When do the Xmas crowds arrive in WDW?

SpaceAce

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of a trip for 2005 (a year and a half from now) around Christmas. Does anyone have any resources or knowledge from experience about when the rush of Disney Christmas Vacationers begins? If we went right when schools typically close and left before Christmas Eve, would we be ok?

Thanks,

From what I have read hear.....this sounds like it could be a plan.

We went during Christmas of 2002. We arrived on the 19th and left on Jan 1st. Up until the 22nd, the crowds were extremely light. It started picking up on the 23rd and by Christmas Eve is was crazy.

As long as you leave by Christmas Eve, I don't think the crowds would be bad at all.

You all have just made my day! I have a trip planned for Dec 16-23. I was hoping that it wouldn't be too bad as long as I headed home before the 24th. It helps so much to have my thoughts confirmed by others!! :D

Checked my calendar, and Christmas, 2005 is a Sunday. So, it seems that as long as you were gone by Friday morning, I bet thats when the crowds arrive. You are lucky you can go on the 16th.

We're also going during that timeframe (12/15-12/25, except for this year) and I've gotten mixed opinions. This is our first Christmas trip so I have no idea either, we're used to spring/summer crowds so I posted a while back asking people to compare June crowds with December crowds.

I got pretty mixed answers. I've heard some say that it will start to get really busy Saturday the 18th since a lot of kids will be out of school by then. I've heard some say that it won't get really busy until the 22nd or 23rd. I'm sure the crowds will get progressively worse while we're there, I just don't know when to expect it to be "really bad." I guess we'll find out in a few months, and I'll post so you can find out! It'll be great, Christmas at Disney, we can't wait!

always find this a two edge sword...christmas to me is christmas day to new year but the crowds are mad simply..MAD.. however they are also atmospheric but we have no children so I think that has to play a role in your decision making... I love the crowds at christmas ..if you plan you can beat them and get the full crowded atmosphere(its like being at a sold out concert)..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter