When do they normally book up?

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
Next year we want to camp during my fall break at work. But it takes a while for my school to approve the school calendar.
I am wondering if I just book the time I think it will be, to make sure there is a spot or do I have time to wait.
Or should I book it for two weeks it could be, then cancel the one week it is not when they finally release the school calendar for next year.

Next year we want to camp during my fall break at work. But it takes a while for my school to approve the school calendar.
I am wondering if I just book the time I think it will be, to make sure there is a spot or do I have time to wait.
Or should I book it for two weeks it could be, then cancel the one week it is not when they finally release the school calendar for next year.
Fall is popular. I would book now to secure a spot. I would probably book the 2 weeks separately as it may be easier to cancel than to reduce days off a trip. Some disers have had trouble trying to shorten a trip. You'd have to do the deposit for both but whatever you cancel, you'd get back. I wouldn't book it as a package, just site only. I get the frustration with the school calendar. Ours won't be approved until probably April.

Having played this game with Disney but with spring break, my advice would be to book two different one-week reservations like G719 said for the two weeks you think might be the break that gets approved then cancel the one that's not once you know which one it is.

The reason that I would recommend two shorter reservations versus one longer one of two weeks' length is that sometime Disney gives guests (like they did me) grief about dropping unwanted days from a reservation. Sometimes they don't. They wanted me to cancel then attempt to book new (when nothing showed available). Cancellations don't show up immediately in inventory.

Adding days hasn't been a problem if there is availability - but dropping days has been. So to eliminate that possibility, book two separate.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I'm going against the majority and say book the full two weeks. One is there is only one deposit to pay and not two! The second is if you book Mon - Sun for one ressie and then book the other for Mon - Sun and then find out you actually can stay Mon - Mon....well then that is going to be a pain to merge those ressies and then drop on top of that. I would cover all my bases and drop what is not needed. Disney should not give you grief for this. Their job is to be helpful and provide a service and not to give grief. They are not going to penalize you for it and if you do have any issues with a customer service rep, then your next call should be to Guest Relations.

Fall is popular. I would book now to secure a spot. I would probably book the 2 weeks separately as it may be easier to cancel than to reduce days off a trip. Some disers have had trouble trying to shorten a trip. You'd have to do the deposit for both but whatever you cancel, you'd get back. I wouldn't book it as a package, just site only. I get the frustration with the school calendar. Ours won't be approved until probably April.
I hear you about school calendars. Our daughter teaches college year round and our trip is based on after the end of spring semester. Ontario, Canada colleges are on strike right now and when they go back they will be extending terms so potentially it will extend until the week of our trip in April. Here she is trying to get a f/t teaching position and now will have to arrange for someone to cover that last very important week :( If it weren't for the cost of changing flights for 4 people we'd considering changing dates but everything is iffy datewise based on when the strike settles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter