When "exactly" is your best guess when the 50th anniversary will commence in 2021?

ChiDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
Will is be during the summer of 2021 or do you think they will wait until October 1, 2021 which is the opening date in 1971. Do you think it will be a year long celebration thru the summer of 2022?

I think it'll likely commence upon the opening of Tron. Whenever that actually winds up being. And then lasting a full year or so. It Tron opens in May, they'll run it through New Years at least (that seems short though). If Tron opens in October, I see them running it through the following summer. And if any of the other planned 50th attractions get delayed I'd imagine the celebration continues until they all open.

Considering the amount of money they're putting into the parks for the 50th, I can't see them having it last less than a full summer and Christmas.

Either January through December.
Or what I think is more likely and I think how they ran the 25th is October 1st 2021 through December 2022.

My guess is October 1, 2021 or very near that date. Most of Disney World's big celebrations have started then:

The 45th Anniversary started Oct. 1, 2016.
The 25th Anniversary started Oct. 1, 1996 with the Remember the Magic Parade starting in Sept.
The 20th Anniversary Surprise Parade stared Sept., 1991.
The 15th Anniversary Parade started Oct. 1, 1986.
The Tencennial Parade started Oct. 1, 1981.
The Millennium Celebration started Oct. 1, 1999.
The 100 Years of Magic (also WDW's 30th) started Oct. 1, 2001.

My guess is October 1, 2021 or very near that date. Most of Disney World's big celebrations have started then:

The 45th Anniversary started Oct. 1, 2016.
The 25th Anniversary started Oct. 1, 1996 with the Remember the Magic Parade starting in Sept.
The 20th Anniversary Surprise Parade stared Sept., 1991.
The 15th Anniversary Parade started Oct. 1, 1986.
The Tencennial Parade started Oct. 1, 1981.
The Millennium Celebration started Oct. 1, 1999.
The 100 Years of Magic (also WDW's 30th) started Oct. 1, 2001.
They are going to treat this like the Disneyland 60th and reap the benefits of starting it in the summer rather than on the actual anniversary.

Knowing Disney January 1st, 2019 thru December 31st 2023.

I was going to say the 50th would begin with the opening of SWGE but you could be on to something here.

Seriously - even if @rteetz didnt have “behind the scenes” knowledge my guess would have been Memorial Day weekend 2021. Like DL 60th.
And it’ll be milked. As will all guest wallets.

Doubt there will be a quieter period during the 50th. I've got no idea when to arrange my trip for

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!