when to book air for september? from NJ

Gillian

DIS Veteran
Right now flights are about $165 from philly to MCO. Should I book now or wait? What should I wait for? :)

Thank you!

I usually use the US air website to check prices. I put in the cities & choose "flexible" instead of specific dates. It shows you the types of fares available, and when you choose one you can see the specific dates that are available. After you pick the dates you can choose times. It's easier than trying to change your dates & times around to get the lowest fares.

I also like looking at orbitz to compare.

Keep in mind that fares are usually cheap in september!

Originally posted by Gillian

Keep in mind that fares are usually cheap in september!

Also keep in mind that airlines have tacked on a lot of taxes, etc onto their fares now because of the extra security, etc. So you have to look at about $30 more on airfare then what you normally look at .

Gillian,

I just booked the exact same thing...US Air out of Philly for $164 each (all taxes included). You do the same trick as me by doing a flexible search on the US Airways website. Its amazing, if you do a specific search, the exact same ticket can be $100 more. $165 is a great deal...subtract all the taxes and you are looking at about $60 each way....you can't beat that!! Snag it now because even though rates could possibly be lower later, you'll be EXTREMELY limited on available flights.

Isn't it funny how you can only find that fare by using the "Flexible" dates option?

I checked on orbitz & it comes up there as well. It's the lowest rate I've seen out of philly or newark yet!

Dh wants to use frequent flyer miles, and they do have our dates available. I'm holding them. I can't decide what to do, because it's not a great us of the miles, but we don't have any other flying trips planned for long, long time & the miles are just sitting there (AmEx). Help!

I am also waiting to book a flight for the Sept 3 day pin event at Epcot. I saw the US air rates today on a fare alert email. Two weeks ago I found a one day special on Delta for $156 RT from Newark and I booked it on Delta.com on 3/10 for a 8/20 flight, but it was only available for a few hours. I don't like having to stay on line so much just looking for fares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter