.

After dating someone from South America years ago I was surprised by how many families have live in housekeepers and cooks.
No doubt-we were talking to a Guest on the bus this AM who had done Laundry "with them" the other day and one of The Brazil 15s had put Dryer Sheets in the washer detergent tray-and "washed" a load!lol

Evidently didn't have a lot of Laundry experience!lol

And we were doing Laundry the other night and there were some 15s in there also along with an older couple from Brazil.

We loaded our wash and went outside to sit on the Bench.

A few minutes later the Brazilian man came out and headed toward Stadium Hall and returned with Disney Security who went into the Laundry and cleared all The 15s out except for the 2 that were actually doing Laundry-don't know what happened but it must have been bad for the Brazilian to get security.

Never a dull!lol:)

No doubt-we were talking to a Guest on the bus this AM who had done Laundry "with them" the other day and one of The Brazil 15s had put Dryer Sheets in the washer detergent tray-and "washed" a load!lol

Evidently didn't have a lot of Laundry experience!lol

And we were doing Laundry the other night and there were some 15s in there also along with an older couple from Brazil.

We loaded our wash and went outside to sit on the Bench.

A few minutes later the Brazilian man came out and headed toward Stadium Hall and returned with Disney Security who went into the Laundry and cleared all The 15s out except for the 2 that were actually doing Laundry-don't know what happened but it must have been bad for the Brazilian to get security.

Never a dull!lol:)
My teens don't have a lot of experience with laundry either. They have a live in maid and cook...me. Although they have learned how to cook when I work late. I guess their survival instincts finally kicked in. Their smelly boys so having them wear dirty clothes would be more punishment for me then them.

I'm just saying I think some people see a large group of Latina girls and/or hear "Oh, the 15s" and then every little thing that they do (I'm not saying what you experienced as little - I'm saying legit little stuff like them being a little bit excited) gets blown WAY up in those people's minds.

I think it's hard to say that for certain unless you're literally in the same place at the same time, experiencing the same moment AND haing different reactions, though.

And, of course, a teacher is going to have a different perspective on excitable teens then someone from another walk of life. :)

I wish someone would post a picture. I have never seen them since we stay later.

It's large groups of girls celebrating turning (or having turned) 15. That's it. I see you found a picture.

Different cultures behave in different ways, teens behave in a variety of ways, etc etc.

My teens don't have a lot of experience with laundry either. They have a live in maid and cook...me. Although they have learned how to cook when I work late. I guess their survival instincts finally kicked in. Their smelly boys so having them wear dirty clothes would be more punishment for me then them.

I would hope that if you were sending them off on an international trip, and figured they would have to wash clothes, that you would let them know what detergent is and what a dryer sheet is for, though. :)

I think it's hard to say that for certain unless you're literally in the same place at the same time, experiencing the same moment AND haing different reactions, though.

And, of course, a teacher is going to have a different perspective on excitable teens then someone from another walk of life. :)

Oh trust me... I am right with most people on what is obnoxious. Possibly moreso because my site shares space with a middle school and those kids are ridiculous.

Can someone tell me what Pop Warner is and when they are usually at Disney? We are going the 2nd week in October and I am crossing all my fingers.
TIA

Can someone tell me what Pop Warner is and when they are usually at Disney? We are going the 2nd week in October and I am crossing all my fingers.
TIA
A group of youth football and cheerleaders that come to Disney for their national football championship the first week in December. They are families for the most part though, not groups with chaperones. At least the typical team is families. I'm sure a few are just the coach and players but that's not the norm.

arriving at Pop in two weeks for a 2 nights stay... what's the chance that 15's are still there??

ETA: just read a few pages back that the group starts to taper off at the end of July.... fingers crossed. it will be our first time at Pop and first value resort experience.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm spitting into the wind. Or maybe we've just been incredibly lucky.

But we've never run into them. To be expected in the resorts; as a family of 5 we stay Deluxe. But we've never had an issue in the parks either.

(Now, watch, next week they'll be everywhere, lol.)

So, while I don't doubt that they're an issue, it may not be as pervasive as some are thinking.

Makes me wonder if Disney gave a warning to the tour groups that organized these trips.

I sure hope so, this changed behavior sounds too good.. hopefully it lasts.

I'm hoping Disney gave a warning and the tour guides are doing more to keep the groups orderly. I have friends who go in July and from what they have told me in years past (the cutting/ disregarding lines, large groups pushing/shoving past you even if you have little kids in tow, the group leaders doing nothing to help, the loud chanting, walking across the parks in human chains arms crossed without disregard to others trying to get through, wild behavior by large groups on the buses ) has made me cross July off our list. I've only had one experience in early August 2 years ago it was a large Latin American group (the tour leader had the flag) and a group of 50 + people cut me and my 2 small kids as we were walking in the ride Soarin (it was men and women, not a 15's group):mad: I then understood what my friend would say when she said she would run in the opposite direction when she saw the flags in the parks. :worried:

It makes me think that enough people have complained to Disney if it negatively impacted their trip. I think that complaints from guests would be the only thing to get Disney to make these changes. I'm glad to hear that some behavior parameters are being enforced - we all pay a lot to get in the parks and if you can't enjoy it because of others not following the rules, it's up to Disney make sure those rules are enforced - not just take the revenue from large tour groups and have the other park guests have a sub-par experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter