When PIXAR Invades The Disneyland Resort! April 7-15, 2018! *COMPLETED 8/6/18*

Day 7: The Start of Pixar Fest - Part 2!

My Dad and I would then make our way into Frontierland where we would walk past the new area that will be used as the entrance to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

We were getting pretty hungry so we made our way to New Orleans Square where we finally elected to have lunch at the French Market.

Even though it was a little warm, I really wanted to have the corn chowder soup in the bread bowl. This was a sweet corn chowder which isn’t necessarily my favorite, but I enjoyed the bread bowl a lot.

It’s a little rare for me to get dessert, but my Dad and I elected to get this sampler trio. I really like pecan pie so that was probably my favorite one on this dish. I didn’t like the key lime dessert, but that really isn’t my thing. My Dad enjoyed that. I also enjoyed the chocolate cake.

French Market is definitely a great place to grab a bite to eat on your next visit to Disneyland!

My Dad and I then had a Fastpass for the Haunted Mansion. So, that was convenient that we ate right next to where our first fastpass of the day would be located.

After a trip visiting some very interesting ghosts, we had a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad which is a favorite of ours!

My Dad and I would decide to leave Disneyland and head back to our hotel for some relaxation.

When we got to Disney Springs, I really got to look up close with these awesome decorations that are themed around our favorite Disney Pixar characters!

We would arrive back at our hotel!

So, something funny happened when we got back up to our room. There was a baby crib set-up in our room which only has two adults in it. Either Disney thought I was many years younger than I actually am or they made a mistake. Well, it turns out they made a mistake and would come up and get the crib shortly after we called.

My Dad and I decided that we would go enjoy the pool which is actually really cool! They have a bunch of signs surrounding the pool with what attractions were E-ticket attractions, etc.

My Dad and I would eventually make our way back up to the room where we would get ready for an evening in Disneyland!

More in my next post!

Day 7: The Start of Pixar Fest - Part 3!

My Dad and I would make our way to the monorail where we would head back into Disneyland. We would also get Monorail Blue again.

My Dad and I had a Fantasmic Dining Package scheduled at River Belle Terrace, so we would head straight there.

Here is the menu:

There is an indoor seating area and an outdoor seating area. We would elect to sit outside, and I really like the ambiance of watching people walk by.

I would get corn chowder (again) as my appetizer. This was a good soup, but it was a smaller portion than I remember. It didn’t take me long to eat this at all.

The Mark Twain would sail by as we were eating. :)

I would get the ribs which would come with mashed potatoes and cole slaw. Honestly, this was ok. The ribs were very difficult to eat, and that was mostly because I could not cut the meat off at all. This led to having a very “messy’ experience. The sides were fine. They were basic mashed potatoes and cole slaw. I would probably get something different on the menu.

I would then get the chocolate Fantasmic Dragon dessert. This is very good, but if you don’t like spicy, I would not get this dessert. This definitely has a kick to it, but it is pretty good. I also like the design.

My Dad and I would decide to get a Fantasmic ticket for the 2nd show since we were going to see the Opening Night performance of Together Forever from Main Street.

After a nice meal with my Dad, we would make our way to our next fastpass of the day which was for Big Thunder Railroad again.

We would then make our way to Pirates of the Caribbean!

It’s always great to see this parrot!

My Dad and I getting ready to sail on Pirates of the Caribbean!

This version of Pirates of the Caribbean is so much better at Disneyland than Walt Disney World!

After a sail around the Caribbean, my Dad and I would then sail around the jungle on the Jungle Cruise!

Our next stop would be Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room! I absolutely love this attraction!

I would now like to welcome Dina (@dina444444) to this trip report!

After singing along with the birds, we would make our way to Main Street where we would meet Willis (@wnwardii) and Dina to see the Opening Night performance of Together Forever Fireworks Spectacular! We would wait about 2 hours for the show.

I was really excited to see this show from Main Street!

Stay tuned for more updates from the first day of Pixar Fest!

I really like the new extended queue area a lot. I think it will really help a lot this upcoming Christmas season when the attraction has their overlay.
And they don't have to hold up the queue when the parade is running! That always gets chaotic!

Even though it was a little warm, I really wanted to have the corn chowder soup in the bread bowl. This was a sweet corn chowder which isn’t necessarily my favorite, but I enjoyed the bread bowl a lot.
Mmmm, love that corn chowder!

When we got to Disney Springs, I really got to look up close with these awesome decorations that are themed around our favorite Disney Pixar characters!
My sister calls them faux-piaries!

So, something funny happened when we got back up to our room. There was a baby crib set-up in our room which only has two adults in it. Either Disney thought I was many years younger than I actually am or they made a mistake. Well, it turns out they made a mistake and would come up and get the crib shortly after we called.
Hmm, well I think you could have squished. If you really balled up!

I would get corn chowder (again) as my appetizer. This was a good soup, but it was a smaller portion than I remember. It didn’t take me long to eat this at all.
I don't like the RBT version as much as the French Market version. The first time I had it a couple years ago it was large and yummy. Then after they brought back fantasmic it is much smaller and not as good. The one I had was also lukewarm.

And they don't have to hold up the queue when the parade is running! That always gets chaotic!

Mmmm, love that corn chowder!

My sister calls them faux-piaries!

Hmm, well I think you could have squished. If you really balled up!

I don't like the RBT version as much as the French Market version. The first time I had it a couple years ago it was large and yummy. Then after they brought back fantasmic it is much smaller and not as good. The one I had was also lukewarm.

- That is true. I'm assuming that they might still have an extended queue during the Christmas season, but it is nice to not have that right now.

- The Corn Chowder was definitely good. I probably should have gone with a salad or a sandwich due to how warm it was at that time of the day.

- Interesting name for those. I just thought the decorations were really cool.

- LOL! I was not going to sleep in a baby crib when I already had my own bed to sleep in. :D

- RBT is really just ok. It is not my go-to location on Disneyland property. We only did it because it was the only dining package restaurant we could get at that time.

joining in on this one too! I've only made it out to DL one time so I love reading TRs from there. I think I would go more often if the flight wasn't so long from Atlanta.

Hi everyone!

I'm just letting you know that I am postponing this trip report for a week. I am currently on a Walt Disney World vacation. If you would like to follow along, check out my trip report in the signature since I am doing live updates! :)

This Trip Report will continue starting July 10th.

Day 7: Opening Night of Together Forever Firework Spectacular - Part 1!

It was finally time to see the premiere of Together Forever Firework Spectacular from Main Street U.S.A! After waiting a couple hours, I was really excited to see how this show would be with the projections from Main Street.

Enjoy the pictures of the show:

Buzz Lightyear flying:

More in my next post!

Day 7: Opening Night of Together Forever Firework Spectacular - Part 2!

Here are some more pictures of Opening Night of Together Forever at Disneyland:

The Up House flying over Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

Of course Barbie would have to say goodbye to us after the show! :D

I have now had a while to think about this show. At first, I had very mixed opinions of it. I thought the fireworks were really good. Definitely some of the best fireworks I have seen Disneyland do. My issue is with the show itself. I know the Pixar music is very iconic. However, I wish this show had its own song like Wishes, Happily Ever After, Disneyland Forever, and Magical (just to name a few). I do like the song choices in the show, but I have also enjoyed many of the original songs created for Disney nighttime shows. So, I feel like it is lacking that. Also, I think the show could be about 4-5 minutes longer. Some very iconic Pixar movies are missing from being featured outside of being projected for a short time during the finale. This is definitely on the shorter side of Disneyland firework shows. I also thought Disneyland Forever utilized the projection technology better. This show doesn’t help with my opinion that it is only supposed to be around for the summer. So, it is going to have a very short run most likely.

If I was to rank this show out of 10 (10 being the best), I would give it a 7. It’s not perfect, but I still enjoyed it.

More in my next post.

VIDEOS: Together Forever Fireworks Spectacular Premiere From Main Street!

Here are 2 videos I took of Opening Night of Together Forever from Main Street!

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Together Forever (Opening Night) - Main Street - Coco!

Here is a video I took of the Coco segment from Main Street. Coco has turned into one of my favorite Pixar movies, and this is my favorite section of the show! I really like how props show up on top of the Main Street buildings during this section.

Together Forever (Opening Night) - Main Street - Finale!

Here is a video of the finale of the show from Main Street. I really do enjoy this finale a lot especially at the end when Woody is featured saying something to Buzz.

More in my next post!

Day 7: Fantasmic + An Evening in Disneyland!

My Dad and I would then say good night to Dina and Willis since we would see them again the next day.

It was time for my Dad and I to make our way back to the Rivers of America so we could see Fantasmic. This would be my Dad’s first time seeing the new version of Fantasmic.

We arrived over by the Haunted Mansion to check-in for our dining package.

I learned something new on this trip as well. Since my Dad and I were seeing the 2nd showing of Fantasmic, we were able to get right in the center with the Blue Bayou Dining Package people. My Dad and I had the River Belle Terrace Dining Package which is usually sat a little off-center. Since a lot of people usually don’t request the 2nd show, Blue Bayou gets the first choice followed by River Belle Terrace. The only thing we didn’t get was the seat cushion.

Enjoy pictures of the show:

My Dad really enjoyed the new show, and this show has really grown on me as well. I am someone that really enjoyed the original Disneyland Fantasmic, and the aspects that worried me to start of the new version have definitely grown on me.

My Dad and I would then walk to Main Street where we would see Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. My Dad would then leave at this point and head back to the room while I would stay in Disneyland for a little longer.

I would make my way to Space Mountain!

I would then head back to Adventureland and ride Indiana Jones. I really like this ride a lot!

My final ride for the evening would be the Disneyland Monorail. Since I was now staying at the Disneyland Hotel, this is definitely a convenient option to take back to the resort at the end of the night.

I would finally arrive back at the Disneyland Hotel!

On my way back to the room, I would run into a black cat. This worried me for a second since this day was Friday the 13th. However, by the time I saw the cat, it was already Saturday the 14th. I was safe! :D

It was then time to get some rest since we had another busy park day ahead of us!

Stay tuned for Day 8 updates!

My Dad really enjoyed the new show, and this show has really grown on me as well. I am someone that really enjoyed the original Disneyland Fantasmic, and the aspects that worried me to start of the new version have definitely grown on me.
I still want Peter Pan back. If they hadn't switched that I would have been pretty happy.

Oh, and the start. I liked the previous version how all of a sudden all the lights would go out. Not as big a fan of them dimming... I feel like I need to go back and see it again. Maybe this weekend?

I still want Peter Pan back. If they hadn't switched that I would have been pretty happy.

Oh, and the start. I liked the previous version how all of a sudden all the lights would go out. Not as big a fan of them dimming... I feel like I need to go back and see it again. Maybe this weekend?
- I agree on Peter Pan. Still a little bitter on that. The POTC scene is a lot better now than it was when it first debuted.

- Or wait until I come back! :D

I really enjoyed the fireworks pictures and video. I can't remember what show we saw in Feb 2017 but there was only projections on the castle, not on Main Street.

I definitely need to get back out to Disneyland someday. Fantasmic was closed while we were there so we missed that one.

I really enjoyed the fireworks pictures and video. I can't remember what show we saw in Feb 2017 but there was only projections on the castle, not on Main Street.

I definitely need to get back out to Disneyland someday. Fantasmic was closed while we were there so we missed that one.
- It was probably Remember...Dreams Come True. Disneyland can't seem to get rid of that show. It's a great show, but it's starting to get on "Wishes" level for me. It's old (been around since the 50th Anniversary) and I'm getting bored with it. I usually don't see it if I'm at Disneyland anymore.

- Disneyland's version of Fantasmic is worth a trip just to see that. If you are a Disney Theme Park fan, you have to see that version. :)

Day 8: Breakfast At Steakhouse 55!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 8 of our interesting vacation to Southern California! This would be our final day in California and at Disneyland.

So, my Dad and I would wake up early, because we were having breakfast at Steakhouse 55! I have heard so much about the breakfast at Steakhouse 55, and since we were staying at the Disneyland Hotel, I figured it would be a perfect time to try it.

It felt really strange, because there was absolutely no one there. However, it was approximately 7:30 in the morning as well.

We would get seated, and here is a look at the menu.

Yep. An empty restaurant to ourselves. I really enjoyed the decor of the restaurant with the pictures of celebrities on the walls.

I would order an apple juice which came in a nice-sized glass.

My choice for breakfast was the french toast and bacon. I’ll be honest when I say that this was probably the best french toast I have ever had. It was delicious. The only thing about it was that it was HUGE!

I like the table setting that has all of the jams on it. Very classy looking.

As you walk into the restaurant, there are several photos of Walt Disney.

Overall, this breakfast was worth the hype. I definitely recommend everyone tries this place. The service was great. The food was excellent. It is definitely higher priced than your average breakfast location, but I think my french toast was worth the price.

My Dad and I would then head into the parks!

More in my next post.

Day 8: An Awesome Morning + Star Wars Virtual Reality Experience!

My Dad and I would make our way to the Downtown Disney Monorail Station where we would take the monorail into Disneyland. We would get Monorail Blue!

My Dad and I would get to sit in the back of the monorail!

Here is a picture of me in the back of the monorail:

We would then make our way to ride the Autopia since the ride is next to the Tomorrowland Monorail Station.

I would get to drive a yellow/gold car! Fun fact…Yellow is my favorite color. :)

I would then make my way to Matterhorn. I figured I would get the ride that “hurts” out of the way early.

We would then get our first view of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle for the day. :)

My Dad and I would make our way back into Tomorrowland and ride Star Tours. :)

MINE! MINE! MINE!

We would then make our way to Toontown where we would ride Roger Rabbit!

I don’t know why, but I just had to set-off this dynamite box. :D

Toontown is a very unique land to Disneyland. It is definitely a great area to walk around and look at all of the details.

We would then make our way to Fantasyland where I would come across a whale.

My Dad and I were making our way through when I noticed the Carousel had no wait. So, I had to ride it. :D

This is when I would split up from my Dad. I had plans with Dina and Willis so I would make my way out of the park by going through Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.

On my way out of Disneyland, I noticed one of the horse trolleys loading by Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. I also noticed the Dapper Dans hanging around the horse trolley. In my mind, I began to wonder if there would be a special moment? So, I would hop on the horse trolley! To my surprise, the Dapper Dans would serenade us all the way down to Town Square!

I would then make my way out of Disneyland and head to Downtown Disney where I would meet up with Dina and Willis.

I would meet them at The Void which is where you get to experience the Star Wars Virtual Reality Experience. I had done this twice at Walt Disney World. So, I was really excited to try this at Disneyland.

There was a little bit of a line so we actually had to start waiting outside the building. We probably waited about 15-20 minutes for our experience to begin.

The major difference between the Walt Disney World version and the Disneyland version is Walt Disney World can fit more people. That is because they have 2 areas while Disneyland only has 1 area for people to do the experience. It is the same exact experience at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

I think this is a great experience. I think I have gotten to the point of that this is expensive for how long the actual experience is. The actual experience is about 15 minutes, but plan for 30 minutes once you get into the “video room.” If you know exactly what you are doing (which our group did), you can get through this experience in about 10 minutes which is very fast.

Willis, Dina, and I would then make our way to Disney California Adventure where we would have a lunch reservation at a restaurant I hadn’t eaten at in years.

More in my next post.

VIDEO: Riding The Horse Trolley With The Dapper Dans!

Here is a video of the Dapper Dans serenading the people of Main Street while riding the Horse Trolley from the Hub to Town Square! The song they sang was “When I See An Elephant Fly!” This was definitely one of the best moments of my trip.

Make sure you watch my video in HD.

Horse Trolley With The Dapper Dans!

I hope you enjoyed the video!

Stay tuned for more updates from Day 8 of our vacation!

When I ate at Steakhouse 55 for breakfast over a year ago, it was empty as well. Having been more tuned to early ADRs at WDW, I wanted to get my day started. I really enjoyed my breakfast. It was also really quiet, so that was pleasant as well.

I actually had forgot that we did The Void. So it is nice to have these sudden memories of a really great and fun trip! That particular day was one of my favorite days that I have spent at DLR or even for any of my recent Disney trips.

When I ate at Steakhouse 55 for breakfast over a year ago, it was empty as well. Having been more tuned to early ADRs at WDW, I wanted to get my day started. I really enjoyed my breakfast. It was also really quiet, so that was pleasant as well.

I actually had forgot that we did The Void. So it is nice to have these sudden memories of a really great and fun trip! That particular day was one of my favorite days that I have spent at DLR or even for any of my recent Disney trips.
- I did enjoy how the breakfast was quiet as well. Definitely made it for a great chance to relax and enjoy our food before hitting the parks.

- This was really a fantastic day. I would agree with you that I think this was also one of my favorite days in recent memory. Having a lot of nice surprises along the way plus having great company as well made it to be a great day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter