"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

Savor the Savanna sounds like an amazing experience. A perfect middle ground between the safari and the Wild Africa Trek.

Oh my goodness, I'm glad N was able to find your bag right away. What a damper that would have put on the evening had it been lost.

I was just reading some updates from one of my old trip reports the other day, and thinking about how much fun I used to have writing them, and how much more interesting a person I was in general in them, back in the early days before/at the beginning of my masters degree!

I COMPLETELY know this feeling. I wrote so very differently "back then".

If you've been following my reports for some time now, you'll probably already know that I've had a long love affair with the Finding Nemo show

Yep, I remembered that!

I'll let my many photos speak for themselves.

So many really great photos, Meghan! And I'm pretty sure we had most, if not all, of the same actors/actresses you did.

We were on our way toward Africa when I stopped in my tracks and realized that I wasn't wearing my backpack, and neither was N. My heart started racing. I must have left it in the restaurant!
:scared1: :scared1:

Fortunately, he found the bag right away with all its contents still inside and brought it back to me speedy quick! Crisis averted!

Phew!! Holy cow, I'd have had a heart attack!

We enjoyed some tunes by Burudika as we passed through. (I was so sad to hear recently that Disney was ending this offering! They're such wonderful entertainment!)

Yes, they were. Makes me very sad.

...Savour the Savanna! This is an evening safari experience on the Animal Kingdom Savanna.

I REALLY want to do this tour!

Relaxing at the boma was a lovely way to spend an evening as the sun started to set, and the views were lovely.

lHOZF6s.jpg

Wow, and a great view!

That is a perfect photo!! Nicely done!

While I do find—in both the old version and the new—that Rivers of Light starts to lose me a bit about halfway through, I do still love photographing it...

I'd agree, Snoozer, but visually pretty and fun to photograph, just lacking any story or substance whatsoever.

As much as life has been busier and less free-spirited as of late, reading some of my old trip reports has inspired me to try to get back in the game!
Woohoo!!!!!! The DIS ain't the DIS without some Meghan in it!

you'll probably already know that I've had a long love affair with the Finding Nemo show, and I tend to express my feelings about it to you all at great length.
Glad it got better. We've only ever seen it once because we weren't huge fans mainly because of the new music they added to it. We'll have to give it another try though if nothing else in the name of Meghan!

...since we'd decided to go to Satu'li Canteen for some quick service dinner. We wanted something to eat since our mediocre-to-poor lunch from our tour felt far away at this point, but we didn't want to fill up on a super large meal because we'd be snacking again in a couple of hours. We love the meals here
Satuli really is a great place. We aren't big quick service plans, but would be if they could all be this good.

One of the funniest things she told us was about this one eland on the savanna who thinks he's real hot stuff and likes to show off by making himself a nice grass hat and parading it around the savanna.

c8AG3N2.jpg
Is it weird that this somehow reminded me of something my husband would do? :P

Relaxing at the boma was a lovely way to spend an evening as the sun started to set, and the views were lovely.
Wow, what an awesome experience!!!

On our way out of the savanna, the sky turned the most delightful shades of orange.

ztd8waN.jpg
Gorgeous!

Very scary moment to not have your backpack, glad it was found.

Savor the Savanna looks and sounds amazing.

I may need to add this to one of our trips. This would be such a nice up and close Safari. I imagine it is less than the African Trek one.

I do enjoy The RoL it is a peaceful show and it fits with this amazing park!

I've been in and out, but your RoL photos look amazing! They look like promotional photos and are so beautiful with all of the colors

We did a little more touring and talking with one of our guides, Nick...
We had Nick on our Wild Africa Trek! He was terrific, and so interesting to talk to!

I have promised Jimmy a Wild Africa Trek in his future, but I hope Savor the Savanna sticks around for awhile because I would love to do that with Rob some day!

I had hoped to get another update in before this coming week, but alas, it seems it's not to be. I've been so busy as of late that I haven't even filled you folks in on my most recent Disney plans! I'm sitting in the airport today, freshly enjoying my fall study break, and about to head to Disney World for the week! I'm hoping to catch up with @chunkymonkey while I'm down there as well, which is exciting. :) N and I are going to catch a little more Food and Wine, and do a few of his favourites in a belated celebration of his birthday. I won't be doing a full trip report, but I'll be sure to post a couple of pictures when we get back. See ya real soon!
:mickeyjum

I should do that too. I feel I've been falling into a rut, myself.

You don't seem rut-ish to me, but I know how this feels.

Excuse me? Question? What if I don't have any brain space?

Oops! I didn't account for those who don't have space in their brains...

Greater shot!
You got too many great shots in this update to comment on all of them!!!

Thanks so much! I was pleased with the pictures from this show.

Non sequitur... Now I'm wondering if those are his real legs or if they're inside the mechanical legs... I'm leaning towards the latter.

I can't believe I never wondered about this before. It's a good question. You may very well be right.

Oh, man! Heart attack time!!

It was a horrible feeling! Glad N could find it quickly.

I'd hear that too. I can only hope that means they're bringing something else, as equally as entertaining, to replace them.

I hope so!

"Folks, meet Gerry. The derpiest giraffe in the park."

And also the most lovable :)

Got some good shots there. They're hidden more often than not.

We really lucked out with the lions that day! We also watched the male roar for us, but my photo had too much motion blur to post.

I think you're in the minority.
While I agree with you that the costumes and floats are colourful and all... the show itself is such a snooze-fest.

I definitely get the snooze part. I lose interest quickly. But I do think it's pretty, and I love the music.

Pretty good shot of her!
Or, as someone else pointed out... the only thing on the ride you can photograph. :laughing:

:lmao: True!

I love Awakenings. Much better than RoL.

Agree.

I'm sitting in the airport today, freshly enjoying my fall study break, and about to head to Disney World for the week!
Oh! Have a great time!!!
I'm hoping to catch up with @chunkymonkey while I'm down there as well, which is exciting.
Nice! Two of my favourite people getting together. :)
You don't seem rut-ish to me, but I know how this feels.
I managed to pull myself up a bit in my last update.
But... yeah, it was getting pretty bad there...
Thanks so much! I was pleased with the pictures from this show.
You should be!
It was a horrible feeling! Glad N could find it quickly.
I'm thinking "glad" isn't the word you used at the time. :)
And also the most lovable :)
:laughing:
We really lucked out with the lions that day! We also watched the male roar for us, but my photo had too much motion blur to post.
I saw/heard him roar once too. So cool!

I was just reading some updates from one of my old trip reports the other day, and thinking about how much fun I used to have writing them, and how much more interesting a person I was in general in them, back in the early days before/at the beginning of my masters degree! As much as life has been busier and less free-spirited as of late, reading some of my old trip reports has inspired me to try to get back in the game! I'm working away on a couple of updates here and there for our most recent trip, and I'll get that going soon. But I'm hopeful that this inspiration will be just what I need to get this sucker finished up first! On that note, here is...

I get that way too sometimes, depending on what's going on in real life. I have gone through periods where I have completely felt uninspired. Getting back o the DIS does make me feel better and I'm glad you're feeling the same way. It's always nice to have you back on here, Meghan, in whatever form you're able!

Fortunately, he found the bag right away with all its contents still inside and brought it back to me speedy quick! Crisis averted!

Yikes! Thank goodness!

While he was doing this, however, a cute little boy, probably 8 or 9 years old came up to me and asked, "'Scuze me, do you work here?" I replied, "No sorry...do you need help?" He nodded and gestured back to some other folks who appeared to be his family. "Yeah," he said, "we're looking for Avatar!" I smiled and pointed him in the right direction,

That's sweet :love:

Oh, my. What a lovely dinner and amazing views!

When we finished the tour, we were able to place a stone in this box to indicate where we wanted our donation from our tour price to go. From the cost of each tour, a certain percentage is donated to the Disney Conservation Fund, and it can be allocated to a particular category of animal based on the person's preference. I think I probably chose the hoofstock option (represented by the giraffe.)

I love that :thumbsup2

I hope a nighttime show at Animal Kingdom finally finds its feet before too long...) While I do find—in both the old version and the new—that Rivers of Light starts to lose me a bit about halfway through, I do still love photographing it...

It is so pretty in photos, and yet, I've been there and skipped it multiple times. Just cannot seem to make myself want to stay for it. Maybe in March...

I had hoped to get another update in before this coming week, but alas, it seems it's not to be. I've been so busy as of late that I haven't even filled you folks in on my most recent Disney plans! I'm sitting in the airport today, freshly enjoying my fall study break, and about to head to Disney World for the week! I'm hoping to catch up with @chunkymonkey while I'm down there as well, which is exciting. :) N and I are going to catch a little more Food and Wine, and do a few of his favourites in a belated celebration of his birthday. I won't be doing a full trip report, but I'll be sure to post a couple of pictures when we get back. See ya real soon!

Awesome! Have an amazing trip!!

Well, as seems to happen very often, I didn't receive a notification when this was posted. I went to watched threads and it took me to one of the replies to this post, so had to back up. On the other hand, this week has been kinda crazy anyway, so not sure when I would have been able to look at it.

Too bad...would love to meet up with you and N sometime. Didn't know @chunkymonkey was here either. It would be good to meet up with her and Steve again also.

Well, as seems to happen very often, I didn't receive a notification when this was posted. I went to watched threads and it took me to one of the replies to this post, so had to back up. On the other hand, this week has been kinda crazy anyway, so not sure when I would have been able to look at it.

Too bad...would love to meet up with you and N sometime. Didn't know @chunkymonkey was here either. It would be good to meet up with her and Steve again also.

Hey Doc!! I keep forgetting you are local now and can come to the parks at any time! Next time for sure. I think we are planning for March right now, although I'd like to come sooner but it's easier said that done, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!