When to book Sci Fi lunch if going for a boarding group?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
What would be a good time to make a lunch reservation for Sci Fi if getting a boarding group for Rise of Resistance? I have no idea how fast the boarding groups are ready to ride.

Unless you get unlucky and your ADR is literally right in the middle of your 2 hr Boarding Group window you should be fine. Otherwise depending on when your boarding group window I would chose to ride on the side of the ADR that offers more time. For example your ADR for lunch is 1:00pm and your BG is 12:30pm - 2:30pm, then you eat first then ride.

I would book whatever time you wish. If it ends up that your BG return time conflicts, ask someone with GS or GET and they'll help you out I'm sure.

Boarding Groups are filling within 1 minute of the park opening and Backup boarding groups within an hour most days so I'd say book what you want and make adjustments once there if there is a conflict.

I would book whatever time you wish. If it ends up that your BG return time conflicts, ask someone with GS or GET and they'll help you out I'm sure.

Boarding Groups are filling within 1 minute of the park opening and Backup boarding groups within an hour most days so I'd say book what you want and make adjustments once there if there is a conflict.
The problem with Sci Fi is it’s usually booked up. I will go ahead and make it 12:30 and hope that works

The problem with Sci Fi is it’s usually booked up. I will go ahead and make it 12:30 and hope that works

It all depends on when you BG is. If you are real early you should be fine as long as they start with the BG right away. However, you just cannot tell right now. Typically, you should be okay at 1230 especially if you get a higher BG. It all depends on how quick you are with the app. We did a late diner at 820 and were fine. If sci fy is packed and running late you could have issues if you fall in the BG time as its typically about 1 hour from check in at ROR to finish, thats assuming no breakdowns while you are in line.

It all depends on when you BG is. If you are real early you should be fine as long as they start with the BG right away. However, you just cannot tell right now. Typically, you should be okay at 1230 especially if you get a higher BG. It all depends on how quick you are with the app. We did a late diner at 820 and were fine. If sci fy is packed and running late you could have issues if you fall in the BG time as its typically about 1 hour from check in at ROR to finish, thats assuming no breakdowns while you are in line.
Maybe I should make a little later? We don’t want a dinner because we are doing the dessert party.

There's literally no way to know what BG you'll get or when it will be called. Book your ADR for whenever you want to eat lunch, then deal with it when/if it becomes a problem.

My brother was is HS Sun of MLK weekend. Got his BG at 7:02. AM. He was in BG 133 called back for 4:28-6:28 PM.

Literally no way to tell when you’ll be called back, so just make your ADR for when you want to eat.

My brother was is HS Sun of MLK weekend. Got his BG at 7:02. AM. He was in BG 133 called back for 4:28-6:28 PM.

Literally no way to tell when you’ll be called back, so just make your ADR for when you want to eat.
Yes sounds like it could be any time. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter