when does "Value Season" begin want to go in August.

Bobbie JoSue

Earning My Ears
We are looking on taking our trip in August - right before kids go to school About August 20th or so. Where can i find information on when the rates go down again.

And being our first time ever on going - we are wondering how much the park hoppers plus tickets are and what they all entail (newbie_sorry). We want our girls to have fun and remember it always - they are 7 & 8. We will be going for 5 days so any tips would be great.

I also bought the passporter for 2002 - has anyone had this planner and didn they like.

Sorry about so many questions - but I am so excited about going :)

Thanks for the help.

bobbie josue

Last year we went on August 25th, and it was 49 a night at the All Stars. We looked into going again this year from Aug 18-31, and the All Star rate was 109, going down to 74 after the 25th ( I think ..we wound up going elsewhere, so it really was a moot point)

There should be caluclator or an article on this on the homepage of the site.

After the 25th of August, DC or AAA give you the same ~$70 rate at the AS resorts. But, call early!

Wanda

First of all, a big WELCOME!!! to the DIS. you're gonna love it here.

As to the park hopper plus passes, they include the water parks, as oppsed to the park hopper pass which is only for the 4 parks. Since it's your fist trip (which you're also gonna love, and part of the fun is the planning) a good first timer's book is the Official Guidebook by Steve Birnbaum. I know a lot of folks don't like it, but for a first timer, I find it is very informative in that it spends time describing things, which is exactly what you need. Besides, it has lots of pictures. They also make one exclusively for children, written by children. August rates ususally have gone down for the hotels the last two weeks of August. Call Central Reservations at Disney, 407 WDISNEY and ask. Keep reading these posts and hop to the other forums on this board. Try the "Disney for Families" board and the "Resort" board too. Happy planning and have a Disney day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter