"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

MeghanEmily

DIS Veteran
HELLLOOOOO HUMANS!
Welcome to another Meghan-and-Nathan trip report!

Now that the Post-Disney Depression has begun to wear off (slightly), and I'm currently up to my ears in textbook readings and not at all positioned well to undertake another distraction in my life....I'm pleased to bring you my fifth (REALLY? FIFTH? When did that happen...?) WDW Disboard trip report!! Welcome to...

"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic."

2xOfoTo.jpg

Side note: if you read my Disneymoon TR, you'll recognize that I've decided to write in this interesting kinda burnt orange colour because (1) our trip overlapped with the beginning of WDW Halloween festivities, and (2) it's kind of the colour that comes to mind when I think about walking on the surface of the sun.

4r2ibb4.gif

The purpose of this trip was to be a return to WDW for our 1st wedding anniversary.

K8OacNL.jpg

We got married in Epcot and celebrated our Disneymoon in The World in 2017—you can read about that in THIS STUPIDLY LONG TR—and we intended to do our darndest to put together an anniversary celebration to rival that miraculous adventure. We arrived at WDW on Aug. 15, 2018, spent the first half of our trip at my grandmother's Holiday Inn timeshare, then spent the second half at Disney's impressive Grand Floridian resort...

XA8fBO0.jpg

...before flying back to Home, Sweet Canada, on Aug. 27, 2018.

If you are here because you've read another one of my past reports, then welcome back, old friend!! I'm so glad to [virtually] see you! :hug: And if you're new to the group... OMG :welcome: You are always welcome here!! Feel free to read and to participate as little or as much as you wish, and know that you are the reason I get to have this wonderful TR-facilitating PDD-fighting hobby, and therefore, are much appreciated. :goodvibes

Just in case you don't already know us....let's go back to basics here...

WHO ARE WE?

Ugggh. Good question. Who am I? Who am I really? What is life even....

*shudder* Sorry! I'm a master's student, and the existential crisis seems to be coming on a little earlier than usual this school year...

We are Meghan-and-Nathan:

Xw5meg3.jpg

We are a 1-year-married, east coast Canadian, 20-something, hub-grass-romping, snow-detesting, safari-riding, Disney-loving unit. We also have a black cat named Stacey J. Aswad. And yes, she is named after that Stacey.

td4g6QH.jpg

A little more about us...

Meghan:
MXKW9Ss.jpg

I am a 25-year old speech-language pathology master's student, with a love of giraffes, Orange Bird, Dooney and Bourke bags, and with an increasingly problematic Disney pin addiction. If you haven't already noticed—you totally have!—I also have a tendency to ramble-write in a near-Gilmore-Girls fashion, and to use FAR too many commas and ellipses in a way that, usually, is not technically incorrect, but still highly inadvisable. (*consider revising*) You've been warned. I love to read and binge-watch, which I think is directly related to my love of Disney World because it's reflective of how I'm happiest when consuming a story. I have a neurological condition and multiple dietary restrictions, which sometimes makes me a lousy travel buddy.

A few of my Disney favourites... (I keep including these because they keep changing slightly from one report to the next as each trip influences them.)

Favourite Disney...
Park: Animal Kingdom....unless it's F&G season....then Epcot!

Ride: Splash Mountain, Soarin', Kilimanjaro Safari
Film: ALL of them?? Beauty and the Beast, Moana, Zootopia
Character: Merida, Eeyore, Judy Hopps
Restaurant: Boma, Sanaa, Citricos, Satu'li Canteen, Cookes of Dublin....I'm getting hungry....
Resort: WL, GF, POFQ
Snack: Dole Whip
Souvenir: Dooney sketch backpack(s), nesting doll pins

Nathan (referred to as "N" in my TRs):
QOlxsML.jpg

N is an almost-29-year-old spray paint artist and walking encyclopedia of fandom-related knowledge. He loves to read, play video games, swim, and work with his hands. He also always loves a new adventure and will try any new ride, food, or daunting experience at least once. Normally, he spends a lot of time on the road for work while I stay at home stuck in school, but this summer we got to spend that time road-tripping/travelling together instead! (I'll soon be detailing some of those travels in my current TR:
"I DON'T LIKE MY FAMILY!!")

Favourite Disney...
Park: Epcot
Ride: Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Winnie the Pooh (his first ride!)
Film: Aladdin
Character: Jafar
Restaurant: California Grill, Boma
Resort: AKL, GF, Pop
Snack: Mickey sandwich
Souvenir: Haunted Mansion MNSSHP passholder t-shirt

If you read this report, you can expect to hear all about some new adventures...

aggs4F7.jpg

zbKxIHZ.jpg

....some fan favourites....

giQOoMC.jpg

43GjdKC.jpg

....and how sweaty we were. :faint: Seriously, guys. It was August.

DpScFeT.jpg

Oh, and selfies. Lots of selfies. ::yes::

Something else you should know about me/us is that I/we love a good TR title, and having a good story behind one. The context of the current title will be revealed in good time, but I thought that it was also a lovely little stand-alone quote to sum up an altogether magical trip to WDW. This trip report, however, was ALMOST titled:

"Makes you wonder what the poor people are doing..."

....but I expected that it was entirely possible that people would read that title and make assumptions as to whether we said these words ourselves—I assure you, we did NOT—and whether they represented some kind of prejudiced attitude that we hold—I assure you, they do NOT. But in my mind, this will probably always be the secret title of this report...and I'll get to that story soon enough as well.

So with all that introductory stuff behind us, thanks again for joining in the fun....And we're off!!

2HAx293.jpg

Last edited:
Table of Contents:
Aug. 15:
Aug. 16:
Aug. 17:
Aug. 18:
Aug. 19:
Aug. 20:
Aug. 21:
Aug. 22:

Aug. 23:

Aug. 24:

Aug. 25:
Aug. 26:

Last edited:
Am I actually the first person to comment on your new TR? That never happens to me. :rotfl:

I've read and enjoyed your last few TRs but I don't think I've every commented. I'm usually two or three updates behind and always playing catch up so don't usually comment. Plus I'm writing two TRs and a PTR myself which as you know takes time. I do hope to keep up a bit more and comment once in a while!

ETA: Ugh! @missjackiemcg beat me by a few seconds!

Oh sure, I see how it is.

I finally get caught up on your other thread and you start a new one. :rotfl2:

I'm here!

I'm following along! I've read your last two reports but don't know if I ever commented. I enjoyed reading those and am looking forward to this one! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!