When does everyone start planting?

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
Hello fellow gardeners. It is nice to see this forum starting up again, after the slow winter season.

I was thinking of sending my friend some seeds, but I wanted to know when the growing season would be for those of you who live in the states with colder weather. My friend lives in Texas if that helps.

Texas should have started their seeds indoors by now, so sending them should be okay.

We will be starting our seeds at the end of March for most of them. I can put any really good growers into containers and bring them inside if it gets too cold in the begining of May. But not until mid-later May can I put things in the ground outside. Even then, I have to keep an eye on the weather. We have a really short growning season.

When I lived in NJ, I liked to have my seeds started by February 22nd, which was my DMiL's birthday, so I made the connection. Here I am bit later with my tomato/flower seeds, but by the end of March for sure!

Today I checked on my dormant amaryllises, and 2 have new growth, yeah:cheer2:

Bobbi:goodvibes

Here in zone 6-7 a good time to start seeds indoors is the end of Feb. That being said last year I was so busy I forgot and everything was late getting out and in the ground.:guilty:
Do you know what zone they're in?

Click my '07 Flower & Garden Festival pic
Comments are greatly appreciated:flower3:

Thank you ladies. I had contacted my friend, and she said that it is too cold to start planting where she is at, but it is okay to send the seeds to her, so I had done so.
Would anyone be interested in a seed trade? Seeds that you have from your garden, or ones that you can buy at the store.

I hate to be a party pooper here, but I am fairly certain there are regulations about sending seeds in the mail because of the issues with non-native species. I could be wrong, but just thought I would mention it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter